Cinelerra 4.2 videoeditor

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#31 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi guys. Thanks for all the work. Mike, the 5.0 pet installed fine on my Slacko 5.7 puppy. It would seem it is from the HV branch. Pretty good. The background preview rendering crashes a duo core comp. The 2.2cv crashes the same comp with 4k video, so it could be the comp just doesn't have what it takes :).

I have a slacko 5.7.0 puppy CD which was the one that I first tried when I found puppy linux. That is the one I did my clean install with just now.
I uploaded an iso of the one I remastered today, if you are interested in looking at it. (It is my 10th cd remaster.) It is at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnhQ9j3tej9diintXRXaTwG_HWBC .

It has Cinelerra 2.2cv on it, blender, etc as stated in my earlier post.

Pelo

the HV branch is one which works with cinelerra,

#32 Post by Pelo »

the HV branch is one which works with cinelerra, re Ubuntu testers.
Puppy testers will feed back for MP4 soon or later as Cinelerra install easily.editez vos videos MP4 explained by a French guy
This tuto starts with Cinelerra version 4.2 yet installed by ... installers.
".faire un montage cohérent, rajouter des transitions, un titre, des effets, une bande son et exporter vers un fichier vidéo importable sous youtube." edit , transitions, title, audio and export to a format serviceable for YouTube
convertir une video en mp4 (720p camescope samsung) vers un format qui ne rame pas lors du montage avec cinerelerra
MP4 is very very slow with cinelerra, Needs to be re-encoded.
Attachments
cinelerra.jpg
tuto with three videos MP4 pour la France
(68.63 KiB) Downloaded 490 times

norgo

Re: Cinelerra-CV

#33 Post by norgo »

pagestep007 wrote:... The 2.2cv crashes the same comp with 4k video, so it could be the comp just doesn't have what it takes :).
Very interesting.
As far as I know Cinelerra-CV does not support 4K video resolution,
1920x1088 is the maximum.
I could offer Cinelerra-CV 2.3 for Slacko 6.3.0.
If you are interested in please let me know.
Attachments
Cinelerra-CV.jpg
Cinelerra CV 2.3
(77.34 KiB) Downloaded 506 times

pagestep007

Cinelerra 4.2

#34 Post by pagestep007 »

Thanks Norgo,
In a way you are right about the 4K in 2.2cv. There is no preset, but you can manually input the output dimensions and still do it. I did a clip yesterday in 4096x2160. The duo core I am using to test it would not background preview render and would crash it. So one great and easy thing you can do is proxy render. 2.2cv will recognize the mp4 container with an h264 codec, but will not recognize the aac audio from my 4k cell phone. So I just used the FFconvert multimedia converter on the puppy to extract the audio and render it to an mp3 which 2.2cv will recognize. This for me is no issue as we usually record audio separate from the camera anyway and usually replace the camera audio in the editing anyhow. 2.2cv would handle SD footage with BG preview rendering ( and also HD footage), So I proxied the footage and edited the project.
Two output formats that worked were ogg vorbis-theorbis and .mov for linux with an mp4 codec, (still experimenting with audio output) (The GG and HV Branches have better output options.) However, the ogg vorbis would not re-import into 2.2cv cleanly, It could not find keyframes even though they were stipulated in the output settings. The .mov with mp4 codec re-imported fine, with audio and video, into 2.2cv and uploaded to youtube with no apparent problems. There may be other combinations that may work, but all other attempts froze on the 19th frame of the renders on this computer, which may be a resource lack in the comp I am using. So at some stage I will try it on some more powerful comps to confirm that. If it is a resource lack, then more output combinations may be possible.
( hope you are familiar with proxy editing.. if not, you make a low resolution copy of all your material in a separate folder, from the high res project, with same names as the originals. Use the low res to edit, save the project to the low res folder, then when you are ready to do the final render, copy the project file from your low res folder to your hi res folder, open that copy, and the program will use the hi res material. Change the project and the track sizes, and render)

I noticed on trialing my recent remaster that pplog was not configured to find the Firefox browser, so I fixed that and re-uploaded an iso to:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnhQ9j3tej9diirDFBG5PaQ0xQcU

The remaster has 2.2cv Cinelerra, because I am interested in having the most stable version as my starting point, but I would be grateful if you could make the 2.3cv available, I have a slacko 6.3 also, so I would like to include it in that system. I will also be using and testing the HV5.0 that Mike made available as .pet and sfs, and put it through its paces. I will also keep testing the Cinelerra Live DVD, to compare versions.

