Dropbox Filemanager

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
mikeb

#91 Post by mikeb »

Installed the 0.3.2 pet and icons, share url, names w/ spaces all working fine. Thanks again Mike!
Thank you :)

Fred reminded me about some script changes that solve the share link problem.... hopefully I will merge the fix and post another pet.... I do aim to make something that does not need altering so much but a lot of feedback does help refine the software :)

Mike

mikeb

#92 Post by mikeb »

Ok 0.3.3 uploaded.

Called it BETA as there have been several changes but if it proves ok will keep as is.

Mainly due to merging fred's improvements and fixes...see first post for details.

Enjoy

mike

mfb

#93 Post by mfb »

Hi mikeb,

Version 0.3.3 works very well here and it's a pleasure to use it.

Thank you.

mikeb

#94 Post by mikeb »

Pleasures all mine :)

Thanks for the feedback.

I also find at the moment the web interface with firefox looks like it will download files but nothing appears on disk....... my motivation was the ever changing state of their online access and the system demands and limited flexibility of their application. I hate constantly moved goalposts....

Mike

mikeb

#95 Post by mikeb »

Update 0.4.0.
Ok Fred discovered that gtkdialog 4 has multiple file select option so this releases uses that. If only gtkdialog3 is available then it simply ignores the option. I did build gtkdialog4 to work on puppy 4. Have left the yad variant too.

It does keep everything simple this way...honest.

mike

fredx181

#96 Post by fredx181 »

Hi mikeb and everyone,

Dropbox-gui still works for anyone ?
Maybe it has to do with the OS I'm using, but recently it stopped working for me, so searched for a fix and found this commit:
https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbo ... 1d42a617c3

I manually edited dropbox_uploader.sh according to these changes and now for me it works again :)
See attached, unpack and replace dropbox_uploader.sh in /usr/bin

EDIT: After some further testing it appears that dropbox-gui works well in older puppies, e.g. Tahr or Xenial, but for newer puppies e.g. Stretch, Bionic, replacing dropbox_uploader.sh with the one attached is required.

Fred
Attachments
dropbox_uploader.sh.tar.gz
unpack and replace dropbox_uploader.sh in /usr/bin
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Last edited by fredx181 on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

mikeb

#97 Post by mikeb »

Hmm I did use it two days ago to upload a bunch of files.
Though the multiple select did not work (spaces in names??? one I will look into) I did upload with another method.
Thanks for chasing this up...I suspect it may affect certain files since dropbox have changed their methods a few times now.

cheers

Mike

Semme

#98 Post by Semme »

Fred, I'm having a small issue with the updated script.

With the app open, hitting either "New Profile" or "Rescan" generates this response:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/dropbox_uploader.sh: line 1105: 
Error: Couldn't resolve host.: No such file or directory
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

fredx181

#99 Post by fredx181 »

@mikeb

After testing on several puppies it appears to me that the problem (no display of remote files and folders) is only on newer puppies, e.g. Stretch, Bionic.
On e.g. Tahr it works ok.
And replacing with new dropbox_uploader.sh works for me on both old and new puppies.
Don't know what's the cause, maybe because of different curl version or that combined with changes they made for Dropbox itself.

@Semme, I cannot reproduce that error, on which Puppy you tested ?
And does the old one work OK for you ?

Fred

Semme

#100 Post by Semme »

Xenial 7.5/32b, Fred. Haven't used it recently but it worked fine a few months back.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

fredx181

#101 Post by fredx181 »

Semme wrote:Xenial 7.5/32b, Fred. Haven't used it recently but it worked fine a few months back.
Thanks Semme, I tried on Xenial 7.5 by installing the pet from mikeb and it works ok without replacing dropbox_uploader.sh with the one I updated.
So it looks to me that on any newer Puppy version than Xenial, dropbox-gui doesn't work, but can be fixed with the above attached dropbox_uploader.sh
(btw, on Xenial 7.5, tried replacing dropbox_uploader.sh with the newer and still works ok, so... strange that you got that error you mentioned above)

@mikeb, this should support filenames with spaces:

Code: Select all

add_selection () { 
	[ ! -f "$HOME/.dropbox_uploader-$PROFILE" ]&& return
	[ $BUTTON = 3 -a ! -h "$DIR/$CHOOSER" ]|| return #symlinks upset uploader...folders now handled...

[ ! "$CHOOSER" ]&& return #otherwise loads folder!
#		rxvt -rv --geometry 80x10 -e dropbox_uploader.sh -k -p -f ~/.dropbox_uploader-"$PROFILE" upload $(while read -r line; do echo $DIR/$line; done <<< "$CHOOSER") "$REMOTE_DIR"

# fredx181, handle spaces in filenames
	in_term2 () {
		while read -r I; do
		dropbox_uploader.sh -k -p -f ~/.dropbox_uploader-"$PROFILE" upload "$DIR/$I" "$REMOTE_DIR/$I"
		done <<< "$CHOOSER"
		sleep 2
		}
	export -f in_term2
	rxvt -rv -geometry 80x10 -e bash -c in_term2
			build_remote_list
}
Fred

Semme

#102 Post by Semme »

All good Fred. Your updated script works a treat.

I did however have to clean out a few stale profile related items in ~/ before she synced.

I'm certain this was the hold-up.

==

8) Great (dev) method, Mike. Thank you for providing this pkg.

mikeb

#103 Post by mikeb »

Ah great fred. I will diff the new script and as you believe its probably curl.
And also thanks for the multiple file fix....I always get caught out with spaces in names :oops:

I will add these fixes and upload a new version when I get the chance.

Nice detective work,

mike
Last edited by mikeb on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

fredx181

#104 Post by fredx181 »

mikeb wrote:Ah great fred. I will diff the new script and like you its probably curl.
And also thanks for the multiple file fix....I always get caught out with spaces in names :oops:

I will add these fixes and upload a new version when I get the change.

Nice detective work,

mike
Glad to help Mike !
As a coincidence my Google-drive Filemanager program stopped working also, was able to fix it (but wasn't so easy :wink: )
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 85#1022085

Best regards, Fred

mikeb

#105 Post by mikeb »

Yes both fixes work just fine. Looks like a newer system affects the response file as that is the only change.
Shame to have to use such a clunky way to build the command line but as you must have found a simpler way is not possible.

Cheers

mike

fredx181

#106 Post by fredx181 »

Hi mikeb, any reason for not updating dropbox-gui with my latest proposed improvements ?

Fred

mikeb

#107 Post by mikeb »

Hi fred

I did I think a while ago but forgot to announce at the end of this thread :oops: ... assuming we are talking about the needed script update for curl and the fix for name spaces.

If its something else let me know.... my befuddled brain is a bit distracted at the moment.

mike

fredx181

#108 Post by fredx181 »

mikeb wrote:Hi fred

I did I think a while ago but forgot to announce at the end of this thread :oops: ... assuming we are talking about the needed script update for curl and the fix for name spaces.

If its something else let me know.... my befuddled brain is a bit distracted at the moment.

mike
Ah, sorry Mike, I assumed that you'd announce it and I forgot to look at first post. :oops:

Fred

mikeb

#109 Post by mikeb »

Worry not... at least I am not going mad in spite of pressure to do so :D

mike

Jake Grey

#110 Post by Jake Grey »

Hi. Slightly embarrassing problem here. I managed to get your program installed, but when I get to the part where I'm supposed to input the access token, I can't copy and paste it: Ctrl+V and Ctrl+Shift+V just make a ^ symbol appear.

The obvious workaround would seem to be running "dropbox_uploader.sh" in LXTerminal, but I have no idea where to find it in /root.