Fatdog64-630 & 631 Final (May 12 2014)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
chapchap70

#601 Post by chapchap70 »

Thanks; Got Bash version 4.2.49 working in FD620.

irishrm

#602 Post by irishrm »

Jamesbond.

Installed bash successful.

Thanks for the instructions.

Irishrm.

Gobbi

#603 Post by Gobbi »

Thank you jamesbond :!:
Installed bash following your instructions on FD630 and FD620 . It's working good now . :D

JustGreg

#604 Post by JustGreg »

I followed the instructions with the latest package for bash (bash-4.2-X86_64-4.txz), Everything is working fine. The latest package is usable. I tested the new version (4.2.51) using the following in a terminal window

Code: Select all

curl --insecure https://shellshocker.net/shellshock_test.sh | bash 
The particular code is from the post on the bash problem in Security. No vulnerabilities were found. Thank you for the instructions.
Enjoy life, Just Greg
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

trackpoint-user

trackpoint scroll button

#605 Post by trackpoint-user »

Hello, brand new Fatdog user here with one problem. My thinkpad has 3 buttons below the keyboard for when using the trackpoint. The middle of those three buttons usually works as a scroll wheel when held down. This doesn't work in fatdog64 and makes browsing the net not very enjoyable.

In puppy precise, I used a fix for xorg.conf found from some blog, which worked perfectly

Code: Select all

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Buttons" "5"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2" #mouse0protocol
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	Option      "Name" "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint"
	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
	Option      "EmulateWheel" "on"
	Option      "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
	Option      "EmulateWheelTimeOut" "200"
	Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
	Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" #scrollwheel
	Option      "Vendor" "Sysp"
EndSection
Fatdog64, from what I can tell, has a different setup with the xorg.confs as there are 3 of them. Tried fitting that code in but it did nothing.

Anyone know how to fix this? The button currently pastes and I don't want that.

Ted Dog

#606 Post by Ted Dog »

lol linux 3 button mice. Its a legacy thing. you are lucky it still works.. or unlucky, sorry can`t help you. Just wanted to point out the early problems with linux and the LACK of 3 button mice in the MSDOS/Windows world, back in the day.

kirk

#607 Post by kirk »

Fatdog64, from what I can tell, has a different setup with the xorg.confs as there are 3 of them. Tried fitting that code in but it did nothing.
Fatdog64 doesn't use a xorg.conf by default. Xorg is configured by the files in /usr/X11R7/lib64/X11/xorg.conf.d/. The 3 files you see in /etc/X11/ are skeletons for an old xorgwizard. So you have two options:

1) Create a blank file /usr/X11R7/lib64/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-mouse.conf and paste the tweaks you listed in there.

or

2) Open a terminal and type xorgwizard-kirk. That will create an /etc/X11/xorg.conf that you can edit.

trackpoint-user

#608 Post by trackpoint-user »

kirk wrote: 1) Create a blank file /usr/X11R7/lib64/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-mouse.conf and paste the tweaks you listed in there.

or

2) Open a terminal and type xorgwizard-kirk. That will create an /etc/X11/xorg.conf that you can edit.
Tried both, still nothing :( Do i need to tell fatdog to look for either of those two files somehow, or is it automatic?

trackpoint-user

#609 Post by trackpoint-user »

Ted Dog wrote:lol linux 3 button mice. Its a legacy thing. you are lucky it still works.. or unlucky, sorry can`t help you. Just wanted to point out the early problems with linux and the LACK of 3 button mice in the MSDOS/Windows world, back in the day.

I find hitting the scroll button even on a normal mouse to be the best way to go through a document or webpage quickly. What you say is surprising because I assumed most people used it similarly. Guess I'm just weird

BTW can you please tell me what you did to add MTP to your remaster earlier in the thread? MTP support doesn't seem to be in the package manager.

neerajkolte

#610 Post by neerajkolte »

trackpoint-user wrote:BTW can you please tell me what you did to add MTP to your remaster earlier in the thread? MTP support doesn't seem to be in the package manager.
I am using go-mtpfs and MTPconnect 0.9 in Fatdog64. Thanks to @tempestuous and @can8v.