Pelo, I think that the GG5.1 I came across and installed, was as you said, an ubuntu package and I just unpacked to the /opt folder and it worked. I have not gotten back to getting that one going (what with three branches and various versions of each branch , tailored to different operating systems...it gets a little confusing.) But I will continue to put all these through some real work to see how they fare.

Thanks again everyone for your help and encouragement.

norgo

#35 Post by norgo »

Hello @pagestep007

unfortunately I'm not familiar with the topic proxy editing but it sounds really interesting.
I'm very curious about your compare results between the different Cinelerra versions.

As promised here Cinelerra-CV 2.3 for Slacko 6.3.0
CinelerraCV-2.3-i686.sfs ( 23.364 k , md5sum = 02887253afd738f27065d75c64c15192 )

pagestep007

Cinelerra

#36 Post by pagestep007 »

HI All,
Thanks Norgo. I was able to install the sfs on a puppy slacko 5.7.. (I assume it will also be ok for the 6.3) In the 'about' tab in the preferences, it looks like it is a 2.2cv version.(not quite the 2.3cv .) but that's ok. Thanks.

I have uploaded, to my onedrive, a copy of the ubuntu package of the GG5.1 branch for anyone who wants it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnhQ9j3tej9diisweXkiu5qmFhsB

You just unpack it to somewhere like /opt and click on the cin file therewithin. . (drag it to the desktop and assign an icon if you want the shortcut on your desktop.)

norgo

Re: Cinelerra

#37 Post by norgo »

pagestep007 wrote:...Thanks Norgo. I was able to install the sfs on a puppy slacko 5.7.. (I assume it will also be ok for the 6.3)
The other way around, application has been compiled in Slacko 6.3.0 and should work there without problems.
Cinelerra has really a lot of dependencies and that's why you could get problems under usage of Slacko 5.7.0.
Symbolic links to other versions of libs are crap and not advisable.

Are you sure that this version is really working in Slacko 5.7.0 ? ;-)

DISTRO_VERSION=5.7.0
DISTRO_KERNEL_PET='linux_kernel-3.10.32-slacko_PAE.pet'

Code: Select all

ldd /usr/bin/cinelerra | grep found

libx264.so.138 => not found
libglapi.so.0 => not found
libaudiofile.so.1 => not found
libx264.so.138 => not found
libglapi.so.0 => not found

Mike Walsh

#38 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Phil.

Thanks for the GG5.1 version.

I've done some more packaging, and a .pet & SFS of Cinelerra 5.1 are now available from the Cinelerra folder at my MediaFire a/c.

Please note:-

Due to the need for >= glibc 2.22, this version will only run in Xenialpup7081 (2.23); Tahr's is 2.19, and Upup Raring's is only 2.17. As the versions become more recent, the requirements appear to be getting higher.....

C'est la vie.

Enjoy.

Mike. :wink:

pagestep007

Cinelerra

#39 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi everyone.
Quite right Norgo...An entry into the menu was made when installing the sfs 2.3cv , but due to dependencies missing, it just defaulted to the 2.2cv already installed on the slacko 5.7 system.
Similarly Mike, the same with the .pet and sfs you did. However, I still have what looks like a working copy of 2.2cv and the Ubuntu GG5.1 looks like it is working. The buggy preview background render I found out today, is a known bug with GG5.1. There is supposedly a workaround, but I will have to hunt that down.

Now I need to hunt down why Gimp2.8 is not recognizing python plugins... maybe over to another thread for that one?

pagestep007

Cinelerra

#40 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi to all interested in Cinelerra.
I just thought I would give an update after trialing CV2.2 and GG5.1. in real life work situations, for a while now.

But first: Thanks Mike for the .pet and sfs of the GG5.1 version. The sfs installed fine on my slacko 5.7 puppy. However the .pet did not have a menu entry so I could not find it. How you manage to repackage things has me mystified. I take off my hat to you.

