Use FFConvert with pAVrecord for finding record options

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
mcewanw

Use FFConvert with pAVrecord for finding record options

#1 Post by mcewanw »

HowTo use FFConvert to find option values for pAVrecord (screencast example)

I don't have time to fully write this up at the moment (can find all sorts of stuff when FFConvert is running in similar manner as below). I'll try and document this with extended details later. For the moment, brief howto at link here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 270#790270

William
github mcewanw

Pelo

About zone to screencast use xwininfo .

#2 Post by Pelo »

About zone to screencast use xwininfo . New version of pAVrecord has a rectangle to show surface chosen (Puppy Stretch)

xwininfo: Window id: 0x1c000a5 "*LXpup Synaptic - GCstar"

Absolute upper-left X: 554
Absolute upper-left Y: 97
Relative upper-left X: 1
Relative upper-left Y: 22
Width: 925
Height: 640
Depth: 24
Visual: 0x21
Visual Class: TrueColor
Border width: 0
Class: InputOutput
Colormap: 0x20 (installed)
Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Backing Store State: NotUseful
Save Under State: no
Map State: IsViewable
Override Redirect State: no
Corners: +554+97 -121+97 -121-163 +554-163
-geometry 925x640+553+75

sh-3.00#

Robert123

Re: About zone to screencast use xwininfo .

#3 Post by Robert123 »

Pelo wrote:About zone to screencast use xwininfo . New version of pAVrecord has a rectangle to show surface chosen (Puppy Stretch)

xwininfo: Window id: 0x1c000a5 "*LXpup Synaptic - GCstar"

Absolute upper-left X: 554
Absolute upper-left Y: 97
Relative upper-left X: 1
Relative upper-left Y: 22
Width: 925
Height: 640
Depth: 24
Visual: 0x21
Visual Class: TrueColor
Border width: 0
Class: InputOutput
Colormap: 0x20 (installed)
Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Backing Store State: NotUseful
Save Under State: no
Map State: IsViewable
Override Redirect State: no
Corners: +554+97 -121+97 -121-163 +554-163
-geometry 925x640+553+75

sh-3.00#
Boring
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

Pelo

Tech Linux tutorial

#4 Post by Pelo »

pAVrecord will screencast a rectange, SSR too, Xvidcap remains the more accurate, you can screencast following your cursor
Tech Linux tutorial
About passengers recordings videos to remember how to do, as Lionel Turquaud, they can be boring..
But imagine a Forum about cars where you are offered only 'how to build your cart and start it', nothing about drivers, races, confort, countries, nothing about dreams.. That would be boring more. Even devs , real ones, escape to Facebook to meet people. And they don't want there :twisted: IT training..
37 minutes is too long, Tech Linux, if ever your are a forum member.
Nevertheless, your work is of some interest.. I know tutorials that are many, but all the same, just change the name of the Puppy PUPPY$ in the text, with a wall paper behind.
Mike Walsh video caster It will be soon. Robert 123, just wait a little bit.
Attachments
tech Linux.jpg
(17.1 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

wiak

Re: Tech Linux tutorial

#5 Post by wiak »

Pelo wrote:Xvidcap remains the more accurate, you can screencast following your cursor
On clicking a checkbox, the program weX will also allow you to "screencast following your cursor" (and can both mouse-select area and also show rectangle etc), though I'm not convinced screencast following cursor is a particularly useful facility, but maybe some find it so(?). One thing I regret about wex is that it doesn't just have the audio stream checked to start off with (which is sound recording only mode) and certainly the webcam should not be checked by default (since many computers have no webcam and wex won't then work unless you uncheck the webcam, which is a small bug easily worked around) -> of course the user can just uncheck webcam and/or video stream when they so require and the screencast quality is x264 codec so high quality.

But wex isn't in any Puppies, by default, that I know of, even though it only needs ffmpeg as its dependency (and doesn't neet Qt). I don't know how it compares in use with SSR but it is miles better than pavrecord, which was good enough in its day

wiak

Pelo

Yes these tools have to be developed more

#6 Post by Pelo »

Yes these tools have to be developed more. I was as tester for pAVrecord. For fullscreen, many can be used.. It's like Fish-eye on photography.. . For tutos, to record only part of the screen, where something happens is a huge advantage. Sure you can explain by audio... In english, that most of us, even me, hardly understand.
Xvidcap ; i don't follow the mouse. I pause, move the window, and unpause..
I want here to congratulate teams who try to improve tools as screen cast.. to disagree people who give me the reputation of not liking tr devs, which is completely false. I have a full respect for them, admiration..
Devs , not cheaters
mcewanw , SSR is available in Debian Strecth repository
Attachments
camera.jpg
Make it easy ? why not..
(43.12 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Robert123

Re: Yes these tools have to be developed more

#7 Post by Robert123 »

Pelo wrote:disagree people who give me the reputation of not liking tr devs, which is completely false. I have a full respect for them, admiration..
Devs , not cheaters
Hahaha more comedy gold from Lionel - file that one yeah right!
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

fredx181

#8 Post by fredx181 »

Pelo wrote:disagree people who give me the reputation of not liking tr devs, which is completely false. I have a full respect for them, admiration..
Devs , not cheaters
You criticize devs all the time, instead you should help them where you can ! (or, if you can't, just shutup)

Pelo

improve tools as screen cast.

#9 Post by Pelo »

"I want here to congratulate teams who try to improve tools as screen cast.." :!: