Cinelerra 4.2 videoeditor

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Pelo

can you edit 'at least' something..

#16 Post by Pelo »

pagestep007 what do you do with Cinelerra; It's and edition tool, can you edit 'at least' something..
All messages about install are understood; Cinelerra is easy to install.
But is it useful ? I can order and keep lot of machines at home, tractors, aircraft, motorbikes, i will use only the car, because aircraft could be a very nice machine, i am unable to make it take off. The same with cinelerra.

"Cinelerra est extrêmement capricieux dans les formats supportés …
Les mpeg 2 ont parfois un décalage son/image
La majorité des MP4 sont hyper hyper lents au décodage rendant le programme quasi inutilisable et le rendu extrêmement lent :x MP4 very slow
Le support des .avi est au petit bonheur la chance (je n'en ai jamais vu un fonctionner en dehors du DV et du M-Jpeg) :evil: avi never works
les .mkv sont hors de question :D MKV out of question.. Unusable.
Le support des codecs images et son seulement ne semblent par contre pas poser de problème :idea: serviceable !
Les formats restants sont en fait les .mov (et attention, pas tous !) et le fameux format DV.
You need .mov .Dv to work with cinelerra
Ubuntu users, having used Cinelerra
Check Unbuntu English fora :!: sure you will find feed back from UK and US citizens.. english spoken. But everybody is free to install; and install, ...and install.. Untill nothing else to install..
14 minutes to watch en français
Attachments
tutorials.jpg
ust look some minutes if that fits your videos. Euuuh of course you need some videos !
(24.14 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

pagestep007

Cinelerra video editor

#17 Post by pagestep007 »

Thanks for the reply Pelo. Yes indeed I am using Cinelerra. I am a New Zealander, TV producer in Colombia South America. I finally got fed up with Adobe and Windows stranglehold on video production and went linux. I tried at least a dozen flavours of systems, and settled on Puppy as THE BEST to get the MOST out of old or budget equipment. We use equipment that even in South America gets thrown away, and even squeeze 4k video out of computers that either don't even boot on windows or don't have even enough life to run a video editing program under window.(and don't even mention mac. I never got a mac machine to edit properly , EVER) Puppy takes nothing to run on, and gives everything to the editing program. I tried every editing program available and found Cinelerra to have the most potential. Potential is the operative word. All the other editing programs I tried (kdenlive being decent) took too many system resources to leave much for rendering. Cinelerra was small and installed immediately, but... was compatible with virtually nothing, codec or format wise. So I just kept it on the system awaiting improvement.
I got version CV2.2 going and it had improved a lot, and so I began using it particularly to finalize Animations. It manages image sequences well and for its size and resource consumption along with the background preview rendering became a useful tool.
In regular checks to see about upgrades I got confused by various versions appearing. Further research, as pointed out on the community version site, I found there are three independent development versions. I assume the 4.2 you are using is not the community version. The most advanced is the HV ( V6 at the moment, developed by the original developer Adam Williams) which is greatly advanced, but several good features like the background preview rendering and icons in the resources panel are gone and it is unstable. The old machines we use become useless without the background rendering preview. The community version is more stable and that is what I need. I cannot muck around when getting projects processed. Version GG5.1 (good guy,aligned closer to the community version than Adam Williams, but still independent) is good, but lacks stability and the background rendering only works on some machines and crashes others.
The lower number 2.3cv does not mean the version will be much less advanced as the other two versions, but as it is a community version, it is likely to be more stable.That is what I need. I lost the original cv2.2 pet install file, so I want to get the 2.3cv going.
I found an opensus RPM version of 2.3cv, and tried installing a gazillion dependencies, and got stuck at libstdc++.so.6 . It cannot find versions 17 and 18, as the symlink is directed to a version 22 which is installed, but if I change the simlink to the 17 or 18, all the libraries dependent on the version 22 complain. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Pelo

pagestep00, at least somebody who can give real information.

#18 Post by Pelo »

ah, at least somebody who can give real information. TV producer with Puppy, what an honour. You are welcome to our forum, to give accurate opinion about Cinelerra, wich is really too much for me, just cutting and sticking parts of video (with avidemux).
Please correct my information if i was wrong, mostly about type of videos that can be worked with Cinelerra
If i have the pet, i will get it available for download ( cinelerra 2.2)

Mike Walsh

#19 Post by Mike Walsh »

That's quite something, to hear that Puppy's being used in this way..!

