JWM Tray Buttons in tahrpup 6.0.3 CE

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
superchook

JWM Tray Buttons in tahrpup 6.0.3 CE

#1 Post by superchook »

Hi,
I am running tahrpup with all the updates and have two buttons on the taskbar between the Menu button and the window pager. these buttons launch the default browser and a terminal (urxvt). I would like to add a button for the file manager.

I have tried using
Menu > Desktop > JWM Window Manager Settings > Application launch buttons in tray
In the Popup box I put Filemanager
In the Path to icon box I put /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/home48.png
and in the Exec box I put rox
I have tried restarting JWM, restarting X and rebooting the computer but the new button does not appear.
Examining .jwmrc-tray in Geany shows a line for the new button similar to the entry for the default browser button. Instead of "Browser" there is "Filemanager", instead of www48.png there is home48.png and instead of exec:defaultbrowser there is exec:rox
What am I doing wrong?
Solved
It appears that jwm is not reading /root/.jwmrc-tray on startup. Editing
/root/.jwm/jwmrc-tray1 instead does produce the desired result.
Last edited by superchook on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

Billtoo

Re: JWM Tray Buttons in tahrpup 6.0.3 CE

#2 Post by Billtoo »

superchook wrote:Hi,
I am running tahrpup with all the updates and have two buttons on the taskbar between the Menu button and the window pager. these buttons launch the default browser and a terminal (urxvt). I would like to add a button for the file manager.

I have tried using
Menu > Desktop > JWM Window Manager Settings > Application launch buttons in tray
In the Popup box I put Filemanager
In the Path to icon box I put /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/home48.png
and in the Exec box I put rox
I have tried restarting JWM, restarting X and rebooting the computer but the new button does not appear.
Examining .jwmrc-tray in Geany shows a line for the new button similar to the entry for the default browser button. Instead of "Browser" there is "Filemanager", instead of www48.png there is home48.png and instead of exec:defaultbrowser there is exec:rox
What am I doing wrong?
You need the path to the applications.
Screenshots show the setup that is working for me in Librepup.

Works for me at least.

Edit: I just added a launcher for Rox.
Attachments
rox.jpg
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
panellaunchers.jpg
(79.05 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
jwmlaunchers.jpg
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 575 times

superchook

#3 Post by superchook »

Hi Billtoo,

I added the path as you suggested and rebooted but the new button did not appear.
I originally left off the full path because defaultbrowser in the same directory does not need it.

I currently have several save folders (one for each member of the family and a couple of others to experiment with. On boot up you are presented with a numbered list of savefiles to choose from. On booting using one of these other save folders I discovered that there was code calling another button that did not appear on the task bar.

I will have to investigate further.
Last edited by superchook on Sat 17 Oct 2015, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

superchook

#4 Post by superchook »

Solved see first post

TJK

#5 Post by TJK »

When I click on the folder button, on the right side of the icon field, the app closes. Is this a bug? (So I have to use Rox to find the icon and paste the address into the icon field.)

As well, any possibility of getting an edit entry option? This would be very helpful for me, as I make lots of mistakes... :)