BanksyPup - online banking and Puppy sampler

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
greengeek

BanksyPup - online banking and Puppy sampler

#1 Post by greengeek »

EDIT : Before trialling Banksy Pup 01 please have a look at the later version available here

**** See second post on this page for methods to personalise BanksyPup (version 1 only) ****

BanksyPup is intended primarily for use in "Live mode" without any savefile. It comes preconfigured in either 'singleclick' mode or 'doubleclick' mode depending on the users preference. The two groups who I hope will find Banksy useful are:

1) People doing online banking who want the safety of using a session that is fresh every time:
- no passwords retained
- no history retained
- no previous savefiles grabbed by mistake.

2) Windows refugees who want to try Puppy Linux as a Live CD without risking their data or inadvertently writing to their HDDs..
- Normal drive and partition icons are removed from the desktop.
- The ususal drive mounter is no longer available from the menu.
(For an example why it is useful to have the drives and partitions inaccessible please see this thread here. Windows users do not always understand the power that Puppy offers the user to alter any and all files - whether they be critical system files or not)
- Ex Windows users will probably prefer the doubleclick variant.

Banksy has the following features:
- The RAMonly versions do not go looking for savefiles at boot time - fresh session everytime
- If you boot with the network cable connected you will be online quickly without further action. (network wizard still available for wifi setup).
- The firewall is automatically configured and activated.
- Some useful bookmarks are already present in the browser
- Banksy is configured to shut down without creating a savefile - no point confusing Windows refugees who do not yet understand the details of Puppy's save methods.
- Several wallpapers are available.
- Banksy is set to default to Greenwich mean time and US keyboard layout to make it usable for a large number of users out-of-the-box. (Quicksetup icon on desktop if you want to make a change).
- Three icons are visible on the desktop to allow the user to choose their preferred speed of shutdown. (All of these bypass savefile creation) - 'normaldown' activates the usual puppy shutdown procedure, 'quickdown' is slightly quicker (but still unmounts drives and partitions - which will not usually have been mounted by normal users anyway), and 'KILLdown' does an immediate poweroff (which is what I use most of the time as I use Banksy for 'live mode' usage)

Download links:

BanksyPup01_RAMonly_DblClick.iso (perfect for Windows users who want doubleclick)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8h414 ... lClick.iso
md5: cc035055d1290a7c9b75b161658da96d

BanksyPup01_RAMonly_SingleClick.iso (perfect for Puppy users wanting fresh, live sessions)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydt4i ... eClick.iso
md5: ea466ac65b6b403b206dc4d4018dcbaf

For those who may want to experiment with savefiles:
BanksyPup01_DblClick.iso
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jbq7s ... lClick.iso
md5: 68d8e702cc3c8b4b1441343f3021cec8

BanksyPup01_SingleClick.iso
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xqp0 ... eClick.iso
md5: 0d213761986e608995f2a9d32bf9530f

BanksyPup is based on Slacko 5.6 and has openssl 1.0.1g installed.

**** See second post on this page for methods to personalise BanksyPup ****
Attachments
zero.jpg
(37.68 KiB) Downloaded 2311 times
financial.jpg
(37.08 KiB) Downloaded 2562 times
robot.jpg
(32.87 KiB) Downloaded 2279 times
BanksyPurple.jpg
(21.42 KiB) Downloaded 2532 times
streetart.jpg
(16.97 KiB) Downloaded 2439 times
Last edited by greengeek on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 05:43, edited 6 times in total.

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

*****EDITED Jun 5 2014******

PERSONALISING BanksyPup01 to your needs

There are a number of ways to make a personalised version of BanksyPup so that you can run without a save file, yet still connect to your wifi and have language, keyboard layout and timezone correctly set up for your PC.

I will detail some methods here.

The first one is suggested by Jasper and uses TedDog's automatic script to build a new Banksy sfs based on your modifications.it is like an automatic remaster. Very useful.
- You can use the personalised sfs to add into a CD or an HDD or USB install

How to automatically remaster the BanksyPup01 sfs using the TedDog method for saving ram to sfs:

NOTE: this procedure captures a "snapshot" of the running system so it is best to keep things as pristine as possible - only make the specific changes you require and don't open any unnecessary programmes or documents.