I've just re-packaged this 4.2 version of Don's, and, like him, found that it works in absolutely every Pup I've thrown it at. I've been through the entire kennels this morning, and haven't had a single failure yet.

I'm interested to hear about this 'community edition'. Whereabouts did you find this.....and is it generally available? I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I've been using OpenShot on & off for a while, but it's definitely 'buggy' as hell.

I've made a few Puppy tutorials (only easy ones!) with SimpleScreenRecorder, but for one of them I had to stitch together video from one machine with commentary produced on another machine (while watching the video on the first), since the first one has problems with sound recording! OpenShot's awkward to use, so I wanted to give Cinelerra a try, since it's supposed to be fairly lightweight. At least the older versions are; the current 64-bit version which I've just packaged up runs out at over 150MB installed.....

Everybody seems to rave about KdenLive, but since it's a KDE app, it's a very large package; it wants most of the dependencies from the KDE desktop.....and that's no featherweight, as I'm sure you're aware..!

Mike. :wink:

Pelo

Give Cinelerra a chance, Mike

#20 Post by Pelo »

Give Cinelerra a chance, Mike, then feed back. You will like openshot once cinelerra tried :)
About the spirit, our devs in the past tested applications, judge if accurate for little Puppy Linux, then if positive trim the fat to get a light pet.
I can say without few risks that Cinelerra is not for us. We have a TV producer, we shall not have two...
:?: not sure, why to be so pessimist..

pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#21 Post by pagestep007 »

Thank you so very much for the help Mike. I have installed the 4.2.pet. All good so far. I will now do some trials over time to see how it reacts.

I am still using Slacko Puppy 5.7 by the way. I tried going to 6.3, but had lots of problems, so went back to 5.7 for now. As I said, stability and something I can rely on is what I crave.

Cinellera is like a lot of programs. Adobe premiere I hated so much that I tried at least three times to get used to it and ditched it, until I forced myself into it due to the industry. Now I still use it I admit.as my mastering program, as I am familiar with it and I drive it like a car. Cinelerra was the only editor that looked like rivaling premiere. Kdenlive is more like the old windows movie maker. Not a lot to go wrong, but it is resource hungry, Openshot is slightly less hungry, but still slows old machines down.
You have to get a mindset with premiere and Cinellera. It takes a while. At first I did not like it , but I know enough about editing now to see potential, and forced myself to use it.. At first there were some glaringly clunky deficiencies with the program but they are being addressed little by little. I am still trying to get my brain around the camera/projector concept, and output video usually needs re encoding with ffconvert multimedia converter to be useful for other applications. format compatibility is something that needs improving. Lets see how 4.2 goes.(output formats look just the same - sad)

Blender is another program that I tried and failed with at least 4 times before forcing myself to stick with it, now it is all I use for special effects. Version 2.76b is the last one that will work on slacko 5.7 unless upgrading openGL. It just unpacks and runs straight from the folder it is unpacked to eg /opt.

After doing some version upgrades I usually remaster a live CD with all my base programs on (Cinellera; Blender 2.76b ; Audacity 1.3 ; gimp8.2 ; Inkscape ; synfigstudio ; frinika for music composition; java, so I can run any java programs, firefox45, which runs from anywhere, and wine, so I can run Virtualdub for denoising and stabalizing) but the last one went over the CD 700mb limit , So I went back to the basic slacko to reinstall all those and clean out junk left over from past messing around and installs. I found that Cinelerra 5.1 is missing loads of dependencies too as well as 2.3-cv , where it works on previous remasters, indicating that I picked up a bunch of libraries through other install/uninstall trails of other programs.

Anyhow, Cinelerra is still not my only or main editing program...but it is getting more and more use, particularly when I am away from home (it is then the only one I use when I am away (- puppies rule ! They run on anything, and my whole setup goes with me on a disk or USB), but it will get more use as I get used to it and as it improves.

Thanks again for your help.

pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#22 Post by pagestep007 »

Oh, Mike. I forgot to answer some comments.

