Android-x86 developments and issues

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Pete

#151 Post by Pete »

Atle wrote:....
And then as I see it, Android x86 might become a SFS?
Now that would be a much better proposition for the desktop than running Android proper.

Atle

#152 Post by Atle »

I consider Android useless and totally without any value what so ever without their apps.

Android is just a carrier for many many apps that people likes and if I could run apps and just that it would be great, but if I can run android "as a app" that would be what comes after great.

In this case it seem legit to cross the river in order to get water...

nubc

#153 Post by nubc »

This forum has another thread to keep up with Jide's Remix OS. in which our favorite developer has taken an interest. It has been suggested that Microsoft acquire Jide in order to replace its Windows Mobile with Remix OS. Jide's mission is to tweak Android to look and behave like Windows as a PC operating system, Remix OS. Any idea what kind of money Jide developers would receive by selling Remix OS to Microsoft?
Attachments
Androidx86-banner-large.png
(179.85 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Last edited by nubc on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.

Pete

#154 Post by Pete »

@nubc

Interesting reading, thank you.
Let's see what develops although I doubt very much that M$ would ever dump their Win mobile platform for something else.
They have too much invested in it.

I'm more excited about BarryK's post (can't find the link now) where he talks about a Linux distro that will run on tablets.

learnhow2code

#155 Post by learnhow2code »

Atle wrote:I consider Android useless and totally without any value what so ever without their apps.
even with their apps... it seems like a platform designed to make it more irritating to develop in, all so it can be more irritating to run on other plaforms. or in other words, a take on the iphone that could only come from google.

Moat

#156 Post by Moat »

Pete wrote:I'm more excited about BarryK's post (can't find the link now) where he talks about a Linux distro that will run on tablets.
Was he talking about the Ubuntu "convergence" thing? Pretty cool, actually (if and when, that is...) -

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/ubu ... resses-me/

Bob