Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 04:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Blue Pup V6 Released 11th Oct 2014
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 19 of 20 [294 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
ETP

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug 2014, 15:03    Post subject: Blue Pup V4  

Hi Raj,

In the original post in this thread I commented that Blue would be likely to polarise opinion knowing that the mere sight of anything resembling the Metro interface would put some people off even trying it! A few posts later I commented as follows:

My thinking behind this release is to offer the bling that is fashionable and likely to attract youngsters to try and experience the benefits of Linux. Witness their obsession with smart-phones and fondle slabs. If we fail to keep pace with the times and only major on code and functionality at the expense of form, we will stand little chance of attracting the next generation to Linux who will perceive the traditional desktop as something archaic only suited to geeks or grandfathers.

I use XP Pro on a daily basis but agree that MS have lost their way, managing to hide sometimes great features behind an extremely messy user hostile interface.
Other goals for Blue were Chromebook like speed together with ease of use. It attempts to combine the best of two OSs in a manner that is, like it or not, currently fashionable.

Please be assured that that your comments have not caused offence. Given that you have a new HP laptop with Win 8.1 it will probably have a USB3 port. If you install Blue to a USB3 stick you will be able to draw an objective comparison.

Blue has received the following reviews:
V1
http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/news/business/netxpress/pup-an-adorable-operating-system/article_9443416f-a8bc-5c9d-8f7d-95e610b7bea3.html

V3
www.linuxinsider.com/story/80483.html

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Linux-Distributions/Blue-Pup-103459.shtml

www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=139276

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/420140/did-blue-pup-jump-shark-its-windows-8-metro-interface

V4 (Not yet reviewed)

BTW – Blue Pup sticks are in fact movable between PCs.

ETP

PostPosted: Thu 18 Sep 2014, 09:06    Post subject: Optional Hot Screen Sides Toggle Pet for Blue Pup V4
Subject description: (Plus other issues)

Optional Hot Screen Sides Toggle Pet for Blue Pup V4

In Blue Pup V4 hot screen sides are enabled by default. This feature may however not always be desirable if for example, you were using a small netbook. In addition whilst it is fine for everyday use, if you were working on something with multiple windows open and could easily inadvertently bump the mouse pointer into one of the sides it is convenient to toggle it off.

If you turn it off permanently, the easiest way of switching between the desktop and the Metro interface is the two digit toggle first introduced in V2. (Press the right hand Windows or menu key with your thumb followed by the enter key with your index finger.)

This pet creates a toggle menu item at the top of the JWM desktop menu. In addition the .desktop file needs to be dragged onto the desktop. Upon clicking the icon a screen popup will appear inviting you to restart the X-server to give effect to the change. In addition both the JWM menu icon and the desktop icon will change colour to reflect the status. (Red-Enabled Blue-Disabled). This gives an immediate visual indication of the current state as the OS boots.

Installation:

1. Install the attached pet then reboot.

2. Using Rox navigate to /usr/share/applications/HotScreenSides.desktop and drag that file onto the desktop.

3. Right click the icon and edit it to remove the text beneath and optionally assign it a hotkey. (I assigned the Scroll-Lock)

Other Issues:

Chinese Language Pets for Blue Pup V4.
Thanks go to forum member icake.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=786047#786047

Flash
Adobe has released a security update (11.2.202.406) for Linux Flash.
To update to this latest version run "GetFlash" off the JWM Internet sub-menu.

Thunderbird
Version 31.1.1 is now available.
To update it, please see item 7 in the second post of this thread.

N/B – Pet alert has been turned on & will remain so for 72 hours.
BlueHotScreenSidesToggle-V1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  BlueHotScreenSidesToggle-V1.pet 
Filesize  1.52 KB 
Downloaded  45 Time(s) 
image-3.png
 Description   Composite shot showing both hot & cold states of screen sides desktop icon.
 Filesize   175.84 KB
 Viewed   1207 Time(s)

image-3.png

ETP

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 14:37    Post subject: Optional Boot Toggle Pet for Blue Pup V4  

Optional Boot Toggle Pet for Blue Pup V4

This is another toggle switch pet similar to the “Optional Hot Screen Sides Toggle Pet for Blue Pup V4”

Installing the pet creates a new menu item at the top of the JWM desktop menu. In this case there is no need for a desktop icon.

