PAVrecord audio file questions/problems

Using applications, configuring, problems
mini-jaguar

PAVrecord audio file questions/problems

#1 Post by mini-jaguar »

Whenever I record something with PAVrecord, it seems to make .wav files of about 202 minutes even if I record only 2 or 3 minutes. If I play it with the default player, that is. Sometimes it even has problems playing.

They get short again if I put the file in MHwaveedit (without editing the length), but it's still pretty weird.

I've gotten some very long weird repeating video files before too, very long when I put them in a video editor, and they don't play correctly either. But it only happens once in a while (maybe only with certain video editors?).

Also, is there somewhere that explains all the parameters of the configuration file? I understand most of them, but for example what is the X11 size?

It is NOT the size of the capture, that is another parameter, which I've messed with before, works but I don't know its limits. Made posts about it too, with zero responses.

mcewanw

Re: PAVrecord audio file questions/problems

#2 Post by mcewanw »

mini-jaguar wrote:Whenever I record something with PAVrecord, it seems to make .wav files of about 202 minutes even if I record only 2 or 3 minutes. If I play it with the default player, that is. Sometimes it even has problems playing.

They get short again if I put the file in MHwaveedit (without editing the length), but it's still pretty weird.

I've gotten some very long weird repeating video files before too, very long when I put them in a video editor, and they don't play correctly either. But it only happens once in a while (maybe only with certain video editors?).

Also, is there somewhere that explains all the parameters of the configuration file? I understand most of them, but for example what is the X11 size?

It is NOT the size of the capture, that is another parameter, which I've messed with before, works but I don't know its limits. Made posts about it too, with zero responses.
Could you point me to the other posts you made about this? I had a quick look in the main pavrecord thread but don't see them. I don't normally record wav files so can't give a quick answer. Best if you provide the exact detailed pavrecord configuration you used in case someone has time to try and duplicate the problem, and put it in the main pavrecord thread since that is where I would look when next developing or fixing any bugs in the program. Thanks.
github mcewanw

mini-jaguar

#3 Post by mini-jaguar »

I remember making a thread, maybe a post, asking about the parameters of the configuration file, screen size for example, zero responses. Can't find it either.

Or maybe I have it confused with the config file for another program...

Pelo

Puppy now is a training tool for buiding.. puppies

#4 Post by Pelo »

zero reponse. the same for me now. However pAVrecord is part of the menu 'multimedia' in most Puppies..
Puppy now is a training tool for buiding.. puppies