how do I turn off "saving ram to pupsavefile" notice

Booting, installing, newbie
mtzlplex

how do I turn off "saving ram to pupsavefile" notice

#1 Post by mtzlplex »

Good day to all. I am running Puppy Slacko 5.6 from a 8gb Sandisk flash drive. It would sure be nice to be able to "not" have Puppy tell me it is "saving ram to pupsavefile", I find the notice some what irritating. Is there a terminal command/setting in puppy to turn off puppy giving this notification? Thanks for any tips/advice.

Regards
mtzlplex

Bushbuck

Re: how do I turn off "saving ram to pupsavefile" notice

#2 Post by Bushbuck »

mtzlplex wrote:Good day to all. I am running Puppy Slacko 5.6 from a 8gb Sandisk flash drive. It would sure be nice to be able to "not" have Puppy tell me it is "saving ram to pupsavefile", I find the notice some what irritating. Is there a terminal command/setting in puppy to turn off puppy giving this notification? Thanks for any tips/advice.

Regards
mtzlplex
I don't know how to turn off the message.

You can change the interval between the auto-saves, or you can disable the feature completely by choosing an interval of 0 minutes. Look in Menu, Utility, PupControl->System->EventManager->SaveSession for details.

Remember you can always start a save by using the icon on the desktop.

mtzlplex

#3 Post by mtzlplex »

Thanks for the guidance Bushbuck, it was what I needed. I appreciate your taking time to help with my question.

Regards
mtzlplex

greenknight32+

Thanks for the info

#4 Post by greenknight32+ »

Bushbuck, just what I needed. I installed 0 A.D. game, that auto-saving makes the game freeze.

perdido

#5 Post by perdido »

One more option, options are nice.

Sometimes I like to save at the end of a session, sometimes not.

Forum member shinobar made a pet named pupsave-config that does just that, asks if you wish to save to pupsave when shutting down. That way you don't see "saving to pupsave" during session if you don't want it, but you can still use red button to save during session.

Tha latest version is pupsaveconfig-2.2.5.pet, you can get at following link

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60678