First, I think Puppies are the way to go, even for TV/Cine etc, but for the life of me I can't get anyone interested, even when I give them my whole combo. They hear the word 'linux' and freeze. But, think of the thousands of hours we spent learning windows and windows programs. Its' just the same. You get used to it and develop work flows. Maybe I am too far out front in this area. But, things are going to have to change. When I can get a pentium 4 to keep up with a windows based quad core... you gotta raise an eyebrow.

The community version of Cinellera is at Cinelerra-cv.org. They have all three branches there to chose from, and a well organized site. They try to merge developments, fix bugs and make stable versions from the other two. They also try and make different linux platform install versions. It would be really cool if you or anyone here could visit them and offer to maintain puppy installation versions. ie: up to date .pet versions since you obviously know how to do it. (please, please)

Once again, thanks for the help.

Mike Walsh

#23 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, again.

Yes, I have to agree with ya on that score; Puppies definitely are the way to go. It's the only distro I know of where you can run 'em from a flashdrive without the stick going into melt-down after a few months. You can run the 'buntus from a flashdrive, but they treat it like a hard drive, so they're constantly reading/writing to & from the stick... Wears out the NAND flash cells in double quick time; Pup's model of running in RAM, then writing only at the end of the session makes everything last so much longer..!

And about P4's....ahh, tell me about it. I have an elderly, 15-yr old Dell Inspiron laptop, which originally came with XP.....and a 'Celly', and only 128 MB of RAM. It was dog-slow (sorry, couldn't resist that) even when new.....and time didn't improve matters any..!

If it hadn't been for Puppy, she'd have gone to the great recycling bin in the sky long ago. Now, though; she runs a P4, 2 GB of RAM (yes, they will handle 2 GB, despite popular wisdom nay-saying the fact), and is running a 64GB PATA/IDE interface solid state drive. With those improvements, and triple-booting three Pups (Slacko 570, Xenialpup 7081, and X-Slacko 2.3.2; I like the 'buntu-based Pup's versatility, but I've always loved the sheer stability of Micko's 'classic' 570), she's a match for most Win7 lappies with vastly superior hardware. (The latter is rg66's 'take' on 570 with the XFCE desktop, and I must admit it's my absolute fave Puppy.) But when people ask me what I'm running on it - and I tell them it's Puppy Linux - they look at me as though I'm some sort of weird curiosity. As though I should be humoured.....in case I bite!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

I couldn't care less. We know which side our bread's buttered, don't we??? :)

-------------------------------------------------------

BTW; Thanks for the info on the community edition. As for building 'em.....you could do it yourself. All you need to do is to extract the .pet package I built; study the structure.....and have a look here:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 40457//url

Trio's 'Pet-Maker' is a GUI 'front-end' for 'dir2pet', which is the Puppy Busybox code implementation that allows you to create .pet packages.. I use it all the time. One tip; once the /root/make-pet directory has been created, it's a lot simpler to create the .pet structure yourself, then use Pet-Maker to actually build it. That's the way I use it, anyhow.

Mike Walsh

#24 Post by Mike Walsh »

I've been attempting to create a .pet or SFS package of 2.3 CV. Doesn't matter which Pup I try it in, you eventually come up against the 'brick wall' of the glibc and libstdc++.so.6 not being new enough. They must have built this thing against the very newest distro they could find.....assuming that everyone automatically runs the newest of everything... Tchah!!

So; I don't quite see how that's gonna happen, I'm afraid. And you say you've lost your .pet of 2.2 CV? Would've been useful to study it... 2.3 certainly does require a lot of libs. Why the hell does it need reference libraries for FireWire? I thought that went out with the Ark..... :roll:

Mike. :?

mikeslr

#25 Post by mikeslr »

Hi pagestep007, Mike,

FWITW, I somehow obtained the version of cinelerra discussed here: http://cinelerra.org/2015/index.php/201 ... /cinelerra. The 32-bit package will download by clicking Link 1 under Ubuntu. The txz file I obtained has the name "cinelerra-5.0-ubuntu-14.04.1-i686-2015221-static.txz. To deploy it, I just unpacked the txz to a folder on /mnt/home. Under Slacko 5.7, it opens and ldd shows that there are no missing dependencies,.

Emphasis -- this is the supposedly Ubuntu version under Slacko 5.7.