Procedure to make 'personalised' version of BanksyPup01 sfs:

- Before booting BanksyPup get hold of a usb stick that has plenty of room (at least 300MB free).
- Get a copy of TedDog's ram2sfs which Jasper has kindly attached to his post here
- Copy the ram2sfs.gz file onto the usb stick, then rename it by removing the .gz suffix (don't try to extract it - it is not an archive). Rightclick the file, choose 'permissions' and say 'yes' to make it executable.
This usb stick will be the destination drive that we eventually copy the new personalised sfs onto for safekeeping.

- Decide whether you are wanting to modify the singleclick or double click version of BanksyPup and choose the iso accordingly.
- Boot BanksyPup01 into ram only (boot without any savefile)
- Wait till after the firewall has loaded.
- If you want to change the keyboard layout, language or timezone - use the desktop icon to run Quicksetup and make the changes you require. The X server may need to restart
- When it comes back to the desktop click on the "files" icon to open /root. Click the "eye" icon to show hidden files.
- Delete the ".XLOADED" file (if we don't do this we will always get a continuable error message during boot)
- Plug in the usb stick you prepared earlier.
- Open a terminal (click the 'computer screen' icon down the bottom next to the globe icon) and type:
#pmounter
- The Pmount programme will show you the available storage drives on your system. Identify the correct usb stick and click 'mount'. You should see a red bar appear. (then close pmount and the terminal)
- If you want to permanently add your wifi information into the new personalised BanksyPup then click on the 'connect' icon on the desktop. Choose the 'sns' wizard. Select your wifi interface from those shown. The wizard will then scan for wifi networks. When it comes back with the list, choose the network you are connecting to, then choose the key type, then enter the password key. The wizard will automatically connect and you should see the circular wifi icon at bottom right become active.

In general, this completes the basic changes you will need to make. (If there are other changes you want to make then this is the time to do it - but be warned, the more programmes you open, the more likely you will leave .config files and extra info lying around.)

Now we are ready to use TedDogs script to 'capture' the system and automatically build a new sfs.
Note: - this automatic script may take 20-40 minutes to run so don't plan on using your PC for anything else during that time.

- Navigate to your usb stick as follows: click the 'files' icon, then the 'up arrow', then click /mnt, then click on the correct sdx number - which should still show as mounted. Click the ram2sfs script icon.

You will see a terminal window open up - ignore the "cannot stat...." error message. Let the script run. It will show you a percentage progress while it captures the system snapshot. When it finishes it will automatically shut itself down and will have created a new .sfs in the /tmp directory. (nice work Ted!)

- Make a copy of this new .sfs onto your usb stick. Note that this will have the identical name to the original BanksyPup01 sfs so don't get them confused. You will use this new 'personalised' sfs to replace the previous standard BanksyPup01 sfs.

- When the copy has finished, open a terminal again and run pmount again by typing:
#pmounter

- Identify the usb stick and click 'unmount'. The red bar will disappear.

You can now shut down and use the personalised sfs however you want.

Adding the personalised sfs into an .iso:

We will use "Isomaster" to do this. You may prefer to do this step on some other version of puppy rather than on Banksy itself. I always prefer to use a 'live' environment to do this (no savefile):

1) Boot the pup you wish to use for the process (Choose a recent pup like Upup, Slacko etc)
2) Copy the relevant BanksyPup01 iso into /root (choose the original singleclick or doubleclick version whatever you prefer)
3) Copy the new personalised sfs into /root
4) Choose 'menu, multimedia, ISOmaster'
5) Doubleclick the Banksy iso that you can see in the upper pane of the isomaster window. This will "expand" the iso contents into the lower pane.
6) Leftclick (once) the old puppy_slackoBanksyPup01_5.6.sfs that you can see in the lower pane, then click the "Remove" button and the old sfs will be deleted from the lower pane.
7) Leftclick (once) the new personalised puppy_slackoBanksyPup01_5.6.sfs that you can see in the upper pane, then click the "Add" button and the new sfs will be added into the lower pane.
8) Choose 'File, save as' and save the new iso somewhere externally. Give it a name that clearly identifies it eg: Banksy_RAMonly_personal.iso or maybe Banksy_My_DellPC_On_HomeWifi.iso
Wait for the progress bar to finish and the OK button to appear, click ok then close ISOmaster

Burn the new iso to CD and try to boot from it.
Last edited by greengeek on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 19:36, edited 4 times in total.

