Maxthon browser for Linux v0.9.0.21Beta Released

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Kicalaf

#31 Post by Kicalaf »

Please Oscar,

could you send me the detail instructions how to compile maxthon browser, like you did? Is there any detailed instructions posted, about compiling?

Now, there is new Maxthon for Linux V1.0.4.0 Beta since yesterday and I am feeling very guilty asking you to make .pet files always.

http://www.maxthon.com/blog/maxthon-clo ... c-manager/

I would to learn to do it by my self.

Thanks in advance ;)

OscarTalks

#32 Post by OscarTalks »

Hello Kicalaf,

I don't compile it from source, I just repack it as .pet and .sfs. I take the .deb or the tarball and extract it, check the ownerships and permissions (the .deb is usually all fine in this respect), edit the wrapper script to specify the data config directory and allow outdated plugins. I then add things like a launcher script in /usr/bin and a .desktop file.

In addition to the usual libgconf2 this latest Maxthon also needs libgtkhotkey1 so I added the current stable Debian one and it starts in Slacko 5.6.0 I haven't had time to test it though. Take all the usual precautions if you are going to install it.
I hope you are able to download from here:-
https://copy.com/enJKDXt36R93
Oscar in England

Kicalaf

Thanks

#33 Post by Kicalaf »

Thanks very much Oscar for these instructions.

I'll try that definitely for figure out.

And also thanks for the forth beta pet release ;)

Pelo

bookmarked for translation.

#34 Post by Pelo »

bookmarked for translation.
Mathon is one the ive browsers offered bu Triton Mate, well kown derivative of precise for use by people only French speaking . Version sfs not good.i will study how to solve it, browsing the forum. Maxthon is it worth the pain, i don't know.. I will feed back to petihar, the dev.
I check the topic, for a pet or SFS..
Dead links, look on other topic... :? abandon. No Maxthon for Triton, unless Petihar informs about how to do.. postponed project.
Attachments
tritonnav.jpg
Choose your browser . Maxthon refused Triton.
(15.17 KiB) Downloaded 372 times