Dropbox Filemanager

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
mikeb

#61 Post by mikeb »

Hi Phil...well I never really leave lol.....

slavvo67

#62 Post by slavvo67 »

MikeB:

Great to see you back! I was just revising your Dropbox Filemanager last week. Not working in RUXerus 64. Is it for 386?

Slavvo67

technosaurus

#63 Post by technosaurus »

In case anyone wants to add features, the applicable dropbox API documentation is here
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

mikeb

#64 Post by mikeb »

Great to see you back! I was just revising your Dropbox Filemanager last week. Not working in RUXerus 64. Is it for 386?
Well its basically a gtkdialog front end to the excellent dropbox_uploader script so 64/32 bit should be irrelevant.
In case anyone wants to add features, the applicable dropbox API documentation is here
Indeed extra features would be nice as the new api has some available..eg moving files. Input is welcome on this subject.
Afterall it is a very 'puppy'like approach where the user gets control of what they want/need in a simple fast way.

mike

slavvo67

#65 Post by slavvo67 »

The GTK Icons aren't appearing for me so I guess that's why I thought it wasn't working. Anyway, it's working well except the icons, as mentioned...

s243a

#66 Post by s243a »

I'm giving this a try on fatdog 64. It must have to sync some stuff because I'm not able to open all the folders right away. I wonder how much storage space less it uses than a full sync.

Also note that that it doesn't show up in the fatdog64 menu.

I think this is due to the catagories given in:
/usr/share/applications

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=dropbox_gui
GenericName=
Icon=dropbox.png
MimeType=
Name=Dropbox GUI 0.3.0
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;FileManager;

mikeb

#67 Post by mikeb »

Hmmm categories seem to lack a standard it seems. I left the desktop file as it was in previous pets though that is going significantly back in the puppy timeline.

I noticed in the new script there is some hashing and/or handshaking going on for file verification...it may be why it seems a bit slower than the older version1 script. I will delve into its innards more at some point.

mike

fredx181

#68 Post by fredx181 »

Mikeb, Great application, many thanks !!

I discovered earlier 'dropbox_uploader.sh' and used it my own way, but couldn't imagine that it's possible to work with GUI interface like you made, stunning!! 8) :)

I made .deb package for Stretchdog, just made some changes in the script (hope you don't mind, just tell me if you do :))
See here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 124#976124
- replaced rxvt with xterm
- changed function from line 110 to:

remote_url () {
DIRS="$(dropbox_uploader.sh -k -f ~/.dropbox_uploader-"$PROFILE" list "$REMOTE_DIR" | grep "\[D\]" | awk '{ print $2 }')"

if [ "$(echo $DIRS | grep "$REMOTE")" ]; then    # directory
	URL=`dropbox_uploader.sh -k -f ~/.dropbox_uploader-"$PROFILE" share "$REMOTE_DIR/$REMOTE"`
else   # file
	URL=`dropbox_uploader.sh -k -f ~/.dropbox_uploader-"$PROFILE" share "$REMOTE_DIR/$REMOTE" | sed 's#www.dropbox.com#dl.dropboxusercontent.com#'`
fi

gxmessage "Use dl=1 for direct link to file and create a zip of folders...

Or: to add image, e.g. at murga-linux.com, remove the '?dl=0' at the end of URL

$URL

"
}
This change of URL including "dl.dropboxusercontent.com" is to make possible sharing directly (instead of going to dropbox website).
EDIT 5 december: Changed code above, shareURL different for directory/file (directory should contain "www.dropbox.com")

Here's mini-how-to with images to make it work:

- Run Dropbox Gui from Menu. Type a name at "Account". Click "New Profile" :

- A terminal will open:

- So, in your browser, go to (and login if required):

- Click Create App:

- Make your selections and type the desired name of your new app:

- Next screen: Click "Generate":

- Copy the generated access token:

- Paste in the terminal (opened at second step) and type y and press ENTER

Then authentication should be set and saved in ~/.dropbox_uploader-<account-name>
(in my case it became ~/.dropbox_uploader-fred)

EDIT: the generated access token above was just example of temporarily app I created, I directly removed that app afterwards.

Fred
Last edited by fredx181 on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 22:06, edited 3 times in total.

slavvo67

#69 Post by slavvo67 »

If you click the green arrow up on the Dropbox side, it seems to load the Dropbox files quicker. I think...

fredx181

#70 Post by fredx181 »

I noticed that "Share Url" gives a correct share link only around half of the times.
That's specially in case a shared link is created earlier already.

On line 1292 in dropbox_uploader.sh script, "function get_Share" (fallback if share link already created earlier), I modified it to make distinction between file and folder and to extract the correct url.

Attached dropbox_uploader.sh.tar.gz, extract and copy to /usr/bin (replacing /usr/bin/dropbox_uploader.sh) and links displayed by the "Share Url" button from Dropbox_GUI should be always correct.

Fred
Attachments
dropbox_uploader.sh.tar.gz
Extract and replace in /usr/bin
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

mikeb

#71 Post by mikeb »

Thanks for the how to fred.... making an app is simpler than the script makes it appear . After doing 5 at once (don't ask) it sort of just flows.
Note that the name of the app on dropbox is not critical so one can make something friendly.

As for the extra link options nice one... dl=1 was just a tip I picked up on the forum.
Was unaware of the unreliability of link making though I only ever used for direct file links.

I have to fiddle anyway due to older puppys problem with gxmessage...they used a non unicode substitute back then for some insane reason. One pet for all is a bit of a challenge generally.

mike

fredx181

#72 Post by fredx181 »

mikeb wrote:making an app is simpler than the script makes it appear . After doing 5 at once (don't ask) it sort of just flows.
I think you forgot to mention: talent and creativity :) (dual pane file-manager, with all options you could wish, who would have think of that :) , much better (and 1000 x smaller) than the official app provided by Dropbox)
Thanks again for your great application, it's just perfect for my way of using Dropbox !!

Fred

mikeb

#73 Post by mikeb »

:)

Well if we cannot help each other........

mike

Mike Walsh

#74 Post by Mike Walsh »

@mikeb:-

Hey, Mike; it's great to see ya back..! :D You had us all quite worried a while ago...

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=105324

(Is this just a brief sojourn, or can we look forward to your scintillating wit & 'off-the-cuff' repartee for the forseeable future? :lol: )

I do hope so.

Mike to Mike. :wink:

mikeb

#75 Post by mikeb »

Ok quick fix time update to 0.3.1. on first post. Behaviour was unpredictable before a profile is created.

mike

Galbi

#76 Post by Galbi »

Mike Walsh wrote:@mikeb:-

Hey, Mike; it's great to see ya back..! :D
+1
:D
Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

fredx181

#77 Post by fredx181 »

Hi mikeb, I shamelessly took your GUI concept (and thanks again !!) for Google-drive Filemanager , still friends hopefully ? :)

Fred

mikeb

#78 Post by mikeb »

I noticed and that's why I do what I do..... take the butter of good ideas and hopefully see them spread on the bread of life.

mike

fredx181

#79 Post by fredx181 »

mikeb wrote:I noticed and that's why I do what I do..... take the butter of good ideas and hopefully see them spread on the bread of life.

mike
:)

Cannot open folder at the dropbox side when name contains spaces, easy fix, change in function "remote_change_dir" to:

if [ "`grep 'directory|'$REMOTE /tmp/dbox-remote`" ];then
(surround by double quotes)

Fred

mikeb

#80 Post by mikeb »

Ah ha....the joy of spaces and linux.
Thank you for picking that up.
Seems my wording in help needs sorting too...eg 'get link' rather than 'share'.

Will be another update it seems :)

mike