I would guess that any plugins and such-all that can be used by a Slackware version of that vintage would also work under the Ubuntu version. Edit: I also wonder if the different versions of Cinelerra have different plugins, those plugins from the Cinelerras which won't run under Slacko 5.7 could be used in the cinelerra which does.

I've done nothing with the version of cinelerra which appears to be functional, as that would require that I actually learn something.

mikesLr

pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#26 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi again .

Thanks for that mike, and MikesLr. I will give it a go. Yes, each of the three have different plugins and abilities, even though on face falue they look the same in the Gui. On the cinelerra-cv.org site there is a comparison sheet pdf with all the differences between the three. GG5.1 has the most of everything , but is unstable. HV6 is only 64bit.

Anyhow. Today I downloaded an iso from the above site and gave it a run as a live DVD. (it's 1GB) .to see which version suits me best. The live DVD has the three main versions plus two other ones. It's a good Live DVD. I quickly found that GG5.1 is still unstable on my machines. 2.3-CV worked fine. and HV6 so- so. I will therefore look at pursuing the riddle of installing 2.3-cv. into my puppy. ( 2.2-CV is more up to date that the 4.6.pet)

So... the clean reinstall of my combo went well, Cleaned out 200mb of chaff so it fits on a CD again, and then since I had lost the install file from 2.2-CV, I copied the executable program file from the previous system into /bin and opened a terminal, and went through copying all requested files one by one to the new system. Got it all running, remastered onto a CD, and found I had confused versions and installed 4.6 (which ,by the way, is from the HV branch) so I swapped the Cinelerra program file and went through the process again...I think I have the system sussed. Now I will remaster tomorrow.

Mike , do you think that if I was to go back to a puppy only system and go through the copying process, taking note of which files were missing,and making a collection of them, that It would be possible to put a .pet together? I have never done a .pet before.

Thanks for the help and encouragement everyone.

Mike Walsh

#27 Post by Mike Walsh »

Thanks for that, Mike.

I've just tried it (I'm in Slacko 570 at the moment).....and I'm getting a massive list of unmet dependencies (headed up by the glibc being too old!)

Code: Select all

# ldd /opt/Cinelerra-5.0-i686/cinelerra
/opt/Cinelerra-5.0-i686/cinelerra: /lib/liblzma.so.5: no version information available (required by /opt/Cinelerra-5.0-i686/cinelerra)
/opt/Cinelerra-5.0-i686/cinelerra: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by /opt/Cinelerra-5.0-i686/cinelerra)
	linux-gate.so.1 (0xffffe000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0xb7600000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0xb75ef000)
	libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0xb75ec000)
	libXv.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXv.so.1 (0xb75e5000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb75cb000)
	libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0xb75a6000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb75a1000)
	libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0xb758b000)
	libbz2.so.1.0 => /lib/libbz2.so.1.0 (0xb757a000)
	liblzma.so.5 => /lib/liblzma.so.5 (0xb7554000)
	libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xb751f000)
	libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 (0xb74b1000)
	libGLU.so.1 => /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 (0xb7439000)
	libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0xb7346000)
	libXft.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXft.so.2 (0xb7331000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7249000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb721d000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7200000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb707b000)
	libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0xb705a000)
	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0xb7057000)
	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xb7050000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7737000)
	libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xb6fc6000)
	libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0xb6f9e000)
	libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1 (0xb6f9b000)
	libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3 (0xb6f96000)
	libX11-xcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1 (0xb6f93000)
	libxcb-glx.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-glx.so.0 (0xb6f7c000)
	libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0xb6f77000)
	libdrm.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdrm.so.2 (0xb6f6b000)
	librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xb6f62000)
	libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0xb6f58000)
I'm wondering, Mike; which Slacko are you using, exactly? I'm using Micko's original 570. I know there's a Slacko 5.7 floating around; I don't know where I got it from, but I've got the ISO of that, too.

The two are completely different. 5.7 appears to be based on Tahrpup; the layout is very similar, and it's using Tahr's glibc 2.19. Micko's 570 uses 2.15.....

It's not by Micko, I can tell that; this is a remaster somebody's done. It's a very good remaster.....but it ain't the original.

