Media Transfer Protocol MTP (SOLVED)

Using applications, configuring, problems
Burn_IT

#241 Post by Burn_IT »

Indeed it is.
And yes there is.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

michaellowe

wouldnt you like to fix that PPM of yours?

#242 Post by michaellowe »

Semme wrote:Hey Michael, wouldn't you like to fix that PPM of yours?

You running frugal or full install?

If full, you have the disk?
frugal
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....
well thats at least how some of us deal with ba$h !

Semme

#243 Post by Semme »

Then try this.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

greengeek

#244 Post by greengeek »

Semme wrote:"Is there any way.." is surely a query deserving *IT'S OWN* new topic.
Ok. New topic regarding "non-GooglePlayStore" methods for adding file explorers and other functionality to Android devices here

nubc

#245 Post by nubc »

Can someone verify that go-mtpfs will work with Marshmallow? After mounting in Slacko 6.3.0, I do not see data.

Semme

#246 Post by Semme »

Haven't tried that one Nubc but can verify simple-mtpfs flies. You *have* a few choices..

Pelo

I have a phone nokia C2 which is my camera too

#247 Post by Pelo »

17 pages of translation .. :evil:
I have a phone nokia C2 which is my camera too, because this phone is tiny and goes in my pockets. Untill now i downloaded pictures to my Computer thanks to USB cable. With Windows 7 (seven)
I decided to try with Puppy Linux... Slim X-Slacko by Mistfire (clever Pupppy ), and mounting point was missing (gphotofs). fuse something..
TOPIC SOLVED !!! :( Sorry, very sorry.. I did not pay attention? Bad, very bad Monday morning..

charlie6

#248 Post by charlie6 »

Hi,
Karl Godt wrote:I could not get anything to work !
Android-4.2.2 Archos 79 Cobalt tablet .
What was wrong ?
:? ...I believe it depends on which mtp_connects version has been used.

AFAIK, and after quite an half day time spent to understand what could be wrong as also quite exhaustive browsing of this forum, and unsuccesfull test of mtp_detect-0.11-exper-noarch.pet+extra go-mtpfs + mtpstatus-0.3 , I have found a more recent all-in-one-OOTB 8) MTP function version (v 0.16) embedded in forum member 666philb's latest xenialpup-7.5 (thanks to him!):
download v0.16 here http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... 5-i686.pet

After some further browsing, and in another thread ... :roll: , I found another mtp_detect-0.15-noarch.pet (this latest needs extra go-mtpfs and mtpstatus-0.3-i486.pet download) here:http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 617#803617

Tons of thanks to 01micko + numerous contributors and v0.16's contributor :) !

HTH :?
Charlie

greengeek

Re: Media Transfer Protocol MTP

#249 Post by greengeek »

Billtoo wrote:I plugged in a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and an earlier version of the pet (0.5) saw it as a Research but couldn't mount it, the latest
pet (0.8 ) doesn't see it at all so I still need Windows to transfer files to the PlayBook.
I don't have a Playbook but do have a much newer Blackberry Leap phone and found it works well when set to handle the usb connection in "Mass Storage Mode".

I had to load exfat tools (to my Slacko 5.6 derivative) then was able to mount and unmount the Blackerry manually.

Sure - it is not as sexy as MTP but lets me transfer images, movies, documents and other files etc etc with total reliability.

I have tried various MTP utilities with Android and don't like the instability and apparent "mode changes" within the device as well as the constant battle between pupcamera and the MTP utils in Puppy competing for access.

I wonder if the Blackberry Playbook has the setting for forcing USB to "Mass Storage Mode"?

I did not like my Blackberry for the first few days, then realised it is rock solid compared to Android. Transferring pdfs, word docs and work related movies etc makes it a fantastic work tool.

wiak

#250 Post by wiak »

Yes, I've used MTP recently. It is weirdly unreliable... Sometimes when you pup a new file onto your PC for transfer over to the Android, MTP system can't see it, even if you reboot and retry. Next day, it is seen! Something odd - I presume it is related to a date timestamp issue but haven't looked into it further - too much trouble.

wiak

01101001b

#251 Post by 01101001b »

wiak wrote:Yes, I've used MTP recently. It is weirdly unreliable...
Forget that cr@p. I got tired of it. It's much better to deal with your phone data via an FTP Server app installed in your phone. In comparison, it's magic. Here you'll find another plausible solution too.

mistfire

#252 Post by mistfire »

Hello I created PupMTP, a MTP mounter. It uses simple-mtpfs. It supports multiple MTP devices. You can try if you want
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 89#1029389

mistfire

#253 Post by mistfire »

pupmtp is now integrated on woof-ce. It is now the default mtp client of puppy