Simple GtkDialog gui... How To Do.?

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
goingnuts

#16 Post by goingnuts »

sunburnt: GtkDialog1-1.3 will add directly to list without duplicates - run "examples/fselect2list_test" to test.

john biles

#17 Post by john biles »

Hello sunburnt,
How can anyone focus on your GUI with a wallpaper like that. Any other interesting wallpapers you'd like to share. LOL!
Attachments
WallPapersSelector_Burke_01.png
(160.42 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

8-bit

#18 Post by 8-bit »

goingnuts wrote:sunburnt: GtkDialog1-1.3 will add directly to list without duplicates - run "examples/fselect2list_test" to test.
The problem with this is that the version of gtkdialog you reference is a group remake of gtkdialog that will not work with a lot of Puppy gtk scripts and until all of this is worked out with the version you reference included in most Puppys by default, one would end up with an application that required a specific version.
I remember the rewrites of scripts to comply with the latest version of gtkdialog by thunor.

And correct me if I am wrong. Gtkdialog 1-1.3 you refer to is a work/rewrite in progress.

goingnuts

#19 Post by goingnuts »

I consider GtkDialog1-1.3 finished. I just suggest a solution - could even be just for inspiration of how it was done. Btw. several standard puppy holds more than 1 version of gtkdialog - so that can be handled too.

sunburnt

#20 Post by sunburnt »

My only use ( and most folks ) for GtkDialog is Puppy compatibility.
This is what keeps me from using BaCon and HUG, it has to be compiled for each variant.

A common GtkDialog for all Puppies is the only thing that gives it value.