The switch determines the default behaviour at boot-up allowing you to select between booting just to the traditional desktop or the Metro interface.

Upon clicking the menu item a screen popup will appear inviting you to restart the X-server to give effect to the change.

If you elect to boot just to the desktop, the Metro interface may be launched by any of the following means:

• The left hand Windows key.

• Kissing the left hand side of the screen with the mouse pointer if hot screen sides are enabled.

• Pressing the right hand Windows or menu key with your thumb to launch the desktop panel followed by the enter key with your index finger.

Installation:

1. Install the attached pet then reboot.

N/B – Pet alert has been turned on & will remain so for 72 hours.
BlueMetroBootToggle-V1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  BlueMetroBootToggle-V1.pet 
Filesize  2.94 KB 
Downloaded  43 Time(s) 

ETP

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep 2014, 02:36    Post subject: Blue Pup V5 – Released 30th Sept 2014  

Blue Pup V5 – Released 30th Sept 2014

V4 was intended to be the final release of Blue Pup but I reckoned without the ongoing changes to Skype for Linux. The Skype fix pet issued on 22nd Aug which allowed us to continue to run 4.2 has now been blocked so it is time to change tack.

This version contains the Skype 4.3.0.37 dotpet produced by watchdog that contains the apulse fix which basically fools Skype into believing that the pulseaudio server is running.

Major change since V4:

OOTB V5 will boot to the desktop rather than the Metro interface and “hot screen sides” will be disabled. (Indicated by a blue square icon on the desktop). This simplifies things for new users and facilitates setup. It also affords the opportunity to get used to using the various hotkeys before engaging the hot sides and/or the direct to Metro boot. Toggle switches for both items appear at the top of the JWM desktop sub-menu.

Other minor changes since V4:

1. Image size reduced to 317 MB.
2. Latest versions of Flash, Thunderbird and Chrome extensions.
3. New default leather effect wallpaper & logo.
4. New Google Cast extension – very good with YouTube. (Google Chromecast required)
5. Xpad sticky notes 4.0 added.
6. For V5 there now remains only one optional dotpet - BlueScreenSaver.pet. All other service packs and previously optional pets having been incorporated.
7. “Talky” - WebRTC icon added to Metro interface.

The target installation device remains as an 8GB or larger USB2 or USB3 stick. It is advisable to at least read the first two posts in this thread for details of the other features. Those posts also contain numerous links to other posts that you may wish to consult later.

Subsequent install to a hard disc/SSD is detailed here:

www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=763231#763231

Where to obtain the image: (blue_pup_v5.img.xz) - (317 MB)

The image plus win32diskimager-v0.7-binary together with their MD5s are to be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_iVVJCd9q09YS1jU1BwYnRQcGM&usp=sharing

Install Procedure:

Using Windows: (This is the recommended method when available)
7-Zip should be used to decompress the image. It will decompress to 3.74GB so please ensure that you have at least that much free space available.
Use win32diskimager to place the image on the stick.

A detailed win32diskimager guide is to be found here:
www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=765457#765457

Using Linux:

The commands for Blue Pup V5 are: (substitute actual target device letter for X)

Code:
# xz --decompress --stdout blue_pup_v5.img.xz > /dev/sdX
# sync

N/B (Regardless of method used.)
If you first attempt to boot the stick on the same pc or laptop that you used to create it, make sure that before doing so, you shut down the device and remove all mains power from it for a couple of minutes.
This will ensure that your BIOS refreshes its view of the stick and sees it as bootable.
When you boot-up, access your BIOS to place the stick at the top of your boot order.
It may appear as a bootable ZIP or USB hard disc depending on your particular BIOS.