Will do some further testing. Watch this space.

Mike Walsh

#28 Post by Mike Walsh »

Righty-ho. Results are in...

As expected, it runs fine under Tahr 6.05 (glibc [2.19).

Also under Xenialpup 7081 (glibc 2.23), and Upup Raring (glibc 2.17), too.

It won't run under Precise 571, despite being 'buntu-based; the glibc's too old.....like 570, it's 2.15.

I'll run up a .pet & SFS for this, so it's got a Menu entry'n'stuff. Edit:- This is a much bigger package than 4.2; around the 80 MB mark, in both formats. So the SFS will probably be the way to go for most folks.

Quite a bit newer, too; 4.2 was from 2010. This one was only the year before last.....2015.

-----------------------------------------

@Mikeslr:-

Mike, do me a wee favour, would you? In your 'Slacko 5.7', just do a

Code: Select all

uname -a
...please, and post the output back here? I'm curious; I just want to see if it agrees with my 'Slacko 5.7'; see if we're both 'singing from the same hymn-sheet' on that one..! I've got a feeling I got this from Ally's site; I gave 570 the push a while back, 'cos it was giving me problems (probably self-inflicted; I've tried so much stuff out in all my Pups over the years), but I'd mis-laid the ISO.....and, somehow, forgotten to do back-ups on this particular Pup! Later, I wanted to re-install it, because of its usually fantastic stability, and couldn't locate it on Ibiblio, so had a scout around on archive.org.....and I think that's where I found it.

Cheers.

The other Mike. :wink:

Mike Walsh

#29 Post by Mike Walsh »

Cinelerra 5.0 .pet & SFS packages now available from the Cinelerra folder at my MediaFire a/c:-

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/m33xbg ... /Cinelerra

Just navigate through, and help yourselves.

Enjoy!

mikeslr

#30 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Mike,

Regarding the "Slacko 5.7" I'm using, uname -a reports:

Linux puppypc30681 3.4.94 #1 SMP Sun Jun 22 12:59:42 EST 2014 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

which didn't mean anything to me. However, trying to figure out why our results differ, I examined what I installed [PPM, select uninstall --see what's there, close PPM before I do something stupid :lol: ] e.g, glib-upgrade -- nothing suspicious. Except that I kind-of remembered populating Seamonkey portable with Seamonkey 2.46, which made me wonder whether my slacko was one of the Puppies on which I performed 'a brain transplant' -- kernel upgrade. So, I ran Pupsysinfo. It reported:

Linux Kernel: 3.4.94 (i686)
Kernel Version: #1 SMP Sun Jun 22 12:59:42 EST 2014

Distro: Slacko Puppy 5.9.3

Which enabled me to recognize the 3.4.94 #1 SMP referenced by uname -a,

Nice. So now I don't have to run Pupsysinfo to discover the kernel. All I have to do is remember uname -a. Small chance of that happening. :(

Edit: It seems I'm using this version: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 892#783892

By the way, what's the command to find out what glibc version is installed? Nevermind. Found the command: ldd --version. According to which, it's employing 2.17.

The above confusion aside, if pagestep007's computer can handle a more recent kernel and the glibs that enables, perhaps a kernel upgrade that would be one way to upgrade his slacko 5.7.

mikesLr

pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#31 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi guys. Thanks for all the work. Mike, the 5.0 pet installed fine on my Slacko 5.7 puppy. It would seem it is from the HV branch. Pretty good. The background preview rendering crashes a duo core comp. The 2.2cv crashes the same comp with 4k video, so it could be the comp just doesn't have what it takes :).

I have a slacko 5.7.0 puppy CD which was the one that I first tried when I found puppy linux. That is the one I did my clean install with just now.
I uploaded an iso of the one I remastered today, if you are interested in looking at it. (It is my 10th cd remaster.) It is at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnhQ9j3tej9diintXRXaTwG_HWBC .

It has Cinelerra 2.2cv on it, blender, etc as stated in my earlier post.

