puppy v2 boot error (solved thanks for help command worked)

Using applications, configuring, problems
jus407

puppy v2 boot error (solved thanks for help command worked)

#1 Post by jus407 »

when i boot puppy (grub) it says unable to read (or access not sure) /tmp/bootcnt.txt then another line that says there was an input/output error and it tries loading some other program i believe to try to fix it and it cannot access it then it says type reboot to reboot i am pretty sure it was a program i installed so be carefull guys not sure what program it was ( i instaleld a bunch at the time and when i went to reboot it to get the dotpups to show up on start bar and stuff it wouldnt boot... any suggestions i checked my dev/hda1/tmp/ folder and it shows 3 files are corrupt (input/output error) i cannot deleteem or move em i tried re-installign puppy twice same thing those files are stuck there...
Last edited by jus407 on Fri 07 Jul 2006, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.

raffy

hard drive

#2 Post by raffy »

Maybe it is a hard drive problem? try using "fsck /dev/hda1" in console of a live-cd/RAM-only boot. For more of fsck, type "man fsck" in console.

Nathan F

#3 Post by Nathan F »

Exactly the right advice, you have a corrupt filesystem that needs fixed. At least that's my best guess.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

jus407

#4 Post by jus407 »

im not sure i dont believe i completely installed a program when shutting down, but i will do the console command.