Setup Procedure:

Remains as detailed in the first post of this thread. (Slightly amended in the light of V5)

Final Thoughts:

The use of the inbuilt “Hot screen sides” utility is described in this post:

www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=771604#771604

This feature takes a little getting used to but swiftly becomes addictive.

The custom “Orbital” wallpaper from V4 is still present if you prefer that desktop look.
The Metro tiles look best when arranged in a neat rectangle that almost fills the screen. With a small 10.6 inch screen a zoom level of 67% should do that. With a larger 23 inch monitor levels of 110% or 125% can be applied.
To zoom in and out, hold down the CTRL key then tap the plus or minus keys. Alternately hold down the CTRL key & zoom using the scroll wheel on your mouse.
If you opt to have a Metro panel that is larger than your screen the mouse scroll wheel can be used to pan left and right.
When using “Hot screen sides” the use of a mouse with a scroll wheel is essential as using a vertical scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen is difficult if an accidental side trigger is to be avoided.
EDIT:
A slideshow of V4/V5 can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sIk3a0bcaOQP8ievTTIKuuRx3hO-OJG7FO403Nhbnsk/edit#slide=id.p
V5-DT.jpg
 Description   V5 desktop with panel raised, tickr running & hot screen sides disabled.
 Filesize   47.13 KB
 Viewed   1054 Time(s)

V5-DT.jpg

V5-METRO.jpg
 Description   V5 Metro interface with new Google Cast logo, wallpaper & “Talky” tile.
 Filesize   67.87 KB
 Viewed   1070 Time(s)

V5-METRO.jpg

Last edited by ETP on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:14; edited 2 times in total
gcmartin

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep 2014, 03:41    Post subject:  

I applaud the good work you have done to keep this distro current. It brings a new use of desktop management for this community to begin approaching. I understand what you've done and why you bring this for our use. THANKS! Very Happy

2 questions that come to mind:
  • The BASH issue found last week AND has BLUE addressed it?
  • With what you've done, has there been any additional thought given in use of touch screen devices? (Reason: TaZoC's Lighthouse is the ONLY PUP distro which has made any headway for simple touch-screen app use and menu use when tapping an open area of the screen. The large buttons of METRO are geared for easy finger work.
I use an older HP touch laptop in seminars and presentations, my finger is my pointer.

This is a very LOW priority set of questions.

ETP

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:12    Post subject: Blue Pup V5–Released 30th Sept 2014
Subject description: Emulates Windows 8.1 functionality - based on Quirky Tahr 6.0.5

Hi gcmartin,

Thanks for the plaudit. There are a number of threads dealing with the BASH vulnerability. I will issue a tested fix by way of a service dotpet in due course.
Unless you happen to be running a web server it appears not to be critical.

For the complete range of touch/pinch/gestures, I would suggest the full blown version of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr.
Attempting to include all the necessary components in a light weight Pup would be fraught with difficulty and add enormous bloat. Better to use a known working solution.

http://sourcedigit.com/8080-ubuntu-14-04-available-download-top-5-awesome-ubutu-14-04-trusty-tahr-features/

https://launchpad.net/canonical-multitouch

charbaby66

PostPosted: Fri 03 Oct 2014, 13:46    Post subject: I hate W8
Subject description: I could like Blue :)

The best thing about Linux is that it is not Windows Smile

You have really blown away my kids and co-workers who prefer the new fangled gear with this little number, and I thank you for the idea of having
something that appeals to the mainstream MS scared of Linux fogeys and the young crowd. In my world, this is amazing! The kids want to use it, some of the co-workers want a copy! I want to thank you for that, I have been trying to accomplish this for years... All because of a Metro screen who'da thunk?