Volhout

Almost perfect ...

#3 Post by Volhout »

Hi Greengeek,

I love your idea's, but I can only use WIFI. Is there a way to create a version that has a set of user parameters filled in (time zone, keyboard, etc.. WIFI...) and then create a new iso.

So you can keep the integrity, but do have a way to customize ?

Thanks,

Volhout

ally

#4 Post by ally »

greengeek

Re: Almost perfect ...

#5 Post by greengeek »

@Ally - thanks for the mirror!
Volhout wrote: I can only use WIFI. Is there a way to create a version that has a set of user parameters filled in (time zone, keyboard, etc.. WIFI...) and then create a new iso.. So you can keep the integrity, but do have a way to customize?
Hi Volhout, at the moment I do not have a way to make Banksy remember the info you want to save (other than having a small savefile accessible - which is what I want to avoid).
EDIT : See later post here for a method to add your wifi info into Banksy.
See also modified post here for a variety of solutions

I believe it would be possible to write a script and desktop icon that could be included in Banksy which would go looking for a "config file" containing the vital information you want to use for customization, but I do not yet know which files to customize. (also I believe that such changes occurring after boot would require restart, so really not much better than the current Quicksetup & Connect method)

At the moment I rely on the Quicksetup icon on the dsektop for language, keyboard and timezone customization, and the "connect" icon for setting wifi parameters. If I can work out which files are overwritten by these wizards then maybe I can write a set of instructions allowing the user to remaster with their preferred data so that the correct info will be included in the iso and available during boot.

I believe wifi parameters are kept in /etc/network-wizard/wireless but I need to research how best to modify then trigger that information. (Once the data is permanently included in these files I think something like Frisbee would then be used to activate the wifi during boot - maybe someone can tell me if there is some other way to use this data automatically)

Default timezone information is available in /usr/share/zoneinfo but there are some tricks to using that information and so far I have only changed the default timezone from Perth to Greenwich mean time.

Keyboard layout I have not experimented with yet (I am fortunate that the NZ keyboard is simply a US international version so no change required for me).

I hope I can learn how these processes work so that I can help the end user to customize Banksy to their local needs.
Last edited by greengeek on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 19:24, edited 2 times in total.

cthisbear

#6 Post by cthisbear »

Good day mate.

Does it have Aussie banks?

Which Puppy version?

And >> a great idea.

If it has Frisbee...wifi setup each time should be a no brainer.
I take it that is full of the problem drivers >> Broadcom etc...
that plagues new users.

Chris.

mikeb

#7 Post by mikeb »

save sfs?.... it pretty much would cover your needs.. config save and no subsequent saves in a totally ram only experience...

mike

ps not my needs..been internet banking on windows and linux for 10 years on 'normal' setups but if its a neat way of setting up a pup then happy to contribute.

greengeek

#8 Post by greengeek »

cthisbear wrote:Does it have Aussie banks?
Not yet - I decided people may not trust 'pre-bookmarked' banking sites and may prefer to just use google to link to their bank. However I would be happy to add any bookmarks that people can suggest. So far I have just added some common webmail providers but if people can tell me which banking login urls or other sites they want I will add them in the next release.
Which Puppy version?
Based on Slacko 5.6 and includes openssl 1.0.1g
If it has Frisbee...wifi setup each time should be a no brainer.
Yep - it seems really easy to get on via wifi. The issue I want to work on is how to make it easy for the user of a Live CD to 'graft' their Wifi SSID and Key permanently into the CD without having to use save sessions. I plan to develop this idea a bit more.
I take it that is full of the problem drivers >> Broadcom etc... that plagues new users.
Don't know about this. I guess I will have to see what comes out of the woodwork...

mikeb wrote:save sfs?.... it pretty much would cover your needs.. config save and no subsequent saves in a totally ram only experience...
This would work ok with HDD based installs, but could that work with Live CDs? What I really want to focus on is trying to alter the boot behaviour of Banksy so that a Live CD user can "tailor" it (without doing a full remaster) and have it boot into their preferred language, timezone and keyboard layout without the usual method where the user has to use the Quicksetup method. Quicksetup is great - but imagine if it could be reconfigured to look at a pre-determined text file and set up the defaults automatically in accordance with what the user prefers.

