Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 13 Nov 2019, 08:53
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Media Transfer Protocol MTP (SOLVED)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 14 of 17 [253 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 16:17    Post subject:  

Can you tell me where the file/database is that holds the config/info for various Samsung phones?

Perhaps then I can edit that file to add my phone?
Semme

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 16:22    Post subject:  

Then, no guarantees >> try this. Or if you wanna try'n add your phone, see this udev rules post.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 17:19    Post subject:  

yeah, thanks. Just got off the phone,let me take a look at these.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 18:41    Post subject:  

So, I am getting new activity.

I uninstalled everything and installed the following:

go-mtpfs-20130628.pet
mtp_detect-0.10-exper-noarch.pet
mtpstatus-0.3-i486.pet

After plugging in, mtp_detect reports MTP device detected, but TEST reports no device found.

but when I proceed anyway by selecting YES, mtp_detect reports that device successfully mounted in a pop-up box. This is new. Never saw that.

Then ROX runs displaying /mnt/MTPdevice with a green dot, which I'm pretty sure is new. But no files in that folder.

Should I be in Debug Mode on my phone? MTP is apparently running on phone b/c MTP-detect reports an MTP device detected. It even says it successfully mounted it, but no files.

btw, my phone is rooted, and I run Adblock Plus on it, but have gotten rid of most of my other root utilities and root file managers. Android 4.0.4 (ICS).

Seems like it might be a software issue on my phone, because MTP-detect is now reporting a successful mount.
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 18:43    Post subject:  

SnoopPup wrote:
But no files in that folder.

Here is a tip for using ROX. Click the Rescan button on the toolbar (the blue Recycle icon). It will sometimes make files appear.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 18:45    Post subject:  

I just also noticed a new icon on my tray. A little phone with a green dot. When I click it, it says "go-mtpfs not running". Can also right click it and it gives me an option to browse device, but displays no files when selected.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 18:55    Post subject:  

So clicking on that little phone icon says go-mtpfs not running, so I started go-mtpfs in terminal with go-mtpfs MTPdevice & to keep it running with the & (I believe) but clicking on the phone icon still says it's not running.

Process manager was reporting gphotofs still running, so I killed it, then fired up go-mtpfs in terminal but process manager still says it's not running.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:11    Post subject:  

So after I killed gphotofs, it looks like I can no longer even get the "Mounted successfully" box or the little phone icon in tray.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:55    Post subject:  

UPDATE:

So now I'm getting an MTPdevice folder with Orange Triangle with an Exclamation Mark ICON in my /mnt folder. When I click it, it says doesn't exist:
smokey01

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:57    Post subject:  

In tahrpup-CE-6.0 MTP works out of the box. When I plug in my Samsung Galaxy S4 the PupCamera GUI pops up recognising my phone as a camera. Click on the Open button to mount and it sees both the internal memory and microSD card.
I can copy files back and forth.

SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 19:59    Post subject:  

ROX is now locking up as well. Like the scan button will scan once and then freeze the screen. had to restart graphical interface once.
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:01    Post subject:  

smokey01 wrote:
In tahrpup-CE-6.0 MTP works out of the box. When I plug in my Samsung Galaxy S4 the PupCamera GUI pops up recognising my phone as a camera. Click on the Open button to mount and it sees both the internal memory and microSD card.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Just upgrade to latest to see if better. tahrpup-6.0 is not much larger, is it?
smokey01

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:28    Post subject:  

SnoopPup wrote:
smokey01 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good idea. Just upgrade to latest to see if better. tahrpup-6.0 is not much larger, is it?

Tahr=199 Slacko=161

Slacko is great but I find tahr just a little more complete as it has vlc, my favourite media player.

SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 20:45    Post subject:  

smokey01 wrote:
SnoopPup wrote:
smokey01 wrote:

Tahr=199 Slacko=161

Slacko is great but I find tahr just a little more complete as it has vlc, my favourite media player.

vlc is my favorite player too. I was surprised not to see it in Slacko 5.7. I can stream music/movies from pc to phone with vlc, to anywhere really. Now that I know how to install through puppy pkg mgr a little, I see that it is there. Not sure what version. I'm still on a learning curve. I got a Red Hat distro up to a prompt almost 15 years ago, but it's been about that long since I have used Linux, well, besides using it every time I'm on the internet connecting to an Apache server, etc., but I don't have to do much besides mash Windows icons.

Anyway, downloading 6.0 iso now. Is there an easy way to just add it to my hard drived installation MBR or bootloader or wherever it is it should be?
SnoopPup

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jan 2015, 21:47    Post subject:  

WOW, just wanted to say that my first reaction to booting up tahrpup 6.0 and running the default Pale Moon browser is that it seems blazing fast compared to Slacko 5.7, which itself seemed pretty fast compared to XP on a Pentium 4 with 2 gigs. I think it's more than the browser because opening a few apps like vlc, sysinfo, etc seems much faster.

Now on to getting my phone connected, hopefully. Either way, thanks for pushing me to try to 6.0. I was planning to try out the different distros eventually, but now is better than later.
Page 14 of 17 [253 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: