Vincent Van Pup 3992

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Atle

#61 Post by Atle »

I can not figure out how to download it.

It says in the thread its a paid download as far as I can understand.

So I guess in my project the music production part will be
AV Linux. Despite it being so huge.

http://www.bandshed.net/

puppyluvr

#62 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Studio V2 is for audio and recording.
It is indeed a paid D/L although the older versions are free.
It started as Puppy Studio.
But it has nothing to do with my PAW.
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

Atle

#63 Post by Atle »

@Puppyluvr

The link you got on your signature brings me this:

This site can’t be reached

puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Its a shame its a paid download, but at the other hand its part of the free world as well.

I'll look into your PAW if any information is provided such as a link. I think its great if one can also enable old hardware and not just buy new all the time.

atle

Pelo

yes Puppy Studio is for audio, sorry for disturb..

#64 Post by Pelo »

yes Puppy Studio is for audio, sorry for disturb... There are other Puppies,
I am sure you can get free PAW (see archives.org. The advantage of this Puppy is that Puppyluvr will assist you if you don't understand something,
perhaps we should write in Paw topic and let Vincent Van Pup in its eternity peace.
I take a glance at archives.org..Yes ! 900MB ... see PAW topic, category Annoucements.
Another Puppy 300mb sized is available (puppy Media)
Starhawk please show 'dead' in the title please... To avoid Pelo giving life again :idea: (that is a candle)

starhawk

#65 Post by starhawk »

...mon dieu... :roll:

I'm not changing the title... your mess is not my job to clean up (thankfully) -- so it is you who should send for a broom. Just keep track of what damage (?) you've already done -- or, better yet, read the last say two or three pages of the thread -- so that you can avoid the issue of being a repeat customer.

For the record -- the reason I stopped releasing Pups was because I could not support them. That restraint will have to be sufficient for now.

Someday -- if I come to know enough of what lies 'under the hood' -- I may change that. But it will only happen if I can provide support. This will be years from now, likely, if ever -- there is a lot of Puppy to learn, even in the size it is!

If you must continue to dig up the Puppy graveyard -- perhaps you should consider changing your nickname here to Monsieur Frankenstein...?

If you do, I shall have to send you copies of two Pups I have -- one is --I want to say-- called "SimplePup" and is based on a pre-1.0 version of Puppy (!), and the other I recall being called "Puppy Barebones" or similar, and is a command-line-only 2.x-series model, sort of a precursor I'd imagine to goingnuts' pUPnGO... both are Puplets. Perhaps you should haunt their creators -- particularly since I've heard somewhere (although never verified of course) that the 1.x and earlier Puppies were very different creatures inside, from the 2.x-series and later editions...

Pelo

I could not support my released puppies

#66 Post by Pelo »

"For the record -- the reason I stopped releasing Pups was because I could not support them. That restraint will have to be sufficient for now. " ok no Problem. Just shut the matter by informing people 'no more supported...
We are all looking for the puppy specific for editing pictures, as you can see. Vincent van pup could have been the one.
PAW is dated 2009, and it can still satisfy people. Date of issue is not a criteria, only fits or does not fit what we need.

Puppy forum is not the main entry of people for loading ISOs. Even if topics are shut here, if download places are not shut too, customers will go on loading. Archives.org stores every puppy released.
You cannot prevent people to ask questions, furthermore if nothing shows that you don't want anymore support them.
Now, if you don't want to modify your title....
Users are asked to idenditfy as 'solved' their topic. But each one is free.
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 31 Mar 2016, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

0xdawg

#67 Post by 0xdawg »

Pelo wrote:Now, if you don't want to modify your title....
why would he want to??

srsly, 7k posts and most of 'em is BS, few seem nothing more than public mind mapping notices to self -- what i don't see in yer posts is giving hints and help to others.
[size=75][b][url]https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe[/url][/b][/size]

LazY Puppy

#68 Post by LazY Puppy »

I think, adding information to the title of the opening post saying 'discontinued' or even 'not supported anymore' would not be a task too heavy and also would not being a crime or something similar.

Wish I could do this for some of my topics that aren't longer supported or continued, but without having access of my old user name 'RSH' it just doesn't work.

I don't know if most of the 7,000 post are really b...s..., though some of them had getting my attention, as I had discovered some software through Pelo's postings.

For the missing hints and help to others I must say: some of us are developers, some of us are hobbyists and some are just users at the search for Puppy solutions.

I think Pelo is just a user. Asking real/true users for hints and help to others would be comparable to asking a music theorist playing an instrument or to compose music.

