Lucid Puppy Revitalized as 5.2.8.7 - Nov., 2017 - Final

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
rerwin

Problems with LibreOfffice 5.4.7 in Lucid Pups

#1036 Post by rerwin »

I am withdrawing the lupulibres for LibreOffice 5.4.7 because it does not seem to work reliably in the Lucids. See my previous message for more details.

tallboy

#1037 Post by tallboy »

The gecko-mediaplayer in my Palemoon 27.9.4 in Lucid 5.2.8.7 is v1.04. In the ppm repo there is a v1.06 showing as already installed? When I try to install it, Palemoon starts with no plugins. Is there a bug somewhere?
The reason for trying to update is that I constantly get the message that I have to install a codec for mp4 to view a video.
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

rerwin

#1038 Post by rerwin »

tallboy,
I never got palemoon to work with plugins. That is one of many reasons I stopped releasing new versions of Lucid Pup. And why I left palemoon installation to interested users.

Although I still use Lucid Super 2 with seamonkey 2.46 as my puppy for email and routine stuff, I am developing for woofCE and recent puppies. I encourage others to move on from lupu, if they can, to xenial pup 7.5 or Bionic (upupbb).

I, too, am seeing codec messages when I try audio or video playbacks in my puppy tests with kernel 3.2 (pupradio, xine, VLC), but have not determined how to resolve the problem. I wonder where you get the needed codecs if they don't tell you which codec is needed. I suspect the problem is with mp4, but am not confident about that.

tallboy

#1039 Post by tallboy »

I have never looked at the version of the gecko-mediaplayer before, I always assumed it was the latest. I have not experienced problems with other plug-ins in PM, but I haven't used many, I don't really need them...
The woof-CE versions of functions4puppy and savesessionDVD have at some point been altered, so that saving to a CD-R is impossible. But BionicBeaver may be be my future Puppy.
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.