Joomla 3.5 Released today and here is the JoomPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Atle

Joomla 3.5 Released today and here is the JoomPup

#1 Post by Atle »

Fresh of the shell today is the Joomla 3.5.

The biggest news is that it now supports PHP7.

But apart from that they state quite a lot here

This remaster is not much more than a regular Tahr6.0.5CE_PAE, whereas:

Added user for Xampp to install
Installed Xampp 7.04 (Latest with PHP 7)
Installed Joomla 3.5 in its purest form
Made "joomla changes" to php.ini

Added icons to desktop to start and stop server. Files in /root/scripts

Made all pages of interest as default "homepage" in browser for you to find your stuff.

Joomla credentials:

User: admin
Password: changeme

Errors:

A minor error at boot where the Tahr believes it has been shut down wrongly, due to a possibly controversial way of remastering in order to get a "out of the box" experience.

Tested after remastering:

Just tested a live reboot and checked that the server works.

Todo:

Await any good ideas

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire)

Md5: bebeced5f4e04b772df0d48608d90de2

Size: 421.75MB

WARNINGS:

Do not consider this a Webserver that should be live on the internet. It is not configured for that. Do not put this in a hostile environment. This is more like you can play with your own Joomla stuff, learn Joomla or just get a understanding of Xampp & Joomla.

You can use either Shareinternet and/or Wlanmaker to get this to become something local for you and others, but its not recommended to consider this something you go beyond a local network with. Files permissions are 777 for both xampp and joomla, so its no good for security.

Have fun
Atle

ally

#2 Post by ally »

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

Thanks Ally...

As I come to think of it, the system with mirroring remasters brings real security to the system. As long as the remaster him self is not sole in control of the original ISO, its like taking a DNA test and storing it in a safe place.

Just a thought...

Atle

ally

#4 Post by ally »

that's why I started collecting them years ago, so many were being lost which I thought a shame

the archive has been very kind to us and I hope some will make a donation, I reckon I have a around 3Tb put up there

:)

Atle

#5 Post by Atle »

I wish I was able to donate, but I am just another poorpupper...

Hanging on to old hardware, but try to make the most out of it etc:-)

With just 26 downloads in a week or so it seems "JoomPup, has a marginal interest.

And no feedback does not make that better.

Pelo

Release needs some advertising, puppies are so many..

#6 Post by Pelo »

we can talk about it in Puppy-Facebook, here your colleagues have they own puplet, and their own troubles with it...
Release needs some advertising, puppies are so many..Puppy luvr for english maid puppies, or Nilson Morales can welcome you, to meet people in social sites, not repair workshops.
As Puppy's roots here cannot know, the most loaded ISOs are Spanish andd russian, excepted Tahrpup (really a success)
Post a demo in YouTube, that can help your Puppy.
If no bug, your topic will sink page two, seven, fourty... recovered by wobbly puplets :!:

Atle

#7 Post by Atle »

Its rare that a marketing plan comes along with new Puppies... I might just do that one day.

But its totally worth it. But there got to be something really new in it.

Atle

xanad

#8 Post by xanad »

Thanks Atle,
works fine! You've performed a very useful work, bravo.
Just a little italian remake:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 679#898679
[url]http://www.xanad.tk[/url] Html5 Parallax

gcmartin

#9 Post by gcmartin »

One aspect of this distro is its stability with its OOTB functions.

One reason for little to no feedback is that there is nothing to report as it "just works!"

Another reason is similar to lack of comments on the NEW Puppy Blog site; namely, membership may not be knowledgible in Home's web-design or web-designs in general.

But, I find its stability wonderful and I recognize that any non-web issues are probably Tahr issues which I use most.

Thanks @Atle for this contribution.

Atle

#10 Post by Atle »

@xanad

Your spinnoff had some network issues during my testride. There was errors or weirdness inn both Simple network and Frisbee. Frisbee did not come up with anything at all.

Maybe someone else can report back and if its not a bad download or any other error that is just in my case, then it should be fixed.

But nice work. Looks good.

What is needed now is to get rid of Xampp and exchange it for Hiawatha and PHP7.

Both Hiawatha, so small, so secure and also "latest and greatest" PHP7 should have been standard in all Puppies as its just the latest and greatest. Then you got something very small that can build very big things on. "Scalability" sort of...