DVDStyler 1.7.3 - authoring system for video DVD production

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Patriot

DVDStyler 1.7.3 - authoring system for video DVD production

#1 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

I'm not keen on wxWidgets but someone seems to want DVDStyler badly (you know who you are ...) :)

This took a bit of time to whack it into shape. To use DVDStyler, the wxWidgets and wxsvg library is required. Further to that, a recent version of ffmpeg >= 0.4.9 svn is also needed.

If you intend to use this, head over here and install ffmpeg 0.5 stable release and optionally xine-lib 1.16.3 (a must if you use xine lib related apps, ex: gxine).

Software List

1. DVDStyler 1.7.3 pet (1.3MB)
[download]
Description:
DVDStyler 1.7.3 binary in pet form. Comes with everything except
documentation.

2. wxsvg 1.0 library pet (680KB)
[download]
Description:
wxSVG library 1.0. Comes with binary, headers, libs, docs, etc, etc.

3. wxWidgets 2.8.10 library [GTK only] (3.7MB)
[download]
Description:
wxWidgets library 2.8.10. Comes with binary, headers, libs, docs, etc, etc.

Final note:
This is a once-in-a-blue-moon effort and probably will not be maintained. It looks interesting but I rarely have a need for this. This set of software (DVDStyler, wxsvg & wxWidgets) is fresh out of the oven. I have tried to ensure that all mandatory dependencies are met but they are not tested any further than the opening screen.

Screenshot:

Fullscreen:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3536/dvdstyler.png

Rgds

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

I'm not keen on wxWidgets
Yes, it's a real pain... binaries are only compatible with a wx built with the same options as the wx they were compiled against.

I did actually rebuild dvdstyler already - just hadn't got around to throwing the help files in from another distro's package (I'm guessing they work, and xmlto is only needed to create them), and posting a .pet :)
I'll still post my version, as the wxgtk version is almost certainly incompatible. Is your wxgtk the same as used by any other packages? Built with the default options, or what?
I have tried to ensure that all mandatory dependencies are met but they are not tested any further than the opening screen.
I think to really use it you need mjpegtools, which can be found on the forum somewhere.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

BTW, thanks for making the effort :D

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Patriot

#4 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

disciple wrote:
..... xmlto is only needed to create them
..... Is your wxgtk the same as used by any other packages? Built with the default options, or what?
..... I think to really use it you need mjpegtools, which can be found on the forum somewhere.
1. Yes, xmlto is needed for the docs conversion but I whacked-in a bypass.
2. WxWidget-gtk is built with default options as per WxWidget readme : ../configure --prefix=/usr --with-gtk ... which seems sane enough to me ...
3. Was curious with the mentioned mjpegtools, so I made a quick dvdstyler test run. Dvdstyler uses xine-ui as default viewer but I used gxine (can be changed in the core options page) instead and it works fine. Made a small dvd.iso and dvdstyler seems to be working fine ... I dunno, my dvd drive borked months ago and since my cdrw still runs fine, I've no plans of getting a new one ...

Everything (related) above was built on puppy 4.12 ... (including xine-ui but not posted).

Rgds

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

2. WxWidget-gtk is built with default options as per WxWidget readme : ../configure --prefix=/usr --with-gtk ... which seems sane enough to me ...
It probably is sane :)
Wxgtk programs only work with a wxgtk compiled with the same unicode and 2.4 and 2.6 compatibility mode etc. options as the wxgtk they were compiled against. I happen to package against a Fedora compatible wxgtk, because I couldn't get the previous version of Hugin to compile on Puppy, so I used a Fedora package. Fedora's options don't seem very sane to me... but I'm no expert.

Did you put a menu on that test DVD image? I suspect that is what mjpegtools is for... but maybe I compiled it in as an extra optional dependency. I just saw messages about it being missing when I tested dvdstyler in a clean Puppy install.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Patriot

#6 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
disciple wrote:..... I couldn't get the previous version of Hugin to compile on Puppy, so I used a Fedora package. Fedora's options don't seem very sane to me... but I'm no expert.
Whoaaa ... (Hugin is) another WxStuffs dependent app (plus boost and etc etc) but it sure is one nifty piece of work ... and I'm more a lamer than an expert ...
disciple wrote:Did you put a menu on that test DVD image? .....
Yes I did. A main menu linked to a sub-menu (with a return link) and both menus linked to a short clip. Preview done in gxine seems to work fine ...

A quick dependency check shows no mjpegtools there. Doesn't matter I guess since it worked without much fuss so far ...

Rgds

darkcity

#7 Post by darkcity »

nice work 8)

Just tested this on Slacko 5.3.1
# dvdstyler
dvdstyler: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
any tips on the best place to get the lib?

backi

#8 Post by backi »

Hi !

Have uploaded DVDSTYLER on Mediafire .Works on Dpupexprimo ..maybe on others too .

Pet file
http://www.mediafire.com/?jkjc4rydfukc1am

Sfs File

http://www.mediafire.com/?b289jj79a7gy2y8

darkcity

#9 Post by darkcity »

great stuff, i can't access file at mo-
This file is currently set to private.

backi

#10 Post by backi »

HI darkcity

I changed the files to public .try again

I am new to this filehoster stuff ...gimme one more chance ...

Pelo

DVD styler fine with Lucid 528JP (Moeppy)

#11 Post by Pelo »

DVD styler fine with Lucid 528JP (Moeppy)
Added ffmpeg too.