FlatStudioGray JWM Theme

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
busprof

FlatStudioGray JWM Theme

#1 Post by busprof »

For those of you that like a "minimalist" desktop appearance, I have created a jwm theme to accompany the FlatStudio GTK theme available HERE. You will need to download and install the FlatStudio GTK2 theme. The FlatStudio GTK+ tar.gz contains GTK2, GTK3, Metacity and Unity themes. All you really need is the GTK2 version, so after downloading, unarchive and save the GTK2 folder into /usr/share/themes/FlatStudioGray (you will have to create a FlatStudioGray folder in the themes directory - sorry for pointing out the obvious).

You will also need the gtk2-engines-murrine package, which should be available through the Puppy Package Manager whether you are using Precise Puppy 5.7.1 (as I am) or one of the Slackware variants (as I have) :wink: This *may* be installed already - you can check by searching for "murrine" in PPM. If it's there, you'll see it with a green check-mark beside the package name.

I'm using a wallpaper called Velvet Noise, available HERE. The one I'm using is "velvet-noise-black.jpg." There are three or four others in the set (a blue one, a multicolored one, etc.). These go in /usr/share/backgrounds/ once you've unarchived the .zip.

I have a screenshot and a pet file below. This is my first go at creating a pet, so I'd be interested to hear whether it works for you (it does for me, but YMMV).

Here's how it looks on my machine-

Thanks
Attachments
flatstudiogray-1.pet
The Flatstudiogray jwm theme.
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 649 times

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hello, busprof.

hehe. Use when you get nostalgic about aewm... ;) Or when you want to confuse jwm
about its identity!

Still, thanks. I like "spartan" some times. And it's nicely done.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

busprof

#3 Post by busprof »

musher0 wrote: Still, thanks. I like "spartan" some times. And it's nicely done.
musher0
Thanks, musher0 - I have to admit I prefer the "spartan" look most of the time...although....