They work really well. It's fully automated.

go-mtpfs has both 32bit and 64bit versions. Get 64bit version for fatdog.
MTPconnect is same for 32bit and 64bit.

Thanks.

- Neeraj.
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code."
- Ken Thompson

“We tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.â€￾
- Amara’s Law.

Ether

#611 Post by Ether »

Dumb newbie question: Does Fatdog631 use an SMP kernel?

Ted Dog

#612 Post by Ted Dog »

yes.. I can't think of a 64bit single core... but there has to be one somewhere.

Avlijaner

tsMuxeR

#613 Post by Avlijaner »

Hi guys! I am new to Fatdog64 and appreciate your work.
Is there a way to run tsMuxerGUI in Fatdog64 631 as I did in ubuntu and opensuse before? It's gui for app called tsMuxeR which basically muxes/demuxes .ts videos:
http://www.videohelp.com/download/tsMuxeR_2.6.11.tar.gz

(Not sure if this is right place for this kind of question)

James C

#614 Post by James C »

Ted Dog wrote:yes.. I can't think of a 64bit single core... but there has to be one somewhere.
We've got the old reliable Athlon 64....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlon_64

I have several...solid,reliable old cpu.

step

#615 Post by step »

James C wrote:
Ted Dog wrote:yes.. I can't think of a 64bit single core... but there has to be one somewhere.
We've got the old reliable Athlon 64....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlon_64

I have several...solid,reliable old cpu.
Running Athlon 64 as I type... Solid! :)
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Fatdog64-810[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/hqZtiB]+Packages[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/6dbEzT]Kodi[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/JQC4Vz]gtkmenuplus[/url]

rufwoof

#616 Post by rufwoof »

Download the most recent 6xx series stable Fatdog, extracted vmlinuz and initrd from the iso, packed initrd into a initrd.gz and dropped that and vmlinuz into a PXE server running on Slacko 5.3.3

Booted son's HP Pavilion PC (relatively recent Windows PC with UEFI), hit escape as powering up and set config to use legacy, non-secure booting. Booted via Net Card and Fatdog loaded up just fine. Restarts windows afterwards fine also.

Downloaded Libre and Openshot, both worked as expected. For openshot tried out scrolling title and animated titles and both worked great (missing (full) inkscape is required however to edit titles)

Fatdog is a nice clean Puppy - like it. Great stuff.

Aung

Mobile broardband dashboard

#617 Post by Aung »

install: missing file operand
I tried to install mobile broadband from my dongle and only got this far. Is this because Fatdog is already running as root? (opened terminal inside the broadband folder) Is there something in "install" that can be changed to fix "install' ?
The dongle is vodafone, unlocked, but the cd-rom icon appears in the desktop and from previous experience that stops the dongle from working.
OR
can someone translate this into kangaroo english, (with a how to) this bit,

'register the auto run settings into the current system'.

And
To integrated the Linux Driver tool into the third dashboard application:
call "install norestart" in the installation tool of the third dashboard application.
This call scheme will disable the restarting function in the tool installation.
And after the third dashboard application installed, its installation tool must restart the current system.
1.Installation

And the can copy usbmod file to /sbin/
copy startMobilePartner file to /sbin/
copy 10-Huawei-Datacard.rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d/
register the auto run settings into the current system.
To make the settings applied, you must restart the system.
b. To integrated the Linux Driver tool into the third dashboard application:
call "install norestart" in the installation tool of the third dashboard application.
This call scheme will disable the restarting function in the tool installation.
And after the third dashboard application installed, its installation tool must restart the current system.
Attachments
install.txt.bz2
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

Pelo

what is the password ?

#618 Post by Pelo »

what is the password ?
Attachments
mdpfatdog.jpg
pfeee !
(62.01 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Ted Dog

#619 Post by Ted Dog »

Wouldn't matter something is bad in that computer like not enough memory to find the sfs file which was imbedded within inird. Buldog is an error in starting script.

Pelo

Do i need a password ?

#620 Post by Pelo »

This is VirtualBox which I allocated 657 MB space. I am surprised it wouldn't be enough. But you a right, start with 512MB restricted memory makes Fatdog arrive on desktop without a problem...
Do i need a password ? version is 631.