Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 23 Sep 2014, 14:38
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Who here can relate to EMF-handicapped
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:41    Post subject:  

LOL if you are in the USA and like the mountains and simple living tbere is a EMF free zone caused by US Government In North East part of West Virginia. Everything is wire shelded no RF allowed for a wide area over a few counties. No cell phones no Radio stations etc.
So do the same everything wired or true IR.
Open laptop and disconnect wifi daughter board. or buy a server style PC they have greater RF shelding and no built in wifi.
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:56    Post subject:  

EMF is a real problem and only going to get worse. As OP will have figured moving away from sources are going to be the only way to gain peace he did not say where he is living but if he is in a city apartment building he is so over loaded by EMF he has no control over any nearby source like PC will push him over Into problems.
Try a EMF vacation. Just got pics of my hill billy sister living in WV on the edge of the EMF free zone looks wonderful. Very Happy There is some nice tourist attractions within that zone.. With actual old timey payphone booths Cool
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:33    Post subject:  

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone

Also placing your computer inside a microwave oven cuts EMF to nearly zero. I store my backup hd and one laptop inside a unused microwave oven just incase of a solar flare or overhead nuke. That is why Im a big fan of run in RAM and multisession save OS in DVD or BluRay. EMF killing electronics have no effect on CD or DVDs media.
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:43    Post subject:  

OP could also try mylar sleeping bags less than 20 dollars to cut EMF reaching his body. IT works. try a mylar chip bag and test if someone can call you right back on your cellphone if you place it into a chip bag and fold over openning. Most mylar bags are see thro and flexible wonder if just covering and folding over a large bag like the sleeping bag over laptop would work.. Wink
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:51    Post subject:  

microwave oven eh ...

well EMF... are we talking microwaves... UHF..... of the stuff produced by high voltage spikes...magnetic only ... cathode rays... ultra voilet?

Lots of items quoted and a vast range of radiation types all of which can have widely differing effects from warming sheep to wobbling water atoms and twanging yer dna.

I find the most harmful radiation is from TV transmitters spewing lies , junk and propaganda into the minds of billions Very Happy

mike
Moat

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 13:57    Post subject:  

^^ Laughing Laughing !! The most effective "shield" - common sense - being quite easily and economically implemented. Smile
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 14:15    Post subject:  

'Shield' was a bar of soap with deodorant built in ... it probably would have provided radiation screening knowing the sorts of chemicals that tended to get used for such things Very Happy

We demand lead foil hats....

mike
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 16:16    Post subject:  

mikeb I do not think he is joking this was not placed in off topic area. Its a real issue for those who have it. Ate lunch in a cool two story restaurant with a outdoor deck to view WV version of the Materhoon or Mt. Fugi. forgot name but a perfectly white Mountain in a sea of dark Green. There the local tribe of EMF suffers stayed.
I have a slight issue with near fields EMF such as poorly grounded computer cases and such with my muscular dystrophy causing temporary paralysis of the fingers or arm if it is resting against such sources. That was the second earilest sign of my coming M.D. issues as a young teen.
He also could have early MS or MD or any type of electrical based body issues. There is a MD condition which is near what I have and they had to cross it off the list of conditions to figure out mine. It does effect the vision and I was OK in the eyes.
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 16:39    Post subject:  

I was being light hearted, but more seriously was wondering about the vastly different sources mentioned and being under the one heading.

Quote:
I have a slight issue with near fields EMF such as poorly grounded computer cases and such with my muscular dystrophy causing temporary paralysis of the fingers or arm if it is resting against such sources.

well a badly earthed computer case does have VOLTAGE magnetically induced into the metal work from the stray field from the PSU. (the case becomes a single winding on a transformer in effect.).. you would have the equivalent of a mild electric shock... something that would make anyone react. Had a jolt of that one in the past. A well earth case pervents any significant potential difference developing.
That's not exactly radiation though hence my previous query. I had a similar experience for different reasons with a seeding machine in which the motor windings were breaking down so 3 phase mains was dancing on the fortunately earthed machine which made me dance too.

mike
Barkin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 21:12    Post subject:  

Ted Dog wrote:
.. no RF allowed for a wide area over a few counties ...

How do they block the RF from the sun and international radio broadcasts ?
[ i.e. there is still RF in those radio quiet areas ]
Barkin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 21:27    Post subject:  

Ted Dog wrote:
I have a slight issue with near fields EMF such as poorly grounded computer cases and such with my muscular dystrophy causing temporary paralysis of the fingers or arm if it is resting against such sources. That was the second earilest sign of my coming M.D. issues as a young teen.

Muscular dystrophy existed before computers/TV/radio, that you experienced symptoms whilst operating a computer is not proof the computer is the cause, or EMF are an exacerbating factor.

e.g. the OP mentions cataract , eyesight defects may become apparent to the sufferer when reading a computer screen, (as many people sit in front of a computer for hours every day), but that's not proof the computer is causing the eyesight problem. In the past people incorrectly blamed reading books for causing deteriorating eyesight.

Similarly the peculiar movements required when typing on a keyboard may cause your MD symptoms to become apparent , ( but a operating a mechanical typewriter would have the same effect , no electricity required ).
Barkin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun 2014, 22:02    Post subject:  

Ted Dog wrote:
... IT works. try a mylar chip bag and test if someone can call you right back on your cellphone if you place it into a chip bag and fold over openning.

Apparently it also works if you want a "five finger discount" Smile ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booster_bag
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun 2014, 01:36    Post subject:  

Barkin troll much IRL? so much faulty logic in those earlier posts so i have nothing to add or correct. Using EMF blockers to swipe stuff. No wonder high end stores started to put metal detection system at the doors.
Ted Dog

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun 2014, 02:17    Post subject:  

there is a new issue with touch screens on smart phones for people like myself with changes in the electrochemistry at the cell level it causes the lack of whatever it is that iPhones and my new Android use to tell there is a finger there. Its frustrating I can press tell the cows comes home and it does not know I am there. When I was a 7th grader I saved my money for one of those touch lamps. Which worked for everyone else as designed but me Sad I could feel the energy at the base.
Others with same condition have the same type of issues I was going to look into using a smartphone touch screen as a diagnostic but forgot until now.
Sylvander

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun 2014, 04:25    Post subject:  

Ted Dog wrote:
...whatever it is that iPhones and my new Android use to tell there is a finger there.

See the various kinds of touch sensitivity listed here.
Page 2 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: