What do I need to record from a digitally connected deck?

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
LeithR

What do I need to record from a digitally connected deck?

#1 Post by LeithR »

I recently acquired an ION Profile LP USB Turntable and was wondering what software is best to use to capture and record/save the audio? I'm running Slacko 5.3.3 on my HP Pavilion zv6000.

Thanks

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

I would use pRecord. Easy just to configure a couple of settings and record/save as mp3

I have never used a usb turntable but I presume it appears on the system as a usb soundcard so you will need to make sure it is selected as the capture device.
Oscar in England

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

According to the website, the Profile's
Built-in preamp allows you to play records on your home stereo or home theatre system
Meaning, the Profile has an analog output. My guess is, the quality of the digital conversion done by the ION is no better than you'll get if you plug the Profile's preamp output into your computer's Line in or Microphone input and use Puppy's mhWaveEdit to digitize it and format to mp3.

And for what it's worth, the ION website really slows down my computer. :x

LeithR

#4 Post by LeithR »

Thanks very much for your input, I've worked all afternoon trying to get this to work without success, I got pRecord downloaded all right. My next step is to ensure that the turntable works ok with an analogue system.

I'll get back to you once I've proven that. Thanks to all.

Smithy

#5 Post by Smithy »

The unit is USB Class Compliant, so you would be looking for ION usb device or suchlike in multiple soundcard setup. Failing that it should be harware usb:0
or hardware:usb1 or suchlike.

If MHWave edit doesn't show the interface, maybe Audacity will?

Then you won't have to go through TWO stages of digital conversion.

I was transferring some vinyl from one of these usb type decks a while back and ended up using a Technics preamp>computer interface for best results.