VOKOSCREEN so easy to install, now, in 2016

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Pelo

xenialPup will install Vokoscreen on your computer

#16 Post by Pelo »

:) xenialPup will install Vokoscreen on your computer ! nothing to do, only to choose it in The PPM packages
Attachments
Vokoscreen.jpg
Merci Xenialpup !
(37.71 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Pelo

VLC needs VDPAU to reed my Vokoscreen videos

#17 Post by Pelo »

VLC needs VDPAU to reed my Vokoscreen videos
VDPAU is supported for decoding since VLC version 2.1.0, and for post-processing and rendering since VLC 2.2.0 (still in development as of late 2013).

VDPAU will be enabled automatically by default in VLC version 2.2.0 onward. Refer to http://www.remlab.net/op/vlc-vdpau.shtml for technical details. (2.2.2 default version provided by Xenialpup)

The following video codecs are supported for decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Visual (and possibly H.263), WMV3, VC-1 and H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC). Almost all video codecs are supported for post-processing and rendering.

Pelo

VLC in Xenialpup miss libraries (2.2.2) Vdpau.

#18 Post by Pelo »

Parole in my X-slacko slim plays the video recorded by Vokoscreen. VLC in Xenialpup miss libraries (2.2.2) Vdpau.

smokey01

#19 Post by smokey01 »

I compiled vokoscreen in FD710. The video is good but the sound is choppy and inaudible. I like the functions it provides but the sound is a deal breaker.

Pelo

Did you check pulse audio settings ?

#20 Post by Pelo »

Did you check pulse audio settings ? Perhaps you miss some stuff for pulse audio. (i am still a poor newbie in Linux, perhaps my remark is silly)

smokey01

Re: Did you check pulse audio settings ?

#21 Post by smokey01 »

Pelo wrote:Did you check pulse audio settings ? Perhaps you miss some stuff for pulse audio. (i am still a poor newbie in Linux, perhaps my remark is silly)
Hi Pelo, It suppose to work with Pulse or ALSA. Fatdog uses ALSA so I tried that first. When that didn't work I tried the Pulse emulator in Fatdog, still didn't work. I should say in both cases didn't work very well as the sound was inaudible.

I then downloaded the ffmpeg binary the author suggested which was an earlier version than Fatdogs, but still no luck. I really like the look of vokoscreen but it looks like a no go here :cry:

Pelo

i agree with Smokey01

#22 Post by Pelo »

Smokey01, they are better and easier application than Vokoscreen..
I used it once or twice, but SSR is really the best for our Puppies.
in my opinion, of course. i only do tutorials.

smokey01

#23 Post by smokey01 »

I used to use SSR but I'm having trouble compiling it in FD710.

Got it done. Used a slackbuild. Just had to modify the script to use qt5.

It works pretty well. I think I will keep it.

gcmartin

#24 Post by gcmartin »

Maybe someone could email or contact Vokoscreen's author of this problem.

smokey01

#25 Post by smokey01 »

gcmartin wrote:Maybe someone could email or contact Vokoscreen's author of this problem.
Already done and I've received a reply. He's working on it.