midori problem

Using applications, configuring, problems
mawasley

midori problem

#1 Post by mawasley »

Hi,
I downloaded Midori 0.4.3 from PPM (precise pup 5.7)for my 10-yr. old pc(512 ram, 30HD). When download finished, it showed " no missing libraries or dependent packages in the PPM.

Then going to Menu>internet>midori, I click on the midori icon and get this message:
------------------------------------
ERROR-FILE : /// usr/share/ubuntu-artwork/home/index.html
error opening file:no such file or directory
-------------------------------------------
Then if I look in the root file, I can't find anything re. midori, but it shows in the PPM that midori is installed.

Does anyone know what is going on here and if it is easily fixed.....I'm just looking to replace seamonkey with a fast lightweight simple browser.

Thks.

Galbi

Re: midori problem

#2 Post by Galbi »

mawasley wrote:Does anyone know what is going on here and if it is easily fixed.....I'm just looking to replace seamonkey with a fast lightweight simple browser.
Looking for the same, I´ve passed for QtWeb and Midori with no luck, so ended in Qupzilla.

No problems after that.

http://www.qupzilla.com/

(In my PupJibaro (derived from Puppy Precise 5.7.1) I´ve installed de Debian package).
Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

mawasley

yr. reply Qupzilla

#3 Post by mawasley »

Muchas Gracias Galbi,
I will try qupzilla but not sure on installing.....I'm ok with Pet installs but sfs or other files not sure how to proceed. Is there anything out there with all bundled into a Pet?

Thanks again..

Galbi

#4 Post by Galbi »

Installing .deb's (Debian packages) it's like installing .pet's, once downloaded, just click oven them and it will ask if you want to install it.

Now that I'm on my Pupjibaro, I've just realized that in order to run run Qupzilla, it's necesary to download and install the Qt libraries first.

But it's very easy, and it's preferably to install the .sfs of Qt. Look in the menu (system > Load SFS on the fly).

To give you more help, I need to know which Puppy are you using and how it is installed (full or frugal).

slavvo67

#5 Post by slavvo67 »

Slightly off topic, I highly recommend the portable browsers created by Shinobar. Chrome, Firefox and Seamonkey are available in the portable format.

See the following section of the Forum:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=53

Best,

Slavvo67

mawasley

#6 Post by mawasley »

thks. Galbi,
I am using precise puppy 5.7.1 only booting from a live CD for now; I want to make sure everything works fine before a frugal install.

Also, I've seen videos about sfs load-on-the-fly, so this is no problem; I just need to know exactly which QT libraries to install.

Thks. again for yr. help.

mawasley

Slavvo67

#7 Post by mawasley »

Thks. for the suggestion!
mw

Galbi

#8 Post by Galbi »

mawasley wrote:I just need to know exactly which QT libraries to install.
Try this:
http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/qt4-4.8.0.sfs

mawasley

#9 Post by mawasley »

THANKS!