Seamonkey2.25-en_US-w5.pet

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Semme

#31 Post by Semme »

So that we're on the same page.. we're discussing 2.23, correct?

Didn't this pet create a ~/.mozilla/seamonkey folder?

This would've happened during the first run..

PS - This pet doesn't work on 5.1.2.

Throwing a bus error, I re-extracted the latest build.

Still, you have two questions here.

nubc

#32 Post by nubc »

My bad. Yes, the SM2.23 PET does create a Seamonkey folder.

1 Go to ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/xyzxyzxy.default to create new folder, chrome

2 Open new chrome folder to create new file, userChrome.css

3 Open new userChrome.css file to paste your code:

Code: Select all

menuitem[label="Browser Tab"] {
    visibility: collapse !important;
}  
4 What now? [This code hides 'Browser Tab' so that 'Browser Window' is at the top of the menu list.]
Thanks, Semme
Last edited by nubc on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 05:16, edited 6 times in total.

Semme

#33 Post by Semme »

That would be >> userChrome.css

All this does <as stated in a previous post> is *hide* your "Browser Tab" selection.

If you need more than this, you'll have to wait for someone who knows how to code it, cause I don't, @ least, not yet.

But, if you don't use that item >> who cares.

The selection you want becomes the first.

nubc

#34 Post by nubc »

Actually, so rarely do I call 'Browser Tab' from this menu, it would be an instance where I learn to use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + T). I don't really like multiple browser tabs because I get the impression they slow things down. Browser tabs obscure what's actually running as represented on the taskbar.

Too bad that Chromedit is no longer available as a Firefox/Seamonkey extension. Instead we get this version, ChromEdit Plus, from out in the wild:
http://webdesigns.ms11.net/chromeditp.html

Semme

#35 Post by Semme »

Agreed.. I like to see reference to what's open in the taskbar as well.

D̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶w̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶?̶

Nevermind, I :wink: see the edit. Good.

*Update: I came across this fella that suggested using this below in-place of the *display* option..

Code: Select all

menuitem[label="Browser Tab"] { 
    visibility: collapse !important; 
}
Sounds preferable and supplies the same effect.
Attachments
adjust-your-pasted-input.jpg
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 632 times

nubc

#36 Post by nubc »

I don't wanna seem like a whiner, but this Seamonkey [watchdog's SM2.23] upgraded itself to 2.24 without my consent, and I have problems with the newer version. For one thing, there is no indication that a browser action (Back, Forward, etc) is in progress. (There is a spinning indicator for multiple tabs, but not for a single instance of SM. There is a progress bar on the task bar near sys tray, but it appears only if and when there is a working internet connection and progress is being made.) Today, my internet connection was poor, and without a progress bar or spinning animation, I couldn't tell if anything was happening. In other versions, I have watched the status of the Stop sign, red or grayed out, but this doesn't seem valid in SM 2.24. I guess I can hope that Seamonkey upgrades itself again soon because I can't believe this was an acceptable change.
Last edited by nubc on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#37 Post by Semme »

Stop sign colors are part of the *default* theme.

If the issue persists with twenty-five, disable auto-update and drop back to the original dwnld.

nubc

#38 Post by nubc »

The dread audio/flash crash has returned with SM2.25, but at least it doesn't happen every 4 hours like clockwork. More like 24+ hours, as far as I can tell. Hopefully, the crash is circumstantial or sporadic rather than routine and habitual.

When I click a file, I expect there to be an ephemeral square outline to appear around the icon to indicate the action, but with this version, SM2.25, nothing indicates that an action has occurred.

Semme

#39 Post by Semme »

I get the outline. Still, how folks can run such a heavy browser is beyond me..

nubc

#40 Post by nubc »

How come I don't see the outline? You think if I upgrade gtkdialog I will see the outline? Semme, are you saying you think Seamonkey is too heavy? What do you use? I don't wanna even go on the net if I can't run Adblock to screen out the junk.

Semme

#41 Post by Semme »

I don't know. I'm pretty sure I had it on W512 before removing my test save.

Is there an updated pkg for Gtkdialog? There appears to be (noted).

Maybe >> you play guinea pig? :wink:

Seamonkey and FF I find too heavy for quick browsing..

I favor Opera.. using the others on occasion.

Is this the Adblock you're referring to?
Attachments
supported.jpg
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 434 times

mini-jaguar

#42 Post by mini-jaguar »

This thing is awesome, works on whatever Puppy I try it on: 4.3.2, latest Slacko, Exprimo, Precise, whatever. Had no problems. It installs alongside older versions of SeaMonkey.

watchdog

#43 Post by watchdog »

mini-jaguar wrote:This thing is awesome, works on whatever Puppy I try it on: 4.3.2, latest Slacko, Exprimo, Precise, whatever. Had no problems. It installs alongside older versions of SeaMonkey.
But you have to pay attention to not use the same seamonkey profile in /root/.mozilla for either the built-in seamonkey or this pet. This package will not be updated on new releases of seamonkey. I suggest to use portable seamonkey:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=92015:

nubc

#44 Post by nubc »

Really annoying: My bookmarks comprise more than one page, and must be scrolled to find a bookmark. If I have to scroll more than the first page, my bookmarks go into this uncontrollable auto-scroll mode, in both directions, up and down, making it impossible to click to select a particular bookmark. This happens 8 out of 10 times I use my bookmarks, so I have to close and re-open bookmarks many times in order to get a stable instance of bookmarks. There are some tricks and workarounds that sometimes work, but this is a constant annoyance since I use my bookmarks for surfing.
Last edited by nubc on Thu 08 May 2014, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

watchdog

#45 Post by watchdog »

You can better organize bookmarks in dirs and subdirs...

Facan

seamonkey-2.0.6-w5.pet looking for

#46 Post by Facan »

Hello,

I don't know whether is the a suitable topic, but has anybody got seamonkey-2.0.6-w5.pet package? I've looking for this version for an older comp (newer ones scrolling speed much slower on old machines), but all of the links i found for it is dead (maybe 2.0.7-w5 is good enough too).
So if somebody has got and could make it downlodable it would be great.

Thanks

watchdog

#47 Post by watchdog »

I suggest to use portable seamonkey where you can choose the mozilla official release to install (not compiled: the original binaries):

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=92015

Untick the updates in preferences.

Edit: you can separatedly download seamonkey 2.0.6 from:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/s ... .6.tar.bz2

and use the download with shino's portable seamonkey.

darkcity

#48 Post by darkcity »

Works on Slacko 5.3.1, thanks ; -)

bruno

#49 Post by bruno »

I'm using Upup Raring 3.9.9.2 which has for some reason a Seamonkey that is not updating, so I replaced it with this one but when I try to update it, it sais something like: "something is trying to download an insecure semonkey version, please contact your network administrator and seek help".
I tried the portable version before, but that is too complicated for me to install.
How can i get an updateble Seamonkey pet?

bruno

updating seamonkey

#50 Post by bruno »

Or maybe there is something I can change in the settings so that it doesn't seem "insecure" any more?