MS-DOS batch files

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

MS-DOS batch files

#1 Post by nic007 »

I have a DOS batch file used to run a specific windows program (doing a specific function). I also run this program via WINE on Puppy and would like to know if it will be possible to use a script similar to that of the DOS batch script. Attached the batch file I use in Windows.
Attachments
multiconvert.zip
(256 Bytes) Downloaded 114 times

01micko

#2 Post by 01micko »

Batch files are just scripts. They are to windows what shell scripts are to linux (disclaimer: broad analogy :D with accompanying broad grin).

I dunno what ttscmd.exe is or does but if you use wine you could probably write a shell script to do something similar. Is there a similar program availale natively? That would be a better option.

Maybe something like...

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
for i in "path/to/the/Documents/*.txt" ;do #forward slashes, # = REM
wine "ttscmd.exe /ttm "$i" -s 162 -w 128 -r 16 -b 16 -q 7"
done
Some wine user will come up with the correct script sooner or later. But that should be enough to give you the gist of things.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

nic007

#3 Post by nic007 »

01micko wrote:Batch files are just scripts. They are to windows what shell scripts are to linux (disclaimer: broad analogy :D with accompanying broad grin).

I dunno what ttscmd.exe is or does but if you use wine you could probably write a shell script to do something similar. Is there a similar program availale natively? That would be a better option.

Maybe something like...

#!/bin/bash
done
Some wine user will come up with the correct script sooner or later. But that should be enough to give you the gist of things.
Thanks for the feedback.. Ttscmd.exe is the text to speech command-line application for 2nd Speech Center (a text to speech program)and the other part of the script the parameters of the MP3 output files. The executable and the documents directory are in the same location on my windows partition.

Moose On The Loose

#4 Post by Moose On The Loose »

nic007 wrote:
01micko wrote:Batch files are just scripts. They are to windows what shell scripts are to linux (disclaimer: broad analogy :D with accompanying broad grin).

Maybe something like...

#!/bin/bash
done
Thanks for the feedback.. Ttscmd.exe is the text to speech command-line application for 2nd Speech Center (a text to speech program)and the other part of the script the parameters of the MP3 output files. The executable and the documents directory are in the same location on my windows partition.
There is a pet for espeak. You may want to look into that. It may give you a Linux native way to do what you need.

nic007

#5 Post by nic007 »

Moose On The Loose wrote:
nic007 wrote:

Maybe something like...

#!/bin/bash
done
There is a pet for espeak. You may want to look into that. It may give you a Linux native way to do what you need.
Thanks but 2nd Speech Center is by far the best text to speech program I have ever used and works perfectly with WINE. The desired result can easily be achieved by running the program with it's normal GUI and the only reason for wanting to use the command-line in some instances is for faster conversion to the MP3 format by changing the quality setting of the MP3 output file (this can not be done in GUI mode because it's fixed by default).. I think the default setting is 5 but changing this to 7 or higher via command-line input makes the conversion rate almost twice as fast. Makes quite a difference if one wants to do many conversions.