Pelo

the HV branch is one which works with cinelerra,

#32 Post by Pelo »

the HV branch is one which works with cinelerra, re Ubuntu testers.
Puppy testers will feed back for MP4 soon or later as Cinelerra install easily.editez vos videos MP4 explained by a French guy
This tuto starts with Cinelerra version 4.2 yet installed by ... installers.
".faire un montage cohérent, rajouter des transitions, un titre, des effets, une bande son et exporter vers un fichier vidéo importable sous youtube." edit , transitions, title, audio and export to a format serviceable for YouTube
convertir une video en mp4 (720p camescope samsung) vers un format qui ne rame pas lors du montage avec cinerelerra
MP4 is very very slow with cinelerra, Needs to be re-encoded.
Attachments
cinelerra.jpg
tuto with three videos MP4 pour la France
(68.63 KiB) Downloaded 490 times

norgo

Re: Cinelerra-CV

#33 Post by norgo »

pagestep007 wrote:... The 2.2cv crashes the same comp with 4k video, so it could be the comp just doesn't have what it takes :).
Very interesting.
As far as I know Cinelerra-CV does not support 4K video resolution,
1920x1088 is the maximum.
I could offer Cinelerra-CV 2.3 for Slacko 6.3.0.
If you are interested in please let me know.
Attachments
Cinelerra-CV.jpg
Cinelerra CV 2.3
(77.34 KiB) Downloaded 506 times

pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#34 Post by pagestep007 »

Thanks Norgo,
In a way you are right about the 4K in 2.2cv. There is no preset, but you can manually input the output dimensions and still do it. I did a clip yesterday in 4096x2160. The duo core I am using to test it would not background preview render and would crash it. So one great and easy thing you can do is proxy render. 2.2cv will recognize the mp4 container with an h264 codec, but will not recognize the aac audio from my 4k cell phone. So I just used the FFconvert multimedia converter on the puppy to extract the audio and render it to an mp3 which 2.2cv will recognize. This for me is no issue as we usually record audio separate from the camera anyway and usually replace the camera audio in the editing anyhow. 2.2cv would handle SD footage with BG preview rendering ( and also HD footage), So I proxied the footage and edited the project.
Two output formats that worked were ogg vorbis-theorbis and .mov for linux with an mp4 codec, (still experimenting with audio output) (The GG and HV Branches have better output options.) However, the ogg vorbis would not re-import into 2.2cv cleanly, It could not find keyframes even though they were stipulated in the output settings. The .mov with mp4 codec re-imported fine, with audio and video, into 2.2cv and uploaded to youtube with no apparent problems. There may be other combinations that may work, but all other attempts froze on the 19th frame of the renders on this computer, which may be a resource lack in the comp I am using. So at some stage I will try it on some more powerful comps to confirm that. If it is a resource lack, then more output combinations may be possible.
( hope you are familiar with proxy editing.. if not, you make a low resolution copy of all your material in a separate folder, from the high res project, with same names as the originals. Use the low res to edit, save the project to the low res folder, then when you are ready to do the final render, copy the project file from your low res folder to your hi res folder, open that copy, and the program will use the hi res material. Change the project and the track sizes, and render)

I noticed on trialing my recent remaster that pplog was not configured to find the Firefox browser, so I fixed that and re-uploaded an iso to:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnhQ9j3tej9diirDFBG5PaQ0xQcU

The remaster has 2.2cv Cinelerra, because I am interested in having the most stable version as my starting point, but I would be grateful if you could make the 2.3cv available, I have a slacko 6.3 also, so I would like to include it in that system. I will also be using and testing the HV5.0 that Mike made available as .pet and sfs, and put it through its paces. I will also keep testing the Cinelerra Live DVD, to compare versions.

Pelo, I think that the GG5.1 I came across and installed, was as you said, an ubuntu package and I just unpacked to the /opt folder and it worked. I have not gotten back to getting that one going (what with three branches and various versions of each branch , tailored to different operating systems...it gets a little confusing.) But I will continue to put all these through some real work to see how they fare.

Thanks again everyone for your help and encouragement.

norgo

#35 Post by norgo »

Hello @pagestep007

unfortunately I'm not familiar with the topic proxy editing but it sounds really interesting.
I'm very curious about your compare results between the different Cinelerra versions.

As promised here Cinelerra-CV 2.3 for Slacko 6.3.0
CinelerraCV-2.3-i686.sfs ( 23.364 k , md5sum = 02887253afd738f27065d75c64c15192 )