GSview & antialias

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Romain

GSview & antialias

#1 Post by Romain »

Dear Barry,

is it possible to obtain antialiased fonts with GSview ? The option is absent from the menus. Moreover, some words are absent from the menus in some languages (e.g. french). Can this bug be corrected ?

Thank you.

Romain.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Um that's odd, I recall seeing the fonts in Gsview window do display anti-aliased. It may depend on what font...

Puppy is English only, despite the selection window that Gsview pops up.
I need to figure out how to get it to not do that.

#3 Post by Guest »

BarryK wrote:Um that's odd, I recall seeing the fonts in Gsview window do display anti-aliased. It may depend on what font...

Puppy is English only, despite the selection window that Gsview pops up.
I need to figure out how to get it to not do that.
Dear Barry,

this is only a difference of treatment by GSview between .ps files and .pdf files : the same LaTeX file can be compiled with *latex* and then *dvips* to make the .ps file, or directly with *pdflatex* to make the .pdf file. The latter apears with antialiased fonts whereas the postscript file does not. This is not a bug, but I remember that GV proposed an option to display antialiased fonts.

Is it possible to access to fhe text displayed in the menus of GSview to fill the gaps in order to have a fully french version ?

Best regards.

Romain

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

You should find what you want, just download the source tarball for Gsview 4.5.

But, I just looked at it, something odd. There are folders named ct, de, en, es, gr, it, nl, ru, se, sk, but no "fr".