Fatdog64-630 & 631 Final (May 12 2014)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
rufwoof

#616 Post by rufwoof »

Download the most recent 6xx series stable Fatdog, extracted vmlinuz and initrd from the iso, packed initrd into a initrd.gz and dropped that and vmlinuz into a PXE server running on Slacko 5.3.3

Booted son's HP Pavilion PC (relatively recent Windows PC with UEFI), hit escape as powering up and set config to use legacy, non-secure booting. Booted via Net Card and Fatdog loaded up just fine. Restarts windows afterwards fine also.

Downloaded Libre and Openshot, both worked as expected. For openshot tried out scrolling title and animated titles and both worked great (missing (full) inkscape is required however to edit titles)

Fatdog is a nice clean Puppy - like it. Great stuff.

Aung

Mobile broardband dashboard

#617 Post by Aung »

install: missing file operand
I tried to install mobile broadband from my dongle and only got this far. Is this because Fatdog is already running as root? (opened terminal inside the broadband folder) Is there something in "install" that can be changed to fix "install' ?
The dongle is vodafone, unlocked, but the cd-rom icon appears in the desktop and from previous experience that stops the dongle from working.
OR
can someone translate this into kangaroo english, (with a how to) this bit,

'register the auto run settings into the current system'.

And
To integrated the Linux Driver tool into the third dashboard application:
call "install norestart" in the installation tool of the third dashboard application.
This call scheme will disable the restarting function in the tool installation.
And after the third dashboard application installed, its installation tool must restart the current system.
1.Installation

And the can copy usbmod file to /sbin/
copy startMobilePartner file to /sbin/
copy 10-Huawei-Datacard.rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d/
register the auto run settings into the current system.
To make the settings applied, you must restart the system.
b. To integrated the Linux Driver tool into the third dashboard application:
call "install norestart" in the installation tool of the third dashboard application.
This call scheme will disable the restarting function in the tool installation.
And after the third dashboard application installed, its installation tool must restart the current system.
Attachments
install.txt.bz2
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

Pelo

what is the password ?

#618 Post by Pelo »

what is the password ?
Attachments
mdpfatdog.jpg
pfeee !
(62.01 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Ted Dog

#619 Post by Ted Dog »

Wouldn't matter something is bad in that computer like not enough memory to find the sfs file which was imbedded within inird. Buldog is an error in starting script.

Pelo

Do i need a password ?

#620 Post by Pelo »

This is VirtualBox which I allocated 657 MB space. I am surprised it wouldn't be enough. But you a right, start with 512MB restricted memory makes Fatdog arrive on desktop without a problem...
Do i need a password ? version is 631.

Ted Dog

#621 Post by Ted Dog »

You may use regular computer and using fatdog tool remaster so sfs is removed from initrd.gz and mounted separately. Second you can run fatdog64 in a sandbox within fatdog64 which is much faster than virtualbox without the added over head. There is also a second method that offers virtual fatdog64 that is slower but secure since it only runs virtual fatdog64 as main is resting. There are many ways pure linux that doesn't need the virtualbox environment. Real linux servers do not use virtualbox to virtualize. Have fun. But if you get bulldog prompt something is short on resources. Check FAQ in Fatdog64 browser homepage for answers to your questions.

Pelo

I use Virtualbox for casting

#622 Post by Pelo »

Well understood. I use Virtualbox for casting, a first selection. There are so many distros. Fatdog is a 64 bits Puppy. (Already installed in one of my pendrives)
In fact i was testing a screen cast program under Windows, and i choose a Fatdog ISO of my tool case, because FatDog is worth of a video on You Tube (boot scripts).
Nevertheless i did'nt found this password on Fatdog documentation, they say type 'fatdog' for user, but blank as password is refused.

Imagine that your are a non speaking english person, not a linuxian, what would you do after a hard day at work, arriving at home, Would you read all the english documentation ? :) Don't mind....

Ted Dog

#623 Post by Ted Dog »

I think JamesBond is Italian but could be wrong, if that helps Kirk is a Floridan which is a subset of Southern US with heavy Yank and Caribbean influences

L18L

Re: I use Virtualbox for casting

#624 Post by L18L »

Pelo wrote:Imagine that your are a non speaking english person, not a linuxian, what would you do after a hard day at work, arriving at home, Would you read all the english documentation ?
Image I would choose a distro which has localization.

Maybe Fatdog64-701 is what you need?
Documentation (and something else) has yet to be translated by you.

Ted Dog

#625 Post by Ted Dog »

We do have a French sub fourm.

chapchap70

Files Disappearing on reboot

#626 Post by chapchap70 »

I compiled Hiawatha 10.2 and installed some files into /usr/local/var/www/ I also unpacked Banshee there. On a reboot, the directories remain but not the files in those directories. I did notice some error when booting; something to the effect of "cannot stat /var something or other, no file or directory" The message flashes too quick for me to see the whole thing.

What am I doing that causes this? Would this happen on the newer Fatdogs, I am using 631.

jamesbond

Re: Files Disappearing on reboot

#627 Post by jamesbond »

Haha, I'm surprised that 600 series is still alive.
chapchap70 wrote:What am I doing that causes this?
You may be using an older Fatdog (the latest 631 SFS, but probably older kernel/initrd)? Earlier Fatdogs (earlier than June 2013) deletes everything under /var and /usr/local/var/ and only keeps the directories. Fatdog 621 has this problem, 630 onwards not. In 630 and newer, only /var/cache, /var/lock, /var/locks/ and /var/run (and their /usr/local/var/ variants) are cleaned out.
Would this happen on the newer Fatdogs, I am using 631.
No, see above.
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]