Transfer photos from Iphone 5s to Precise Puppy

Booting, installing, newbie
puppyrodney

Transfer photos from Iphone 5s to Precise Puppy

#1 Post by puppyrodney »

I tried connecting the Iphone 5S to Precise Puppy. It automatically brings up the PupCamera application and opens a file window, but cannot find any photos.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Galbi

#2 Post by Galbi »

Hi, welcome.

When I connect my Nokia, in the phone, a window pops up with 3 options, one of them is to access something like Massive Storage Device. It's the access to the memory chip, and Puppy sees it as a normal usb pendrive.

Look in your phone if there is something similar, or perhaps googling "iphone massive storage divice" might help you.

Cheers.

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

From the user manual, turn on Photo Stream- or perhaps install Dropbox.

Ted Dog

#4 Post by Ted Dog »

Need the camera support pet. Or power off iPhone then plug in to computer. There was a trick to getting iphones to be seen on puppy I used. BUT it can never be used with MAC hardware or it will be locked down, and can not be viewed as a camera anymore. Stick with Linux or Windows.
Let me know how it goes, my hand me down iphone3 (it was forced on me by apple loving drones I call family ) has become no longer workable. So I have to pick out my Thanksgiving-Hanukkah/Christmas gift at the AT&T store, soon. I need to know if this is a problem, with newer iPhones.

Ted Dog

#5 Post by Ted Dog »

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 51&t=59183

Also fatdog64 has gkUSB which see's my old iPhone 3 and allowed me to transfer my pics off phone. No Apple in my future decided to go Android this round and get a Samsung Mega... Your post reminded my of Apples LOCKIN problems. :cry:

grump

#6 Post by grump »

Might be easier with an app. I have PhotoMgrPro, QuickExplorer, (Readdle) Documents on my iPad - all of which let you see and copy your photos using a browser on a PC or other smart device.

Maybe not QuickExplorer - it lets you see and copy files in Windows shares.

Edit to add:
Just connected my iPad - the PupCamera window opened, asked if I wanted to open USB xyz which I did, and saw a directory holding other directories which held photos taken with the iPad as well as photos and movies tranferred into the iPad by various means, but not ones transferred with iTunes.

I'm using Precise 5.7.1 at the moment.