Quirky multisession

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Ted Dog

#31 Post by Ted Dog »

lol finally found that code sample I knew I had done something like this before.... in 2005 Christmas Day no less. Its far older than expected. But fun I got pizza105 murga105 graphpup101 GEEXBOX on one bootible dvd and its multisession...
hope to locate the burn script... and grub methods boot tools..

would you know it was the second to last.disc on the spindle. Only a windows driver disc remains and it would not have the code to try this.

Also never found my quirky download but it looks as if a new version is coming soon.

Ted Dog

#32 Post by Ted Dog »

BK is getting real close to where I was going codewise. With the proposed for cloning install or first stage sfs file, he talked about maybe he will just finish almost all the code needed to make this possible and more. Multisession code still exists in the latest versions but calling program wrappers where removed.
looking at bind mounting sfs like was done In the early pre layered days. I hope he is going for a small intrd for recovery. Currently small number of files come from existing install to perform a recovery action. But that still requires a seemingly good filesystem.
I am reviewing his recovery code with an eye to bolt on a run in RAM and his backup sfs as tbe path to a form of multisession. I will be using audit folder like we did for archive. :wink: . Unsure about the home folder treatment in Tahr

mikeb

#33 Post by mikeb »

I am sure it will all be wonderful :)

mike