Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 25 Nov 2014, 23:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
gphotofs to make camera appear as memory stick
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
mikeb

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jan 2014, 11:25    Post_subject:  

gphotofs was introduced around puppy 4 time.... it has always autodetected the camera type as far as I remember.

At the time gtkam was used as a very unstable gui for it.....so the change has been with the gui not gtphotofs...that has simply been updated over time.

Quote:
But, if you want to use an ancient version of Puppy that lacks so many good features, and you want to reinvent the wheel, that is your choice.

He might do a better job of it...who knows...others have.....and many would argue with the quality and longevity of Lucid which is still being supported by dedicated people. Don't think there is any need to be rude when someone is being enthusiastic really....

mike
Moose On The Loose

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jan 2014, 11:29    Post_subject:  

Flash wrote:
FWIW, I repair digital cameras for a living and I never connect a camera to a computer to read the memory card. It's too much trouble to have to install and configure the proprietary software for every different make and model of camera, and keep everything updated for new cameras and firmware upgrades, etc.. Of course, I'm only testing cameras when I take pictures, so I always take jpeg pictures, which any computer can open and display. Then all I have to do is remove the memory card from the camera and plug it into a universal card reader that I always leave connected to the computer.

Many years back, I ran SuSE and did the download from my camera all the time. I since have bought a card reader. However not all digital cameras have removable memory cards. The ones worth repairing instead of buying a new one all do but some very cheap ones don't.

On SuSE, the camera interface was one RPM and it did a great many camera models. Setup took basically no time at all.
slavvo67

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jan 2014, 18:23    Post_subject: Tablets?  

It would be nice if there was an application that did the same when connecting a tablets. Specific for me would be the Kindle Fire HD. Is there anything in the puppy world for this?
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum