attaching and exchanging files with samsung tablet

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
horhota

attaching and exchanging files with samsung tablet

#1 Post by horhota »

I've searched a few times for topics on attaching and exchanging files with a Samsung tablet but all I found was talk about installing puppy on a tablet. I have various versions of Puppy but mostly use Slacko - 5.7-6.3 etc. When I attach the tablet using the OTG cable in an USB port, it sees the tablet as a camera. If I click continue, it will see the top directory or folder on the tablet but it doesn't want to go much further. With Windows I can simply plug the tablet into the same USB port. It sees the tablet as just another USB drive and I can browse its folders and copy and paste files to/from it. Can this not be done easily in Puppy? I'm not complaining about Puppy - I've used it for several years and LOVE it. It's just a nuisance to have to go back to Windows to do something like this.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Read here.

What model tablet is this? The way that Android handles USB connections has changed in newer versions.

drunkjedi

#3 Post by drunkjedi »

Ahh nice, will try that.
I have previously tried manual MTP share mounting and un-mounting. It feels too much work, so I left that way for wifi option.
Thanks rcrsn51.

To horhota,
Yes newer Android tabs and phones have removed 'Connect as Mass Storage device' option from usb connection type options.

It's been replaced by MTP, Media Transfer Protocol.

There is also another way if you are using same network for PC and tab.

My PC is connected with wire to router and my phone uses wifi.

I just use 'samba' to share files between my PC and phone.
You need to install a file manager on Tablet that can see and mount lan shares.

I use X-plore on my phone.

But for usb connection try out what rcrsn51 shared.

Thanks.

horhota

#4 Post by horhota »

The CamPhoneTab pet works great. Guess that I searched using the wrong terms - the thread you referred me to did not show up in the search. Thanks as always for your expert advice and assistance.