Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 06:14
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Efax-gtk-3.2.13
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
charlie6

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr 2014, 04:17    Post_subject:  Efax-gtk-3.2.13
Sub_title: gtk2.0 GUI send - receive faxes

Hi,
efax-gtk-3.2.13
Read this for more infos:
http://efax-gtk.sourceforge.net/

here is the latest release at now, compilerdon wheezy-3.5.2.11 for GTK2.0.
(might run on other Puppies ...just test it and please report results).
(i.e. c++-gtk-utils compiled choosing GTK2.0 compatibility)
This pet has the lib-c++-gtk lib in it, as also all available locales.

download link:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3044986a

enjoy Very Happy
Charlie
efax_scrn.png
 Description   efax-gtk screenshot (french translated GUI)
 Filesize   84.61 KB
 Viewed   409 Time(s)

efax_scrn.png

rerwin

PostPosted: Tue 12 Aug 2014, 11:36    Post_subject: Setup package for efax-gtk  

To make the efax-gtk package more user friendly, so that it can be ready out-of-the-box, I have created a supplemental setup package that works with both the efax-gtk-328 and efax-gtk_wheezy-3.2.13 pet packages.

After first installing either of those efax-gtk pets, then install my efax-gtk-setup package which is available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t66f9g6i82ffkah/efax-gtk-setup-0.1.pet

At that point, there will be a menu entry under Utilities for the 'wheezy' version or under Documents in the utilities (last) submenu section (along with PDF generators) for the '328' version of efax-gtk.

My intent is to facilitate implementing the additional user options mentioned in documentation but otherwise requiring user creation or editing activities. The features support:
    - Selection of modem device from a drop-down list of possibilities
    - Creation or removal of a "fax printer"
    - Activation or suppression of automatic starting of efax in 'standby' state
    - Suppression of the setup window, for when options are not expected to change
Unless the efax work files are already located in a /root subdirectory they will be placed in /root/efax-gtk, to ensure that they are not scattered in the top level of the /root directory. However, if those files are already present in /root, they will be left as they are.

I am open to extending the directory option if there is interest. For now, please install both an efax-gtk package and the setup package together, without trying efax-gtk alone, because it would place the work files into /root.

If you need to run before the setup package is installed, uncomment the WORK_SUBDIR parameter at the end of the /usr/...etc/efax-gtkrc file and add a directory name to it (e.g., WORK_SUBDIR: efax-gtk), before running efax-gtk the first time.
Richard

BTW, Charlie, could you make this thread a continuing one for efax-gtk (by adding to the title), to avoid the need for people to make individual postings for anything related to efax-gtk? One of us might add the links to the other related postings, to establish this as the main efax-gtk thread. Thanks.
charlie6

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug 2014, 00:17    Post_subject:  

Hi Richard,
Nice idea !
Quote:
...My intent is to facilitate implementing the additional user options mentioned in documentation...

I indeed have to dig into the user's README howto page to remind how to setup efax-gtk upon each update
Have installed it. Runs fine !
Thanks for that very handy app !

Quote:
..BTW, Charlie, could you make this thread a continuing one for efax-gtk (by adding to the title)...

Smile OK!

Greetings, Charlie

ps: BTW here is attached the french locale ... Very Happy .. could not find how to gettext the «none» string ...(as «aucun» in french)
efax-gtk-setup_fr.png
 Description   
 Filesize   16.44 KB
 Viewed   177 Time(s)

efax-gtk-setup_fr.png

MoManager-fr-efax-gtk-setup-0.1.tar.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  MoManager-fr-efax-gtk-setup-0.1.tar.gz 
Filesize  1.93 KB 
Downloaded  34 Time(s) 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum