Certain letters overlap in Sakura terminal

Booting, installing, newbie
cubecheat

Certain letters overlap in Sakura terminal

#1 Post by cubecheat »

I'm on Slacko 5.6 and have installed Sakura-2.4.2 from the slackware-14.0-salix repository via the Puppy Package Manager.

Now, when I run Sakura, everything works out fine, except that when I type certain letters, such as "m" or "@", the tend to overlap the next letter in sequence. I've found the Sakura config file in /root/.config/sakura , but I don't really know what to do with it from there.

Now, the letter spacing thing isn't a crippling problem, as I can use urxvt as a fallback, but it is something I'd like to fix, eventually. Any suggestions?

The main reason I use Sakura is because text coloration and stuff works out of the box(especially important in roguelike games and text editors), so if you guys know how to get colored text and such working in urxvt, that would also be helpful.

Thanks for your time,
~Cubecheat

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

I'm using Sakura 2.3.8, so it might be different, but you should still hopefully be able to change the font Sakura uses (among other options). Right-click on the Sakura window and choose "Select font...". You might switch it to a monospace font of your choice, just to be safe.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

cubecheat

#3 Post by cubecheat »

Thanks Makoto, that seems to have fixed all my problems splendidly. It sounds so silly, but I didn't think to right click on the window. Didn't know there were options hidden in there. :shock:

Problem solv'd
~cubecheat