I have been asked to get Netflix working. So far no joy. The latest Chrome/
Chrominium 37 maybe/38 yes with latest nss 3.16 is rumored to work
without wine et al. Can I update without breaking anything? (not in PPM)

I also had trouble installing to a fresh OOTB Transcend 8g using the new
Lucid 5.28. I also got the no more room on device error (or not error) so
I fired up a broken XP, installed the tools and finally created the disk. I did
have to reboot twice before Blue 5 loaded. Runs well but volume icon left
and will not return. Used ALSA wizard to set volume. Side screen unbearable
to keep running - constantly pops up with touchpad use on this Dell 610

I am going to retry an install under Slacko (which should run the above browsers/libs ergo wineless Netflix) if I can't upgrade them here.
pfft.. I just use my tablet if I need to 'flix, it's simpler, but if Metro &NF
converts the unconvertable, I'm game!

I'll keep you posted on how the install went, and if the few issues did too..
if no joy, I can do the XP deal... but my feelings are in the first line. Smile

Thanks for all the good work.
ETP

PostPosted: Sat 04 Oct 2014, 02:21    Post subject: Re: I hate W8  

Hi charbaby66,

Thanks for your feedback. V5 was released in a hurry to deal with the Skype issue and I was forced to put some other changes on hold. Specifically I had been attempting to get both “O/K Google” and VideoStream for Chrome Cast working and had tried the latest beta and dev versions of both Chromium and Chrome for Linux.

Whilst I do not use Netflix, the same NSS stuff is required. Changing to Chrome does entail changing a number of scripts. I came close but reached the conclusion that the 38.x stable version of Chrome for Linux, when released, would probably work. They are both working in my copies of Mint 17 and Manjaro. If I can get them working in Blue it is likely that Netflix will also work with the addition of the user-agent-switcher extension.
See:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-et-na-us-oc-webstrhm&utm_medium=et

Another persuasive reason for changing to Chrome is Google’s insistence on a recent release of Chrome for many of the new features in Google Apps including Drive.

The hot screen sides feature is not suitable for use with a touchpad. On a notebook a wireless mouse with a scroll wheel is recommended.

ETP

PostPosted: Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:40    Post subject: Bash Security fix for all versions of Blue Pup & QT 6.0.5  

Bash Security fix for all versions of Blue Pup.

A dotpet (bash-4.1.16.pet) is now available here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_iVVJCd9q09YS1jU1BwYnRQcGM&usp=sharing

Before applying this patch it is recommended that you use Snapshot Manager to create a snapshot. It can be found at the bottom of the JWM Filesystem sub-menu. (This utility was a stroke of genius by BARRYK and is equivalent to the Windows restore point tool)

Having installed the pet the currently patched vulnerabilities show as fixed:

Code:
GNU bash, version 4.1.16(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Test Again 04th Oct 2014
# curl --insecure https://shellshocker.net/shellshock_test.sh | bash
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  2533  100  2533    0     0   9997      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 10132
CVE-2014-6271 (original shellshock): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-6277 (segfault): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-6278 (Florian's patch): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-7169 (taviso bug): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-7186 (redir_stack bug): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-7187 (nested loops off by one): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-//// (exploit 3 on http://shellshocker.net/): not vulnerable
#

N/B – Pet alert has been turned on & will remain so for 48 hours.

step

PostPosted: Sat 04 Oct 2014, 19:22    Post subject:  

Thank you, ETP, for V5 and the bash update.
Volhout

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct 2014, 02:36    Post subject: no succes yet  

Yesterday tried to install Blue V5 on 8 Gbyte USB stick using the linux (in my case LxPup 13.11) method.
- Emptied the USB stick, ensured it was FAT.
- downloaded the image, and stored on HD
- decompressed directly to USB stick (in my case sdb1) in terminal.

It took a long time.....
I started to read this thread backward, to see what I could encounter, but after 30 minutes, still no prompt.
Went to bed ...
This morning ... a prompt. And no error messages. The decompression had finished.
sync(-ed) (but after soo many hours this should not have been needed).

And rebooted.
Just a flashing cursor on a black screen for more than 10 minutes (laptop = HP DV2000, Intel T2400). Decided this was not working.
Different laptop: Dell E6430 (intel i5). Same behaviour.