I find that yes, the community version CV2.2 is good and stable and works on older machines, but I found lack of file compatability and some lack in features in CV2.2 made GG5.1 the winner. GG5.1 will import mp4 vids generated from other programs like Adobe Premiere, and my Samsung cell phone (which does 4K video) with audio from the same file, That's a relief not having to encode the audio separately, out of the original file to be able to use it. GG5.1 uses ffmpeg for export so I am able to export to usable file formats. When exporting an mp4 Youtube will encode, but does indicate that the audio codec is not the best for them. The FFmpeg uses a h265 audio , but does not give me other alternatives. However, I have managed to edit 4k,on as low as a dual core computer, and upload to youtube. and also subtitle (which is a really easy process- way better than Adobe Premier) and encode for a local satellite distribution TV channel.
I am hoping they fix the preview bug in GG5.1, I have not put any serious testing into HV6.0 as it is 64bit only.

So, yes, there is still work to be done on the program, but it is capable of use in the 'real' world of Television, for those adventurous and patient enough to give it a go, ...hoping it will continue to improve.

Mike Walsh

#41 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Phil.

Mm. Glad to hear it's working out for ya!

I can't figure out why the Menu entry doesn't show up in the .pet; both it and the SFS contain the exact same files, so, er......that's one of life's little mysteries.

You can always start it from the terminal with /usr/bin/cin. Or go into the /opt directory, and just drag the cin binary onto the desktop. Or go into /usr/share/applications, and drag the cinelerra .desktop entry to the desktop.

Plenty of options!

I have a question for you. How d'you get 4.2 to load files? I can select the file I wish to work with.....but when I try to enter it, it merely jumps back up 2-3 directory levels. And that's all it does.

You can't drag'n'drop, either; it doesn't appear to support that..... :?

Mike Walsh

#42 Post by Mike Walsh »

Evening, all.

I've added another version of Cinelerra to the stables.

This is version 4.5. I found this when adding Cinelerra to Anti-X 16.1 earlier this evening, from the deb-multimedia site:-

http://deb-multimedia.org/

It's the newest version that's compatible with old-stable Jessie, which is what Anti-X 16.1 is based on. Once again, just like 4.2, it seems to run in pretty nearly any Puppy. Anybody who's interested in trying it out, you can find it at my MediaFire a/c, linked in my sig. Just navigate through to the Cinelerra/32-bit/4.5 directory, and help yourselves. Pet and SFS packages are both available.

Enjoy.

mikeslr

Cinelerra 32-bit Status 2019

#43 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Until recently there were two branches (forks) of Cinelerra each publishing a 32-bit and an 64-bit version from time to time. While I never put any version to the test of actually trying to use it, I could confidently write that some version would open OOTB under any Puppy.

That is no longer the case. The two forks have merged to produce an only 64-bit Cinelerra 7.1. Apparently not knowing what to do with the manpower glut resulting from the merger, specific versions of 7.1 were published for 9 of the Major Linux Distros. There is neither a Universal Build, nor AppImage which, containing all dependencies can be run under any 64-bit Linux.

Repositories of all older builds (64 and 32-bit) no longer exist. Consequently, it is no longer possible to just download and unpack a tar.bz or txz and start the application by left-clicking its binary. A few 32-bit versions of the older 5.1 can be found here, https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/tars/. Those are specific builds of which perhaps the Slackware 14.2, the debians and the Ubuntus may run under your 32-bit Puppies.

I tried several 5.1 versions under dpup-stretch and dpup-buster 32-bits. All depended on about 4 missing libraries that I did not attempt to find.

Fortunately, Mike Walsh has published 4.2 and 4.5 versions, as well as other, older versions, as both pets and sfses here, https://www.mediafire.com/folder/m33xbg ... ryx03314tp. The 4.5 and 4.2 SFS versions ran OOTB under dpup-buster; 4.2 under dpup-stretch.

I would expect the similar results under Bionicpup32.

n01ze

#44 Post by n01ze »

Version 5 of Cinelerra is functional on Bionic32... confirmed
The link for that version as Pet&SFS is here:
https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linux_Forum_Pets
along with massive amount of forum "Archive" Pet backups :shock:
[b]SynthWizards[/b]
[b]VortexSoundResearch[/b]
[url]http://www.N01ZE.com[/url]