Slacko 5.7 - March 2014

Please post any bugs you have found
Sylvander

#406 Post by Sylvander »

Still using my favorite Puppy = Slacko-5.7.0 after these past few years.

Is there an easy way to update it?

I have 1 recurring problem with it:
Each time the clocks are changed, the PC time fails to stay in sync with local time.
I have it set to auto-sync with internet servers at startup/boot, but it fails to work on auto, only works when I do it manually.
Right now the displayed time is 1 hour behind [since the UK clock time was moved forward 1 hour].

The same problem from last outumn magically fixed itself a few months back when I did something with the OS [cannot remember what].

Sailor Enceladus

#407 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

@Sylvander: I tried to build 5.7 with latest woof-CE and slackware 14.0 awhile ago. It had a few minor issues but booted:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 833#942833

Might try it again this week if there's interest. One of 8Geee's 2017 remastered slacko-5.7 spins might be better, not sure.

(I'm probably not the best person to answer about just "upgrading savefiles" though as I normally run live without one)

8Geee

#408 Post by 8Geee »

I have not fixed that problem with ST to DST. Nor has Slackware, apparently as I have not seen a patch. Then again, I'm not sure which file(s) are adjusted... might be a maze.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

Sylvander

#409 Post by Sylvander »

Fixed the problem with incorrect time by simply re-specifying the time zone [Menu->Desktop->Set timezone]. :D