PuppyDVR

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
gcmartin

PuppyDVR

#1 Post by gcmartin »

I have been wondering, recently, about a home system that almost everyone in Puppyland would have a need for. Many in the world, today, have a TV.

@ETP tooks a "giant" step when he created his DLNA series of PUPs from @BarryK's solutions. This solution works VERY nicely allow us to stream local multimedia content to an DLNA TV/device in the home. Thus music/video/photo content created and stored could be access on our home TVs that are DLNA capable.

This is one Puppy Linux home solution that every TV owner can identify with. What makes this so special is that the user does NOT install anything to accomplish the objective he has presented. Thus, one goes straight to using it in the home.

This is one of several PUPs which were designed to allow the user to become productive for a home use without PPM needs or product/subsystem installation steps.

Because, like many of you, I find any Puppy solution that proves useful in our homes, a huge example of technology use for our benefit, I have wondered about a Puppy distro that could create and in-home content capture and streamer for multimedia. Advances in Puppy Linux have advanced to a point where most every PUP distro, now, is built to enable cabled connection to your smartPhone/smartTablet/smartDevices. Further, some PUPs have/are taken steps for blue-tooth ease of use via the PUP menu subsystem.

Puppy, as a General distribution system, has all the makings to fabricate a PUP for almost every conceivable purpose one can think. Under the banner of the "Internet of Things" (IoT) we are consistently seeing boxes being sold that can do nothing more than what PUPPY Linux is good at.

That being said, for those who have a PC at home and a DLNA/smart TV here is one image of a PUP solution that I feel most everyone in this forum would use, IFF IT WERE AVAILABLE.
This solution captures and manages content for the home. It needs a recipe.

Does something that does this already exist in Puppyland? If not, it needs a solution and a recipe.
Last edited by gcmartin on Wed 18 May 2016, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

Listing of PUPs which do this

#2 Post by gcmartin »

Future1

gcmartin

Recipe 1

#3 Post by gcmartin »

Reserved for future
Last edited by gcmartin on Wed 18 May 2016, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

Recipe 2

#4 Post by gcmartin »

Reserved for future