If that could be done, then maybe it would be possible for a user to 'tailor' Banksy by using Isomaster and simply adding a small text file into the iso - containing their basic parameters.

If I was to suggest what could be incorporated in the text file it might be variables such as the following:

$TIMEZONE or maybe $GMT_OFFSET would be simpler.
$KBD_LAYOUT
$LANGUAGE
$WIFI_SSID
$WIFI_KEY
$WIFI_ENCRYPTION (eg Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2) (Although I think Frisbee can detect this automatically...)
$HOSTNAME (Probably don't need this - Puppy does a good job of allocating a random name at present)

This would have to assume that DHCP was the norm. (Wouldn't bother about trying to set up static...)

I don't know how many Puppy files would need to be modified to access such a text file - probably not many. At the moment Puppy sets certain defaults during the boot process anyway eg timezone=Perth (but I modified this to GMT in Banksy), keyboard layout=US INTL, and Language=US English so I don't think it would be too hard to 'redirect' this process to look at a text file stored on the original CD that the Puppy sfs was on (or on other media if required).

This would be quite a different process to looking for a savefile because a savefile is so much more complex and needs the layering system.
ps not my needs..been internet banking on windows and linux for 10 years on 'normal' setups but if its a neat way of setting up a pup then happy to contribute.
Any contribution gratefully received :-) If I rely on my own coding skills I will still be working on this next century.

I just want to end up with a read-only (eg CD based) Puppy that the user can easily pre-configure to give them a quick, easy, and repeatable experience, knowing that once they shut down everything will be just the same as it has always been. Every boot a good clean boot with no further configuration required.

Volhout

save.sfs

#9 Post by Volhout »

Greengeek,

What about installing puppy the traditional way, create a save file on harddisk. Burn that save file on CD, next to the other files in the iso.
Then erase the save file from HD.

Basically you have a read-only save file....
Would tat work ? I never tried.

Volhout

greengeek

Re: save.sfs

#10 Post by greengeek »

Volhout wrote:What about installing puppy the traditional way, create a save file on harddisk. Burn that save file on CD, next to the other files in the iso. Would tat work ? I never tried.
I think I read that such a method only works if you are using a multisession CD/DVD. I want to find a method that allows the CD or DVD to be 'closed' - single session only.

It would be good if a CD could be burnt as x.iso plus x.sfs on one disk. I don't think it's possible.

EDIT : The extra sfs needs to be INSIDE the iso. And there are issues with relative the priorities of 'personal sfs' and 'main puppy sfs'. The current version of Banksypup can use methods that i will clarify in the first two posts of the thread, and there will be a Banksy2 using some other methods later.
Last edited by greengeek on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

greengeek

#11 Post by greengeek »

mikeb wrote:save sfs?.... it pretty much would cover your needs.. .
How easy is it to convert a .2fs to an sfs?

Jasper

#12 Post by Jasper »

Hi greengeek,

One method:

(1) Make a multi-session CD/DVD (rewritable or not) with all additional apps and all settings saved back to the CD/DVD as a dated save folder (or, folders/directories if more than one bite at the cherry).

(2) Load the original iso using "ISOMaster file editor" and merely add the dated save folder(s) from the CD/DVD and then use "save as".

(3) Use say, a CD-R and "Burniso2CD" to burn the updated iso as closed (i.e. not multi-session).

My regards

Alternatively, investigate the 5* "ram2sfs" from Ted Dog; optionally using a DVD and his DVD "reburn" and with no dated save folder so that the boot flag prevents any additions (even) to a multi-session-DVD>RW.

Contact gcmartin about his multi-session-CD/DVD manual or Ted Dog, the star of the show, for more info.

mikeb

#13 Post by mikeb »

No forum notifications...yo
This would be quite a different process to looking for a savefile because a savefile is so much more complex and needs the layering system.
Well the live CD does mean you have a layered filesystem anyway and it would use the existing tmpfs rather than add a layer.

IIRC if a sfs is added to the iso it does still get loaded at boot without configs...intended for multisession. So could create the sfs and then add it that way...

Or as you mention add your presets any similar way... and to make a sfs from a save file just mount it and use squashfs....it would more or less be doing the same as a save sfs but as a one off. Copying the contents of sfs (or anything else) to pup_rw works...been using it for years. AUFS is flexible unlike unionfs.