Somewhere in the proces something must have gone wrong.
During decompression, the USB stick was mounted (how else could I know it was sdb1) but not actively used (i.e. PCmanFM).
ETP

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct 2014, 04:02    Post subject: RE: no succes yet  

Hi Volhout,

The process should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. Given that the stick is now in an unknown state it would be best to return it to its virgin state before trying again.
In Linux use Gparted to do that:

1. Start by clicking on “device” then select “Create Partition Table”

2. Create a single fat32 partition spanning the whole stick accepting all other defaults.
(Do not set any flags or change anything else)

You should also confirm the checksum of the image and target just sdb rather than sdb1. Unmount the stick before targeting it and if you are not modifying the command to include the path to the img, ensure that you launch the command from a terminal window within the directory that contains the img.
You can see why I prefer the Windows method when available. Smile

Volhout

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct 2014, 07:22    Post subject: succes  

Hi ETP,

Used a W7 PC to format the stick, and 7zip to unzip. With windows image writer it worked (took zome 20 mins). I have a working USB stick now. Blue boots into JWM (not metro as in post #1) and I can toggle to metro using the menu.

On a netbook (1024x600) I scaled to 67% and have a nice metro desktop.
It boots quite quick, when I have (my own) internet tonight I will give it A GO.

Thanks for the quick reply

Volhout

ps: is there a hotkey to toggle between metro and jwm ? I noticed that there is no "browser" shortcut in the taskbar to ease life. And when I quit Chromium and restart it through the menu, to does default to the metro screen, but NOT full screen. Always in a tab. Any thoughts ?
pps: I understand the "hot sides" function now, but why bring up menu with the "quit" function every time I go to JWM ? On my netbook it is extremely large and covers most desktop icons. Every time I have to manually close it. Wasn't it better to add the 10 functions in this popup to the JWM desktop as icons ?
ETP

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:39    Post subject: Re: ps and pps  

Hi Volhout,
Quote:
ps: is there a hotkey to toggle between metro and jwm ? I noticed that there is no "browser" shortcut in the taskbar to ease life. And when I quit Chromium and restart it through the menu, to does default to the metro screen, but NOT full screen. Always in a tab. Any thoughts ?

The left hand windows key is used to launch it full screen. Please see README.txt tile on Metro interface.
Quote:
pps: I understand the "hot sides" function now, but why bring up menu with the "quit" function every time I go to JWM ? On my netbook it is extremely large and covers most desktop icons. Every time I have to manually close it. Wasn't it better to add the 10 functions in this popup to the JWM desktop as icons ?

One of the aims of Blue Pup is to provide as many alternate easy means of navigation as possible. Please see the two digit toggle described in the hot screen sides dotpet post which it provides. The panel items can be launched with the mouse or by using the arrow keys followed by the enter key.

On a small netbook in order to fit the 10 icons around the panel visit the JWM Desktop sub-menu and reduce the global font size to 84 then restart X.

ETP

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct 2014, 03:10    Post subject: Blue Pup V6 – Released 11th Oct 2014  

Blue Pup V6 – Released 11th Oct 2014

A revised 1080p slideshow covering V4, V5 & V6 can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sIk3a0bcaOQP8ievTTIKuuRx3hO-OJG7FO403Nhbnsk/edit#slide=id.p

Changes since V5:

1. Image size reduced to 293 MB.

2. Latest versions of Flash, Thunderbird and Chrome extensions.

3. New default wallpaper & custom Conky display.

4. New toggle switch on JWM Desktop menu to turn Conky display on and off.

5. Expanded README notes with original launcher on Metro tile and additional bookmark in browser.

6. For V6 there now remains only one optional dotpet - BlueScreenSaver.pet. All other service packs and previously optional pets having been incorporated.

7. On the new desktop the “Moon” appears. It seemed to fit in with the new wallpaper but is also an additional icon to launch the Metro interface. In a similar fashion to the WWW panel icon it will not launch it full screen.
To launch Metro full screen, press the left hand Windows key or kiss the left hand side of your screen with your mouse pointer if you have “Hot Screen Sides” enabled.