This just wouldn't work.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

Pelo

This thread is eerily quiet. Either nobody's using it

#69 Post by Pelo »

remember : ISO available archives.org 634MB to burn, we choose it. We want some respect and gentleman attitude
A remaster of Upup Raring 3992 non-pae by starhawk for artists
following a 'Out house sink' approach 'If it was practical, or could be useful, for an artist -- it was included.'
for more details see here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=89395
Oct 2013 starhawk complained "This thread is eerily quiet. Either nobody's using it or I did a better job than I thought was possible..."
:!:
Installed at home end of december 2015. There is a keyboard problem (to reset each session). So i informed starhawk and ask him a solution, for me and other people. Is that a shame ?
No answer . :evil:
Attachments
artpupwall-1024x768.jpg
Vincent Van Pup
(16.84 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

greengeek

Re: This thread is eerily quiet. Either nobody's using it

#70 Post by greengeek »

Pelo wrote: There is a keyboard problem (to reset each session)
Do you get the same problem if you use the original Upup 3992?

Pelo

The keyboard setting bug has appeared later, in upup series,

#71 Post by Pelo »

The problem of first settings was existing yet in dpup 3.2.2.8 before. Musher0 explained me how to do in the french forum. But that was efficient only for the current session,
I like very much Dpup squeeze, they are full featured and light, it's my main Puppy on my old ACER laptop (2014) 512MB.

The keyboard setting bug has appeared later, in upup series, for which french users Augras and Musher0 (canadian !) failed in love.. as they are my (friendly) colleagues, i wanted to follow them in UPUP, and as i am fond of photography, i choose Van PUP.. and Van Pup had the problem too.

AS said puppyluvr i Am an user, If Puppy would be an airline, i would be the artist (painter or singer) in the travel agency, not the engineer in aircraft repair workshops. Puppy is asking more and more passengers to change the aircraft wheels.

Pelo

Let us go with these linuxians problems

#72 Post by Pelo »

Let us go with these linuxians problems. My Paint will make the painter forgot Typist keyboard for pencils :!:
Attachments
Joueurs-de-pétanque.jpg
(86.08 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

starhawk

#73 Post by starhawk »

3rd time you bring it back, Pelo.

Round and round and round it goes... where it stops, nobody knows...

EDIT: this seems relevant.

mikeslr

Where it stops

#74 Post by mikeslr »

Actually starhawk,

the action stops as illustrated by pelo's drawing:

A crowd of onlookers is forming --only one clearly there to sympathize-- around a guy mildly disturbed by the loss of his balls.

mikesLr

starhawk

#75 Post by starhawk »

...that sounds painful...

:oops:

puppyluvr

#76 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Pelo my friend.
Please return to our FB group and stop bugging starhawk. :lol:
Instead of stating what is missing, perhaps state what you want.
Perhaps not in a years old thread..
Perhaps if there is not a Puppy to your liking, you would like to assist in creating one?
Perhaps...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

mikeslr

post subject

#77 Post by mikeslr »

starhawk posted: "...that sounds painful... "

Perhaps not so much if he, just before, had an excess, and jeans which were too tight. :lol:

:idea: There may be a rule analogous to those of Newton's Third Law of Physics, "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" and Karma: Over-abundance and pleasure is balanced by deprivation and pain. :(

Hence, stoically, his disturbance was only mild.

mikesLr

Pelo

Title (Discontinued)

#78 Post by Pelo »

Either the distro is no more supported, Title (Discontinued), or is alive..
Still on use at home, in spite of keyboard to be reloaded each session.
A have many Pelo Puplets at home. Publishing them implies supporting people using them :!: So I don't create a topic.
However :
"Artsy" people using graphic edition can post on starhawk topic without starhawk assistance, if he wants to deal other subjects, and not this one.
Other Artwork puppies are too old to run on my Medion P7624, unless i remasterize them.
"Very nice pup! I will make good use of this. Love the fact that xara can export to illustrator EPS format. " Greengeek.
Should users only enjoy the first days of release ?
:) In french forum, questions still arrive about 4.3.1 version. Medor answer them in spite of he would like better Slaxen Users give some feedback.

greengeek

Re: The keyboard setting bug has appeared later, in upup series,

#79 Post by greengeek »

Pelo wrote:The problem of first settings was existing yet in dpup 3.2.2.8 before. Musher0 explained me how to do in the french forum. But that was efficient only for the current session, .
Any chance of a link?

Pelo

Yes, greengeek, if i forget, send me a PM.

#80 Post by Pelo »

Yes, greengeek, if i forget, send me a PM.
In fact Upup has this keyboard problem. Musher and Augras found how-to set their Puppy not to have doing settings each session, but i failed. For me The ISO should be updated. Each user get headache with that (unless it's an us user). And a lot of Upup derivatives are concerned. VanPup is one of them. It's not a No Go Item. We shall no trash an artwork puppy for that.
That was the first reason i Posted on this topic, to help solving and releasing a new ISO (Without Libre Office... )