Multiple 3G USB Modems Network Configuration

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
JustDoIt

Multiple 3G USB Modems Network Configuration

#1 Post by JustDoIt »

Hi ,

How to get Multiple 3G USB modems connect to internet at the same time ?

Currently i can't connect more than 1 usb modem at the same time !

Trying with 2 usb modems plugged and mapped to ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB3:

I have used PupDial to connect to one of the 3G modem but if i try to connect to another the current connection stops and then reconnect to the other usb modem.

can i have multiple instances/configurations of PubDial to get them both work ??

Is there any alternative dialer that could do the job ?

is there any way to achieve this as i already could have more than 1 Ethernet connection at the same time.

Thanks

rerwin

#2 Post by rerwin »

JustDoIt,
The alternative dialer is pgprs. Although that may not do what you want, there is still hope. I have been reworking pgprs and adding its capability to frisbee, so am familiar with its innards. I, too, would like to attempt multiple 3G connections, but do not have the ability to test 3G. I am willing to work with you on an experiment to make multiple connections possible. At worst, we would find that it is not reasonable to attempt. But we won't know unless we try.

My new version of pgprs (1.5) is here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 398#757398

The frisbee-1.2 alternative can be installed only if your puppy (which you have not identified) already contains frisbee-1.1.
Richard

tone

#3 Post by tone »

I designed and developed a program (Frubee) that also allows to connect multiple 3G USB modem (multiple pppd).
For direction, read How to use Frubee for multiconnection