8. A change from Chromium to Chrome Stable 38.0.2125.101 proved problematic. I will await the next stable version but have upgraded libnss3 to 3.17.1 in anticipation.

Notes:
There are now 3 toggle switches on the JWM desktop menu. OOTB their default states are as follows:
Boot with Conky display – ENABLED
Boot with “Hot Screen Sides” – DISABLED (Can also use the desktop icon which reflects the status to toggle this feature)
Boot direct to Metro interface - DISABLED

The target installation device remains as an 8GB or larger USB2 or USB3 stick. It is advisable to at least read the first two posts in this thread for details of the other features. Those posts also contain numerous links to other posts that you may wish to consult later.

Subsequent install to a hard disc/SSD is detailed here:

www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=763231#763231

Where to obtain the image: (blue_pup_v6.img.xz) - (293 MB)

The image plus win32diskimager-v0.7-binary together with their MD5s are to be found here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_iVVJCd9q09VGZsZE5keU1vR0E&usp=sharing

Install Procedure:

Using Windows: (This is the recommended method when available)
7-Zip should be used to decompress the image. It will decompress to 3.74GB so please ensure that you have at least that much free space available.
Use win32diskimager to place the image on the stick.

A detailed win32diskimager guide is to be found here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=765457#765457

Using Linux: (Approx 20/30 minutes – monitor progress in HTOP)

The commands for Blue Pup V6 are: (substitute actual target device letter for X)

Code:
# xz --decompress --stdout blue_pup_v6.img.xz > /dev/sdX
# sync

(Only issue the sync command when the 1st command has finished)

N/B (Regardless of method used.)
If you first attempt to boot the stick on the same pc or laptop that you used to create it, make sure that before doing so, you shut down the device and remove all mains power from it for a couple of minutes.
This will ensure that your BIOS refreshes its view of the stick and sees it as bootable.
When you boot-up, access your BIOS to place the stick at the top of your boot order.
It may appear as a bootable ZIP or USB hard disc depending on your particular BIOS.

Setup Procedure:

Remains as detailed in the first post of this thread. (Slightly amended in the light of V5/V6)
(If you move a working Blue Pup USB stick to another PC repeat that procedure on the new PC. Blue is totally transportable between PCs)

Final Thoughts:

The use of the inbuilt “Hot screen sides” utility is described in this post:

www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=771604#771604
(This feature takes a little getting used to but swiftly becomes addictive)

The Metro tiles look best when arranged in a neat rectangle that almost fills the screen. With a small 10.6 inch screen a zoom level of 67% should do that. With a larger 23 inch monitor levels of 110% or 125% can be applied.
To zoom in and out, hold down the CTRL key then tap the plus or minus keys. Alternately hold down the CTRL key & zoom using the scroll wheel on your mouse.
If you opt to have a Metro panel that is larger than your screen the mouse scroll wheel can be used to pan left and right.
When using “Hot screen sides” the use of a mouse with a scroll wheel is essential as using a vertical scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen is difficult if an accidental side trigger is to be avoided.

If Blue is run on a small netbook it is probably advisable to disable both the Conky display and the “Hot Screen Sides” feature. The 2 digit toggle (RH Windows or menu key followed by the enter key) is then the swiftest means of navigation.
On a small netbook in order to fit the 11 icons around the panel visit the JWM Desktop sub-menu and reduce the global font size to 84 or 96 then restart X.
v6default_desktop_small.jpg
 Description   V6 desktop with Conky panel & hot screen sides enabled.
 Filesize   63.58 KB
 Viewed   431 Time(s)

v6default_desktop_small.jpg

v6default_metro_small.JPG
 Description   V6 Metro interface with new wallpaper.
 Filesize   68.84 KB
 Viewed   430 Time(s)

v6default_metro_small.JPG

Last edited by ETP on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 02:50; edited 2 times in total
Page 19 of 20 [294 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: