A template for the future of Puppy

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
darry1966

A template for the future of Puppy

#1 Post by darry1966 »

I believe the development of Puppy call be broken down to the following:

Kernel and associated Development
Artwork and Associated Gui Development
Retro Development Support using a proven base I think series 4 being brought up to date as a small modular base. (Don't forget the guys with so called doorstops (hate that term).
Cutting edge releases - Bleeding Edge Stuff
LTS releases - Not so as Debian but a decent amount of time to allow development to continue without burden
Testers - Even Non technical People testing progs and releases
The Bug Team
The Forum Team - pretty much already sorted.
Other Devs developing their own Pupplets - the best new features feed back into the parent
Documentation

Well thats a start - feel free to add, There is a role for everybody.

gcmartin

#2 Post by gcmartin »

Good breakdown for a perspective.
Question
When you say "Artwork and Associated Gui Development" are you referring to X and Window Managers which run on top of the base system's boot? Or are you envisioning dialogue managers?

darry1966

#3 Post by darry1966 »

gcmartin wrote:Good breakdown for a perspective.
Question
When you say "Artwork and Associated Gui Development" are you referring to X and Window Managers which run on top of the base system's boot? Or are you envisioning dialogue managers?
Good question I should have had these separate - Artwork as in wallpapers, theming for JWM etc Gui development as in Window Managers not just JWM especially any new Window Managers/Desktop environements that develop eg the rise of MATE etc and changes that occur with Desktop environments like the changes in LXDE etc.

I'm sure there is more things that needed on this list.