Slacko64 - 64 bit Puppy - 6 Feb 2014

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Ted Dog

Re: Slacko64 - 64 bit Puppy - 15 Jan 2014

#61 Post by Ted Dog »

Jades wrote:
01micko wrote:
Jades wrote:Would you believe, it turns out that the Pentium D is actually a 64-Bit processor! Seems happy enough running Win 7 Pro 64-Bit so I might as well give Slacko64 a shot.
Wait a day or so... the next is almost due .. :wink:
If this was Mission4Today and you were talking about the next IL-2 patch, the release date is always "In two weeks." :wink:
Lol sounded like my time with gov work... When did the contract say it was done, well it will be done then, ...... or not I can't predict the future. :roll:

don570

#62 Post by don570 »

I put together a 64 bit mtpaint pet package
that I compiiled in fatdog 630.

Could someone check if it works in Slacko64?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81136

01micko

#63 Post by 01micko »

don570 wrote:I put together a 64 bit mtpaint pet package
that I compiiled in fatdog 630.

Could someone check if it works in Slacko64?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81136

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway.. delays have been in the build system. I have been trying to get slacko64 to manifest itself :lol: .. well not quite but I have just successfully built it within itself. That's part of the woof goal.

2 weeks? Nah..
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

NickAu

#64 Post by NickAu »

Finally got the Hp with ati raedon running I had to install puppy to usb on another pc then boot the the pc from usb select the vesa option save file to the usb then boot the laptop from usb and it seems to have worked.

playdayz

#65 Post by playdayz »

Closing the lid does not give any effect.
Chiron, acpid is not in /root/Startup probably because this is early alpha.

I tested on my nasty ex-windows 8 laptop since that is newer kit. Set up the Intel 4000 video perfectly. alx.ko found the Ethernet port. mtpaint Help is not present. Sound worked. Would like to see a menu entry for alsamixer-gui since it was necessary to optimize audio levels.

chiron²

#66 Post by chiron² »

jamesbond wrote:
chiron wrote:But when I tried to enter static IP in classic network wizard
Missing binaries. Download the attached file, then do "tar -xf bins.tar.gz -C /" and you should be good (I think).
Thanks, but it did not do the trick. Still have the same problem with static IP.

futwerk

#67 Post by futwerk »

a few backgrounds.
Attachments
slackojv22.jpg
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x4v77bi1p58ox/puppy2013
(28.47 KiB) Downloaded 1007 times
slackoal28,2.jpg
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x4v77bi1p58ox/puppy2013
(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 980 times

Ghost Dog

#68 Post by Ghost Dog »

Will the new version have uefi support?

If not, can someone please help 01micko implement it?
The Way of the Samurai

gcmartin

#69 Post by gcmartin »

Ghost Dog wrote: ... If not, can someone please help 01micko implement it?
I think @Iguleder is helping as he posts directly to the Slacko64 webpage. ... I think.

And also, there is this...an alternate method yielding 2 64bit PUPs by substituting Slacko64 for Slacko32

Hope this helps

Ted Dog

#70 Post by Ted Dog »

no love on my ati amd based acer. run fd64 ok. will try on Nvidia based 64 machine and try a save session of vesa setup like another person posted as work around.. :x
I got a data warning from my phone company and a week left till reset. sad to see a broken X after all I did to down load this.
Thanks to the delta guys and MTP pets that made this happen without having.to use my windows8 software dongle.
Good to see it booted and loaded sfs using the bluRay settings ( rebuilt as stuffed iso ) :wink:

Ted Dog

#71 Post by Ted Dog »

ok a bit better on Nvidia based 64bit machine. no keyboard and no cd icon was problematic. could not get to vesa settings. But worst of all Ace of Penguins card games (64bit pet ) did not work until I moved the libs from usr/lib to usr/lib64. there are a bunch of other stuff under /usr/lib do those also fail? :oops:

save to cd dvd bluray works and on second reboot the keyboard was active... now I will try again to see if my card game fix stays fixed. was able to use MTP to get cd icon pet posted earlier by downloading with android on my phone.

grump

#72 Post by grump »

I've run Slacko64 on my HP Laptop a couple of times from a live CD just to see what happens. In another post I wrote:
Firstly I have Precise running quite nicely on my newish HP Pavilion 4108au laptop, which is plagued with a Broadcom 4313GN wireless card. I thought to give the 64bit pups a run, but both Fatdog and the beta Lighthouse don't like playing with the Broadcom wireless.

Everthing I tried seems ok, but the first time the keyboard did not work, but was ok on subsequent boots.
The wireless still gives trouble - I can configure it ok, it sees my router, leases an IP etc but the browser can't see the internet. I can ping websites ok.

Incidentally, in Fatdog I loaded the wl driver for the wireless, and it works for a few minutes - ie I can use a browser - but then it stops working, while still having an IP. The interface works, but the internet does not.[/quote]

Ted Dog

#73 Post by Ted Dog »

would you consider adding kernel support for Apple computers filesystem. I was using a stripped down fatdog64 v5 to run on my under used mini mac. Fatdog64 has overgrown the EFI storage method I was using to fugal boot. But Slacko64 looks I good shape size wise to make that happen.

01micko

#74 Post by 01micko »

Code: Select all

# gunzip -c /proc/config.gz|grep -iE hfs
CONFIG_HFS_FS=m
CONFIG_HFSPLUS_FS=m
# CONFIG_HFSPLUS_FS_POSIX_ACL is not set
CONFIG_SQUASHFS=m
# CONFIG_SQUASHFS_XATTR is not set
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_ZLIB=y
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_LZO=y
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_XZ=y
# CONFIG_SQUASHFS_4K_DEVBLK_SIZE is not set
# CONFIG_SQUASHFS_EMBEDDED is not set
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_FRAGMENT_CACHE_SIZE=3
CONFIG_AUFS_HFSNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_AUFS_BR_HFSPLUS=y
It's there. :) Need hfs-tools from PPM.

Ted Dog

#75 Post by Ted Dog »

you da man.. :shock:

Karl Godt

#76 Post by Karl Godt »

Why file systems as modules ..

Are hfs.ko xfs.ko jfs.ko in the initrd.gz ?

Hmmm , to be able to boot frugal from hfs it needs compiled as =y
And to boot full on xfs and jfs also .
Modular is only useful to mount storage partitions.

01micko

#77 Post by 01micko »

Mac's efi partition is vfat. I don't want to support booting on hfs/hfsplus anyway. Besides, you can boot on any filesystem if its a module, just needs loading from initrd as you said KRG.

Ted Dog

#78 Post by Ted Dog »

Could you provide a direct link for tools. cant use PPM due to phone only internet. I know Im cheap and refuse to pay for internet twice...

01micko

#79 Post by 01micko »

http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackw ... 6_64-4.txz 137K

You could crack open the initrd and put hfs.ko and hfsplus.ko in there add a modprobe early on in init, I purposely did not compress modules and initrd.gz actually ended up smaller.

Ted Dog

#80 Post by Ted Dog »

EFI boot on minimac is very fast. but limited to 200M. Apple never touches it unless you do a major upgrade. And unlike Microsoft products you get ample warning and creditcards are needed.