Just throwing in ways that require little or no system modifications.

I tested/proved full system to ram for testdog ...not sure if thats helpful in this case... though it could be used in the same way...ie add a preset config to tmpfs.

Thing is you could try the sfs save to see how it works and then you may have something you can adapt. You will see your first run save is a mere few hundred k if you avoid running the browser (which is how it should be for this anyway) (WHAT no 1GB save file!!!!we will all die :D )

mike

greengeek

#14 Post by greengeek »

Thanks jasper and mike - some good stuff there for me to try. I just finished trying to burn a CD with a .2fs savefile added into the iso but unfortunately it died a horrible death during boot - giving me lots of messages about missing inodes and also about read only file systems being unable to create important r/w things.

I will try something similar with an sfs.

greengeek

#15 Post by greengeek »

Also just tried making a 'personal.sfs' which included my wifi setup files and I burned that sfs into the .iso alongside the normal puppy files, but puppy just ignored the new sfs.

mikeb - have you ever worked with a personal.sfs from CD, or only from HDD install?

Is it possible to force puppy to load an extra sfs during the boot? Is that what people do when they load adrv's and zdrv's etc?

Jasper - I will look into that method with the dated save folder. Thanks.

greengeek

#16 Post by greengeek »

Volhout wrote: but I can only use WIFI. Is there a way to create a version that has a set of user parameters filled in (time zone, keyboard, etc.. WIFI...) and then create a new iso.
Hi Volhout, I have found one way to add the wifi connection into the Banksy iso without modifying the actual Banksy sfs itself.

This means that it is possible to create an iso that runs totally live (without savefile), but has the ability to connect to your wifi automatically during boot. (I have not yet figured out how to sort out the language and keyboard layout - but I know they can be already be done by listing them as parameters when the boot prompt is showing so I will get back to those after further testing)

I have tried to write the procedure so that a relative newby can use it so please forgive any duplication of knowledge:

Method to modify Banksy iso for auto connection of Wifi

Here is one method that can be used to set up a modified Banksy iso so that it contains your wifi info to allow automatic starting of the wifi connection when booting RAMonly versions (ie: no savefile).

This procedure creates a basic "zdrv" sfs which contains your wifi info and can easily be grafted into the Banksy iso without touching the main Banksy sfs. (At the moment Banksy uses the same zdrv naming as slacko 5.6 so it will be necessary for the final zdrv to be called 'zdrv_slacko_5.6.sfs'. I may change this name in a future release)

(Be aware that this zdrv will only be applicable on your PC running on your own wifi - it is not portable. If you need portability you need to use the connect wizard on each new machine/site you go to)

Creation of zdrv:

1) Decide whether you want to use the 'singleclick' or 'doubleclick' Banksy variant. Boot your target PC using the RAMonly version of this.
2) Use the 'connect' icon and choose 'sns' and set up your wifi parameters and verify that you can access the internet.
3) Once the connection is definitely running, navigate to /etc and look for the /simple_network_setup directory. This directory contains the specific information about your network setup and wifi parameters. Make a copy of this directory into /root
4) Make a new directory in /root and call it 'squashfs-root' (without the quotes)
5) Open 'squashfs-root' and make a new directory in there called 'etc' (without the quotes)
6) Open 'etc and put the copy of 'simple_network_setup' into it.
7) Now we are ready to create the sfs as follows:
- In the /root directory rightclick the open space and choose 'Window - Terminal Here'
- In the terminal type:
#mksquashfs squashfs-root/. zdrv_slacko_5.6.sfs (pay attention to the slashdot after the squashfs-root)
- This will form the zdrv sfs from the contents of the original directories containing the wifi info. Save this zdrv externally so it can be used later. (email it to yourself if you are unable to mount any drives)

Adding zdrv into the iso:
We will use "Isomaster" to do this. You may prefer to do this step on some other version of puppy rather than on Banksy itself. I always prefer to use a 'live' environment to do this (no savefile):

1) Boot the pup you wish to use for the process (Choose a recent pup like Upup, Slacko etc)
2) Copy the BanksyPup iso into /root
3) Copy the new zdrv into /root
4) Choose 'menu, multimedia, ISOmaster'
5) Doubleclick the Banksy iso that you can see in the upper pane of the isomaster window. This will "expand" the iso contents into the lower pane.
6) Leftclick (once) the new zdrv that you can see in the upper pane, then click the "Add" button and the zdrv will be added into the lower pane.
7) Choose 'File, save as' and save the new iso somewhere externally. Give it a name that clearly identifies it eg: Banksy_RAMonly_plus_zdrv.iso or maybe Banksy_Volhout_HomeWifi.iso
Wait for the progress bar to finish and the OK button to appear, click ok then close ISOmaster

Burn the new iso to CD and try to boot from it.

russoodle

bookmarking banks..

