DTS to AC3, with no extraction from mkv be amazing!

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
JimmyBonzai

DTS to AC3, with no extraction from mkv be amazing!

#1 Post by JimmyBonzai »

Hello there!

Yes not after a specific package as such just a straight up question, with the ease of this dine in windows surely there is a tool available for puppy?

My fave on win7 was to manually do it using 2 brilliant tools, an in depth yet easy to use command line for extracting AND converting DTS to AC3 "eac3to" and a simple GUI drag and drop style tool "Haali splitter" aka "gdsmux" to, yes, "mux" the ac3 into the mkv while doing away with the still embedded dts all in one go!

a REALLY easy, or should I say LAZY way of doing it is a GUI called "MKV2AC3" which basically uses eac3to and not entirely sure if the halli splitter part is a function of it s own or not - but point is , with this real taccy GUI all u di is load the mkv, choose what bitrate fir the AC3 plus the standard output destination, press "GO" and x amount mins later shazam! easy as that!

why the hell do i go through all this u ask? i normally watch hd stuff using usb stick on my 42" LED beauty 8) with usb input - Plays ANYTHING i through at it, seriously ANYTHING, except DTS audio, it will still play the video but tells you "its DTS AUDIO - no dice" at start

Im away to try "ffconvert-1.4 on my new slacko 5.6 install yet i think this will be in vain, from all the info i can see i don't think this nifty wee tool can handle the audio daddy of DTS.... :?

any suggestions would be great, thanks :)