How to make a Puppy iso including a full repository?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
maxrexfax

#1 Post by maxrexfax »

Is it possible to do Puppy Linux DVD with full repository (Slacko or LuPu). So everybody could download such iso file, burn it and after boot make frugal install with local repo? With no need to test urls, download files and dependencies and so on? Install on HDD Puppy and install all programs without Internet connection.

8-bit

#2 Post by 8-bit »

With Puppy being a matter of choice as to what applications and utilities a user wants and the vey large selection of files provided both on the puppy download site and other such as the Slacko sites, it it an impossibility to include all possible applications and their support files on one DVD.
And some of us do not have computers with DVD readers.

As an example, I have one directory on my hard drive that contains some of the PET files I have downloaded and even though I barely touched the surface of what is available, the directory contains over 2 gigabytes of PET files.
It is also a matter of what may be important to you for inclusion in the limited space may not be so to another user.

gcmartin

#3 Post by gcmartin »

Hello @Maxrexfax

This does NOT address your question, but,you may find some solice in its knowledge to help you.

There is a current member of this Puppy community who builds a very recent robust, full featured 32bit Puppy which exceeds anything witnessed in this community, thus far. It can be found here.

And older, yet stable, full-featured 32bit PUP is this, PhatSlacko

I draw attention to what you ask (which does make sense, BUT, it is enormous in task to provide such which is what @8-bit is sharing), for you like many of us, would like to get it all, up front, and either not use, or throw away stuff rather than to have to go the well and rebuild/add stuff to make our systems compliant to our needs.

For a 64bit robust experience, currently, you only have to look here for a similar approach to making a distro where new users would have what they would ever want and experienced users would know how to throw away anything they would not want or want to replace.

These 3 recommendations are aimed to insert into your LAN and provide everything found OOTB in a robust MS/Apple PC/laptop and you need add nothing to share any content created/downloaded/developed in either distro's operation.

Here to help

RSH

#4 Post by RSH »

...an impossibility to include all possible applications...
...the directory contains over 2 gigabytes of PET files.
My local repository of SFS Modules contains 548 Files with a total size of 9,585 MB, which is appr. 30% of all of my files downloaded for Puppy Linux.
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

maxrexfax

Thanks!

#5 Post by maxrexfax »

Thanks to all! I didnt imagine repo is SO big!