Wary5.5-Live: USB unmounts, loggs off and on ?spontaneously?

Booting, installing, newbie
watchdog

#16 Post by watchdog »

You are reporting a serious bug in usb drives assigments of wary 5.5. User Monsie warned that the usb drives assignments in wary 5.5 is buggy and suggested to use wary 5.3. I have used with joy wary 5.3 during one year on an old desktop. When wary 5.3 was upgraded to 5.5 my old desktop crashed and I am now using precise and slacko so I have not tested well the wary 5.5 release. Though I think that wary development is near closed, is there someone who can help our user wiko who sent me a private message?

wiko

#17 Post by wiko »

watchdog wrote:You are reporting a serious bug in usb drives assigments of wary 5.5. User Monsie warned that the usb drives assignments in wary 5.5 is buggy and suggested to use wary 5.3 ...... Though I think that wary development is near closed, is there someone who can help our user wiko who sent me a private message?
so it's not just Live but also the USB-session that suffers from this bug. only advantage from the latter is that a restart also resets to sdb1 (and 5). so doing a save works as long it's at sdb1.

took a lot of searching, but managed to find 5.3 (many links led to File not found). 5.5 was the first distro I ever burned to a Read-Only and not a RW (will have to sacrifice another).

can I keep the save-file from 5.5? will 5.3 find and load it?
(what version of Seamonky was in 5.3? no problems there?)

that's my back-up if all else fails.

watchdog

#18 Post by watchdog »

wiko wrote: can I keep the save-file from 5.5? will 5.3 find and load it?
(what version of Seamonky was in 5.3? no problems there?)

that's my back-up if all else fails.
I think you can try if the same warysave works backwards to wary 5.3. Backup it and try.

Edit: I have made a test with my old installs: it doesn't work. You have to install wary 5.3 by a new save file.

wiko

#19 Post by wiko »

watchdog wrote:
wiko wrote: can I keep the save-file from 5.5? will 5.3 find and load it?
I think you can try if the same warysave works backwards to wary 5.3. Backup it and try.

Edit: I have made a test with my old installs: it doesn't work. You have to install wary 5.3 by a new save file.
damn&d. does this mean that I will have to start all over again with customization etc? I hate that!