Gogglesmm-0.12.7-i686 Compiled in Precise 5.6.1

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
scabz

Gogglesmm-0.12.7-i686 Compiled in Precise 5.6.1

#1 Post by scabz »

Gogglesmm Website http://gogglesmm.github.io/
googlesmm is a great music manager and player for low powered computers,works great on my eeepc. Super fast and light weight.

gogglesmm-0.12.7-1-i686.pet Download (Compiled with static fox-1.6.49-i686 so it is not needed anymore) known issue the tray icon does not work in JWM but works in other window managers, so if needed use other window manager or do not enable tray icon for JWM

Required dependences (you may need other libs for your version of Puppy,this was compiled in 5.6.1)

xine-lib-1.2.4-i686.pet Download

If you want DEV,DOC or NLS pets they are all in my repo. Everyting needed to compile is also in my repo
Link to my repo https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cc4nim ... cise_5.6.1
Last edited by scabz on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

gogglesguy

#2 Post by gogglesguy »

Have you tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1? I'm curious how it performs compared to 0.12.x on your system since it no longer uses xine.

scabz

#3 Post by scabz »

Have you tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1? I'm curious how it performs compared to 0.12.x on your system since it no longer uses xine.
Nope i haven't tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1 , i will try later when i can and report back.

scabz

#4 Post by scabz »

I just compiled gogglesmm-0.13.1 with static fox-1.7.46 , static taglib-1.9 and
static glew-1.9.0 I had no problems compiling it mostly went smooth besides i had to link some header files and of course the pain of static fox and such.

performance wise seems to be just as fast if not faster then 0.12.x, i like the fact that 0.13.1 has its own icons. Puppy doesnt come stock with the icons that 0.12.x needed. Its great that it doesnt need xinelib anymore but Would be nice to have wma support. i hate the fact that i still have some music in wma format from my old windows days.

0.13.1 still has the same issue with the tray icon in jwm.

Overall a great app easy to use and fast!!! :D

gogglesguy

#5 Post by gogglesguy »

scabz wrote: 0.13.1 still has the same issue with the tray icon in jwm.
I tried jwm 2.2 yesterday on my regular machine and the tray icon seems to work fine for me. So I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

gogglesguy

#6 Post by gogglesguy »

scabz wrote:Its great that it doesnt need xinelib anymore but Would be nice to have wma support. i hate the fact that i still have some music in wma format from my old windows days.
WMA support may come at some point, once I've integrated ffmpeg. It doesn't have a high priority, patches are accepted though :)

666philb

#7 Post by 666philb »

scabz wrote:I just compiled gogglesmm-0.13.1 with static fox-1.7.46 , static taglib-1.9 and
static glew-1.9.0 I had no problems compiling it mostly went smooth besides i had to link some header files and of course the pain of static fox and such.
hi scabz' any chance of a pet?
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

gogglesguy

#8 Post by gogglesguy »

666philb wrote:
scabz wrote:I just compiled gogglesmm-0.13.1 with static fox-1.7.46 , static taglib-1.9 and
hi scabz' any chance of a pet?
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=92815

666philb

#9 Post by 666philb »

cheers gogglesguy...... gogglesmm is a lovely audio player/manager, a few things though.....

shame that the jwm tray icon hasn't been fixed ..... (or rather made to work on puppy :) )

also for instance .... in deadbeef i can right click on a folder in rox and send it to deadbeef and it plays .... in gogglesmm i get

Code: Select all

no input plugin available for /mnt/sda1/blah/blah/blah
is there a way to pass files to gogglesmm without using it's own importer?

thanks
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

gogglesguy

#10 Post by gogglesguy »

666philb wrote:cheers gogglesguy...... gogglesmm is a lovely audio player/manager, a few things though.....

shame that the jwm tray icon hasn't been fixed ..... (or rather made to work on puppy :) )

also for instance .... in deadbeef i can right click on a folder in rox and send it to deadbeef and it plays .... in gogglesmm i get

Code: Select all

no input plugin available for /mnt/sda1/blah/blah/blah
is there a way to pass files to gogglesmm without using it's own importer?
You can play files without importing through the "File System" source.

So perhaps if you open gogglesmm with a folder it could open the File System source. Or not... it all depends on what you expect from a library-based-music player. May be it should open the import dialog with the given folder.

Perhaps you should be able to drag-n-drop a folder onto the File System source which will then nagivate to such folder.

Pelo

does not start on my laptop Medion Akoya from germania.

#11 Post by Pelo »

"googlesmm is a great music manager and player for low powered computers,works great on my eeepc". Super fast and light weight.
Scabz can be happy, while i worry :!:
does not start on my laptop Medion Akoya from germania. My repair staff busy this morning to repair my jukebox.

Have you tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1?

version 0131 perhaps has some bugs. Wait an see, i shall feed back what they found missing in my Racy 5.3. This jukebox refuses playing with Precise 5.7.1 too.
What does this english spoken topic give me for repairing ? translating to french..

# gogglesmm
gogglesmm: error while loading shared libraries: libFOX-1.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#
solved with pet provided above :
gogglesmm-0.12.7-1-i686.pet: 1393 K

But
# gogglesmm
gogglesmm: error while loading shared libraries: libtag.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#
"I just compiled gogglesmm-0.13.1 with static fox-1.7.46 , static taglib-1.9 and
static glew-1.9.0
" scabz compiles, pelo does not.

gogglesmm-0.13.1-i686.pet: 2114 K merci scabz
# gogglesmm
gogglesmm: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#
Attachments
Brigitte.jpg
Succès avec Tahrpup XFCE
(44.78 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 29 Jul 2016, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

different jukeboxes much more easier...

#12 Post by Pelo »

User Pelo abandon, will miss office to day. he does not really Gogglesmm, here are different jukeboxes much more easier...
I let compilers compile, untill completely serviceable for no linuxians
Nevertheless i encourage our linuxians going on to provide (or try) applications for us, Don't stop. I failed with Gogglesmm, But that is what i need.
Merci les gars
Attachments
Brulots.jpg
Brulôts are to burn ... CDs ?
(61.17 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 01:36, edited 4 times in total.

musher0

#13 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

Baby Jesus was born in a "manger" ! Is this song player devoted solely to Christmas and
Christian music ? :roll:

Call me a simpleton if you will, but please define "manger" in this sense and help me
understand.

TIA.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

Musher0, you had better use K3B to burn your CDs

#14 Post by Pelo »

Musher0, you had better use K3B to burn your CDs than to make humour on our little 'jesus Christ' :!:
Look burning with K3B will make you a CD like a Vinyl... Gogglesmm-0.12.7-i686 would read it with pleasure, if it runs with my precise 5.7.1 Legopen.
Your Christian name is Musher, don't lead our poour lecteurs to windows burners. In France we don't burn we grave.
NDLR / screenshot will be withdrawn asap (it's a joke) :)
Attachments
johnny.jpg
That is burning !
(24.15 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Pelo

Gogglesmm added in Tahrpup xfce beta

#15 Post by Pelo »

Gogglesmm added in Tahrpup xfce beta to play music from files found on my computer. It's one of the lighter jukebox and the GUI is teenage.
Of course, it works well. People should feed back more about it, n'est-ce pas (in english, n'est-ce pas is very difficult to translate)
Shouldn'it ? Is that correct ?
Attachments
xtahr.jpg
My media players
(50.68 KiB) Downloaded 93 times