Skype Not Closing Correctly

Please post any bugs you have found
ecomoney

Skype Not Closing Correctly

#1 Post by ecomoney »

Hi, I use skype a lot with my business, and Ive noticed the following bug

When I first start ym pc, skype works fine, but if If close it again, when I reopen it and try and log in it gives the messages "login failed". Lookin in the running processes (kill process under the shortcut bar) after I have closed skype there are still several processes running. If I manually kill them then I can re-login to skype with no problems.

Perhaps the .pup needs updating to the latest linux version?
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I've had the same problem with Skype, not the dotpup but the static binary which I downloaded from the Skype website and installed in Puppy. I guess the bug is in Skype not Puppy, but who knows. Have you tried to find anything about it in Skype's forum?

MU

#3 Post by MU »

you could run it from a shellscript

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

killall skype
or similar.
Mark

ecomoney

Skype Problem

#4 Post by ecomoney »

After a quick scan of the skype forums (of course excuse me!) it would seem that this is a common problem for Linux Skype users. I found plenty of evidence that Skype put their linux development way down their priority list (even the installs for ubuntu were faulty and had been for some time). Thats closed source I guess....

Now Wengo..thats a different matter. From Britain its around half the price to make a call compared with skype, its open source and its linux fork is very active.

UPDATE:- Recently I found another S.I.P. compatable phone which Im figuring out how to set up here.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!