LxPup 14.03 HD install does not work (SOLVED)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Blackfish

LxPup 14.03 HD install does not work (SOLVED)

#1 Post by Blackfish »

Correction! This LxPup 14.03 does not in fact work on the hard drive. It works excellently from the USB stick and the CD, but the hard drive, once booted down, will not even reboot.

In my earlier post, I said that it worked, but I was premature. I had not in fact booted down and rebooted from the hard drive. I had only removed the install disc from the drive and was still running from that boot. My goof

What is it with this stupid computer? This Dell Latitude D531 with the AMD Athlon X2 64 is about to go into the trash can.

The Precise Puppy 5.7.1 worked fine on this machine however, before I installed LxPup, with the exception of course of it not being able to connect to the Internet from the hard drive.

I think this LxPup not being able to reboot from the hard drive once installed may have something to do with that "flag" thing mentioned when I started the installation. I will have to go back and take another look at that.

Anyway, chalk up another Puppy failure to connect to the Internet on this particular machine. Not gonna happen.
Last edited by Blackfish on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Blackfish, would you please stick to one thread? You keep posting individual items in the forum about your ongoing battle with putting LxPup on this computer. Each of those items becomes a separate thread about the same thing. :?

Blackfish

#3 Post by Blackfish »

Flash wrote:Blackfish, would you please stick to one thread? You keep posting individual items in the forum about your ongoing battle with putting LxPup on this computer. Each of those items becomes a separate thread about the same thing. :?
I noticed that. My bad. Clicking the wrong button to respond. I fixed it up.

Blackfish

#4 Post by Blackfish »

Here's the trick to the whole thing...

All I had to do was run this command in the terminal and reboot:

echo "blacklist" wl" > /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom_blacklist.conf

And that's all there was to it.

So happy this nightmare is over! YAHOO!

Now, for anyone else who might have this same machine and this same problem, just to let you know, I am running Puppy Precise LxPup Retro 5.7.1. I don't know how or if this will work with other distros.