#17 Post by russoodle »

@ cthisbear: i don't know that pre-bookmarking the urls to any financial institution is a good idea...i know it's always easier just to click a link, but it's probably safer to always type in the url.

I'm not a mad hatter, (mad maybe but not a constant wearer of tin-foil hats), but just try to be careful where my bank account's concerned..
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Sylvander

Re: bookmarking banks..

#18 Post by Sylvander »

russoodle wrote:...safer to always type in the url.
I go further...
I use WINE [need it available in Puppy] to run my Windows exe portable "Acerose Password Vault" [I've used it since my Windows days].
I only need to memorize the username and long-password to gain access to the vault, and then...
I copy & paste info from the vault to wherever.
That includes the URL for the banking webpage.
That way the webpage cannot be spoofed.
One time though...
The bank changed the webpage address.
I checked that change very thoroughly before I used it.
Once satisfied I changed the address saved in the vault, and have used that ever since.

greengeek

#19 Post by greengeek »

Volhout wrote:but I can only use WIFI. Is there a way to create a version that has a set of user parameters filled in (time zone, keyboard, etc.. WIFI...) and then create a new iso.
Hi Volhout, in addition to the previous post about how to burn wifi parameters into the iso I have been looking at an easy way to specify the locale and keyboard layout:

If you are planning to boot from a CD you can use isomaster to edit the isolinux.cfg and add the 'pkeys' parameter to specify a keyboard layout, and the 'plang' parameter to specify the locale/language. As follows:

- Copy the appropriate iso into /root and start Isomaster
- In the upper isomaster pane doubleclick the iso you want to modify.
- In the lower pane leftclick the 'isolinux.cfg' file once, then rightclick it and choose 'edit' (if you get an error look at the isomaster tools/options and make sure the editor is set to geany, not mousepad)
- You will see the file contents and you can add extra parameters to the init line as seen here:

Code: Select all

default puppy
display boot.msg
prompt 1
timeout 50

F1 boot.msg
F2 help.msg
F3 help2.msg

label puppy
kernel vmlinuz
append initrd=initrd.gz pmedia=cd pfix=ram plang=en_NZ.UTF-8 pkeys=dvorak
(This example sets the locale to NZ english with UTF8 and sets the keyboard layout to dvorak).

After modifying and saving the isolinux.cfg file, save the whole iso (file, save as...) and give it a name like Banksy_wifi_enNZ-UTF8_dvorak.iso or whatever to identify the changes. Burn the CD and test boot.

ps: I haven't found a specific list of current locales but if you look in the directory /usr/share/i18n you will see a directory of locales and also "charmaps" (UTF8 etc). I saw a comment from BarryK here stating that it is necessary to specify the full locale:
"Yes, plang must be a full locale, ex: de_DE.UTF-8
I have modified 'init' script to reject an incomplete plang.". I haven't looked into this too closely so can't give full advice. I just tested that the method works with my test of en_NZ.UTF8. Forum member L18L seems to have lots of knowledge in this area so may be worth PMing him for difficult questions about locale.

What locale and keyboard layout would you normally be using? Hopefully this method will get you closer to having the iso fully set up for your local needs.

I now need to find an easy way to set the timezone... (I'm hoping to find a way to specify it in the zdrv as with the wifi parameters but not certain how to make it work yet).

tony

#20 Post by tony »

Hi greengeek,

I have put Banksy pup on a partition in my hard drive which multiboots with grub4dos.

I customised Banksy and then used menu > setup > Remaster puppy live CD.

This will give you access to one other partition on which to build a customised system.

Read the instructions carefully. Tedious but it works.

other tools are unsquashfs and mksquashfs but you have to know where everything goes.

Regards Tony.