EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R300

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
James186282

EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R300

#1 Post by James186282 »

Other then the HPLaserJet 5 I can't seem to own a common printer. I hate asking again but I've pounded my head for a while and stopping doesn't feel as good as usual.

I can find drivers for R3000 and R290 and anything except for the R300.

Cups detects it as a USB printer and seems to know what it is. I tried the generic Epson driver and it prints out into the bit bucket (Says its completed but the printer doesn't do anything that I can see)

I've got a couple machines running a variety of Puppy flavours. Slacko, Precise being the two favs now. The Cups is the 1.4 rev not the 1.3 that seemed to always work with a little less struggling. Thanks for any guidance.

p.s. My wife is all revved up for me to get this working so she can do some art project that requires some "photo" type printing. She has a huge rolling pin and my head already hurts from hitting it against the wall.
GULP
Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer.
Art is everything else we do.
[i]Donald Knuth [/i]

rcrsn51

Re: EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R300

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

James186282 wrote: I tried the generic Epson driver and it prints out into the bit bucket (Says its completed but the printer doesn't do anything that I can see)
Are you referring to the Gutenprint driver? It has an entry for the Epson Stylus Photo R300.

The official driver package from Epson here does not support your model, but there is an R3000. Have you tried it?

James186282

Re: EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R300

#3 Post by James186282 »

I did try the 3000 driver but this gave me print completion messages when nothing was happening. I thought I gave the Gutenprint drive a try but perhaps this was the Generic Epson driver I'm thinking of. In any event I'll give that a try thank you again.
rcrsn51 wrote:
James186282 wrote: I tried the generic Epson driver and it prints out into the bit bucket (Says its completed but the printer doesn't do anything that I can see)
Are you referring to the Gutenprint driver? It has an entry for the Epson Stylus Photo R300.

The official driver package from Epson here does not support your model, but there is an R3000. Have you tried it?
Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer.
Art is everything else we do.
[i]Donald Knuth [/i]