Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 11:00
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Is there any simple way to share printer with WinXp?(SOLVED)
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Author Message
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:37    Post_subject:  Is there any simple way to share printer with WinXp?(SOLVED)
Sub_title: (SOLVED)
 

Puppy Precise 5.7.1

I'm using Puppy Precise , but I need to use an Windows XP printer located at my network .
How could I do it ? I've tried to add a printer with Windows Wizard adding different paths but no luck , like :
-http://localhost:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series
-192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series
-http://192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series

Edited_times_total
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9213
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:49    Post_subject: Re: Is there any simple way to shared printer with Windows Xp ?  

marcos90 wrote:
Puppy Precise 5.7.1

I'm using Puppy Precise , but I need to use an Windows XP printer located at my network .
How could I do it ? I've tried to add a printer with Windows Wizard adding different paths but no luck , like :
-http://localhost:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series
-192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series
-http://192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series

Just to be clear, you want to print FROM a Puppy machine TO a printer on a Windows machine. Because your examples appear to be going the other way.

Your source for information about printing in Puppy is here. It has section on connecting to a Windows shared printer.

Please report back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:56    Post_subject: Re: Is there any simple way to shared printer with Windows Xp ?  

rcrsn51 wrote:

Just to be clear, you want to print FROM a Puppy machine TO a printer on a Windows machine. Because your examples appear to be going the other way.

EDITED > no . My fault Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I think my mind isnt working well . Its opposite . I want to print from Windows XP machine to a printer on a Puppy machine .
Again sorry for my mistake .

rcrsn51 wrote:

Your source for information about printing in Puppy is here. It has section on connecting to a Windows shared printer.
Please report back.

Ok ! Thank you ! I'll gonna report back as soon as possible .
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:09    Post_subject: Re: Is there any simple way to shared printer with Windows Xp ?  

marcos90 wrote:
rcrsn51 wrote:

Just to be clear, you want to print FROM a Puppy machine TO a printer on a Windows machine. Because your examples appear to be going the other way.

EDITED > no . My fault Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I'm using VNC client and I think my mind isnt working well . Its opposite . I want to print from Windows XP machine to a printer on a Puppy machine .
Again sorry for my mistake .

rcrsn51 wrote:

Your source for information about printing in Puppy is here. It has section on connecting to a Windows shared printer.
Please report back.

Ok ! Thank you ! I'll gonna report back as soon as possible .
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9213
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:13    Post_subject:  

Then you need to follow the steps for sharing a Puppy printer. Note that there are TWO steps in CUPS.

Once you have done that correctly, your URL in the Windows printer setup looks OK.

Code:
http://192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:29    Post_subject:  

I could only find one way . The way I've tried was :
Opened Cups 1.4.8 > Administration TAB and thick the following option :
-Show printers shared by other systems
Protocols: CUPS
-Share printers connected to this system
Max clients:
Protocols: CUPS

But still , Windows Xp cannot detect or find the printer .
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9213
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:42    Post_subject:  

marcos90 wrote:
I could only find one way.

Please go here again and read the section titled "Sharing your Puppy Printer with Other Windows or Linux Machines".

Quote:
(CUPS 1.4.x) When you install a printer, there is a check box for Sharing. If you have not already set it, run the Modify Printer procedure.

I own an iP2700, so I set it up as shared printer in Precise 571 and successfully used it from an XP machine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 13:25    Post_subject:  

Quote:
(CUPS 1.4.x) When you install a printer, there is a check box for Sharing. If you have not already set it, run the Modify Printer procedure.

Yes , I did that .But no results . I'm disabled both firewall .

Quote:

I own an iP2700, so I set it up as shared printer in Precise 571 and successfully used it from an XP machine.

I'll gonna try here , thanks for helping me .
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
ndujoe1

Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Posts: 700

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:27    Post_subject: shared printing  

I have used Google Print to share a legacy printer on my Puppylinux machine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Fri 06 Dec 2013, 15:46    Post_subject:  

Am I doing right here? This stuff is driving me nuts Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
impressora 2.png
Description 
png

 Download 
Filename  impressora 2.png 
Filesize  59.52 KB 
Downloaded  381 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9213
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri 06 Dec 2013, 16:08    Post_subject:  

1. Is 192.168.1.200 the IP address of the Puppy machine?

2. If it is, the correct URI is
Code:
http://192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series

Note the http:// at the beginning and the : colon in the middle.

I tested this with another XP machine and it worked again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Fri 06 Dec 2013, 16:20    Post_subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
1. Is 192.168.1.200 the IP address of the Puppy machine?

2. If it is, the correct URI is
Code:
http://192.168.1.200:631/printers/Canon_iP2700_series

Note the http:// at the beginning and the : colon in the middle.
I tested this with another XP machine and it worked again.


I had tested with http:// before , but no luck . It still giving that message that cannot connect with printer .
thats weird , it should be working , specially because today , I finally could instal Samba-TNG , and finally I can see shared files from Win XP to Puppy , But , unfortunatly , this problem with shared printer still persists .
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9213
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri 06 Dec 2013, 16:24    Post_subject:  

In the CUPS Admin > Server section, have you checked "Share printers connected to this computer"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
marcos90

Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Fri 06 Dec 2013, 16:37    Post_subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
In the CUPS Admin > Server section, have you checked "Share printers connected to this computer"?

Yes , it all ticked . I printed the screen also :
impressora4.jpg
Description 
jpg

 Download 
Filename  impressora4.jpg 
Filesize  43.11 KB 
Downloaded  404 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 9213
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri 06 Dec 2013, 16:47    Post_subject:  

Is your XP machine running a security package like Norton that might be blocking this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0947s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0196s) ][ GZIP on ]