gbrainy - games

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.
aen

gbrainy - games

#1 Post by aen »

I downloaded this game and all dependencies listed; the last window advised I was missing GTK2.0-binver-2.10.0. I have searched everywhere I can think of without success. Anyone running gbrainy in Lucid?

ardvark

Re: gbrainy - games

#2 Post by ardvark »

aen wrote:I downloaded this game and all dependencies listed; the last window advised I was missing GTK2.0-binver-2.10.0. I have searched everywhere I can think of without success. Anyone running gbrainy in Lucid?
Hi...

GTK2.0-binver-2.10.0 is actually a "virtual package" (see definition 3.6 here,) and as such, it doesn't appear you can install it in the traditional sense. From what I've researched, these two packages make up what is considered (if that's a way of putting it,) GTK2.0-binver-2.10.0. I know that libgtk2.0-0 is in Precise's repository using Puppy Package Manager, I'm guessing it's the same for Lucid, too. Try installing this package from there. However, libgtk-directfb-2.0-0-udeb didn't appear available, so you might need to download and install it manually.

Please keep in mind, though, that in attempting to install these packages, you may very well enter what is referred to as "dependency hell." I have no idea in your case. Proceed with caution. :wink:

If anyone has more accurate information, please feel free to post.

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

aen

gbrainy - games

#3 Post by aen »

Thanks ardvark for your help and information - much appreciated. I knew I was missing something, but could not figure out what it was. I had gbrainy running in Ubuntu a long time ago. I'm going to hold off for the time being (i.e. "dependency hell").

Interestingly, I have it running in my Win XP installation on this same machine for the time being. I normally never boot into XP, but in the past and until I am able to get a program running in Puppy I have used this fall back.

ardvark

Re: gbrainy - games

#4 Post by ardvark »

aen wrote:Thanks ardvark for your help and information - much appreciated.
You're welcome, glad I could help :)

It's good that you can still play it in XP.

Regards...